Sign in to follow this  
hoak

Get A North American Publisher Or Contract Publish!

Surely you saw this coming....Define near future:D

Day? Week? Month:mad:?

I already asked that question. Obviously, he's gonna keep dodging the question. My frustration with people dodging questions (especially when it's repeated) can reach a level that can only be described as a stick of dynamite exploding in the wrong place.

You are not being stiffed, stiffed would be:

(Placebo: No one in NA is getting ArmA 2 because I am better and you are not)

They just simply have not announced the information which you require, the release data for EU is June 17th - 19th, a Digital Download Purchase will be available from those dates, so all NA's who want to download it can from those dates. (Morphicon, SprocketIdea, GamesPlanet etc)

A DVD version I would imagine will be announced sometime soon (Beggining of June Maybe??)

There is no need to get frustrated. Patience is a virtue.

Spellchecked it for ya. But yes, you're right. Patience is a virtue, but my frustration is not with the lack of a release, but with the lack of transparency about the lack of an announcement for NA. I want to know what the holdup is, because if they just go and announce a release without explaining the cause of the delays, then I'm just gonna shake my head and walk away.

I expect accountability to the customer these days.

(Reason: I'm tired of just about 95% of the world thinking they can do anything without making themselves accountable to the people that put food on their tables. Call it bitterness if you want, but I want answers.)

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Doublepost

Take a sedative, it's just a game. Most of us are waiting to get our hands on the game anyways. I'm sure you'd be happier if he said nothing at all.

And please don't double post.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Take a sedative, it's just a game. Most of us are waiting to get our hands on the game anyways. I'm sure you'd be happier if he said nothing at all.

And please don't double post.

Wasn't my intent to. There's a reason I seem to be taking games like ArmA more seriously than the average folk. Have you ever been unable to serve in the Military? No? Yes?

Whatever the answer is, it comes down to this: I am unable to serve, because of an idiotic, useless, stupid, worthless, waste-of-breath-to-utter "Disability". It has been one of my dreams to serve the U.S. Military, and I am unable to because of this "disability" I was born with. So what's the closest thing? These "simulations".

Guess what sucks even more. Being out of the loop with VON or TS because of this disability. I can't potentially perform as well as the other gamers. Regardless, I still want to play, I still want to experience, and I still want to have fun somehow.

:\ Sad, huh?

Wasn't my intent to. There's a reason I seem to be taking games like ArmA more seriously than the average folk. Have you ever been unable to serve in the Military? No? Yes?

Whatever the answer is, it comes down to this: I am unable to serve, because of an idiotic, useless, stupid, worthless, waste-of-breath-to-utter "Disability". It has been one of my dreams to serve the U.S. Military, and I am unable to because of this "disability" I was born with. So what's the closest thing? These "simulations".

Guess what sucks even more. Being out of the loop with VON or TS because of this disability. I can't potentially perform as well as the other gamers. Regardless, I still want to play, I still want to experience, and I still want to have fun somehow.

:\ Sad, huh?

you're probably in a similar situation to me, and I agree, ArmA 2 is probably going to be the closest I can get to actually being in combat because of my disability as well.

I have one simple statement about this:

Shut the f*ck up and put it on Steam, and don't friggin' dally!

Edit:

Not accurate enough. Give us a frigging time window. A day? A week? A month? I believe I'm speaking for a lot of North American users' frustration with my language and attitude right now. BIS has a significant following here in America, and we've been getting the perception that we're getting the shaft every single time BIS releases something because they aren't saying jacksquat about us as a target audience.

We already know of release dates for the UK, the EU, Germany, etc...but nothing in the regard of North America. Look, if Bohemia wants to make some serious money, they need to actually friggin' take the American audience seriously. If y'all don't take it seriously, you're losing out on a boatload of money - no wonder you guys had to release ArmA 1 in an incomplete state to raise funding: Someone screwed up somewhere.

Edit 2: And for the love of God, if you're gonna release a game with American units and equipment, make sure you frigging sell the product with a timely release in the North American Region! Not doing that properly is like saying: "We love your stuff, Americans, and we have it in our game, but we won't sell this game to you until after we sell in other regions!"

FFS, if you pull this crap again with your next game, get rid of the American equipment and start using British equipment and units. That way, you don't piss us off with this BS. (Instead, you'll piss off the Brits.)

First of all , this just just childish behavior dude, give the developers some credit and respect, it's a game and there's always different marketing strategy's. They're not doing this to piss you off , just accept that you might not always be first to get your hands on everything.

Myself i am from Europe heck the Germans even get it on friday whilst the rest of Europe has to wait , now sure i'd love to have it for this weekend don't misinterpret but if this is the way then I'll just accept it.

I'm just gonna give you a hint, for instance the simulation market is much bigger in the East than in the west, both developer and audience-wise products like IL2 Sturmovik , Arma , Dcs Black Shark , Lockon , Men of War, Rise of Flight and the list goes on.

Rise of Flight for instance came out 3 weeks ago in Russain and the fanbase there just found out the next region for release is the U.S not Europe or anywhere else.

Heck boy am i jealous you guys get Rise of Flight @ 8th of June whilst Europe ain't even got a publisher for that one yet, but it's gonna come out in a near future according to the developers and then we'll just have to take their word for it and move on.

I didn't mean to start talking about other games but just to prove a point, it's different every time between every product and publisher...

Now let's just wait and enjoy the weekend.

Well sucks that we here also in NZ/AUS have to wait around 26th of June or even 9th of July? Crazy huh? I want a hardcopy not a downloadable copy so i will wait...

I was wondering how NKato would work his deafness into a discussion about finding a North American publisher, and he did not disappoint. :icon_eek:

Steam looks like it'll be the best source of the game for North American buyers. I do like having an actual DVD, but Steam isn't going anywhere, there's no reinstall limit, and no e-mailing for more registration codes. Sit tight, folks, the game is coming and all is well.

I was wondering how NKato would work his deafness into a discussion about finding a North American publisher, and he did not disappoint. :icon_eek:

Steam looks like it'll be the best source of the game for North American buyers. I do like having an actual DVD, but Steam isn't going anywhere, there's no reinstall limit, and no e-mailing for more registration codes. Sit tight, folks, the game is coming and all is well.

Stuff it. Bad days will bring out the worst in me. :\

Steam looks like it'll be the best source of the game for North American buyers. I do like having an actual DVD, but Steam isn't going anywhere, there's no reinstall limit, and no e-mailing for more registration codes.

Mmm, nice sentiments but Steam is now regionalized, just like DVD players; and the only people that can get ArmA II on Steam (so far) are in the U.K..

We're past 'soon' -- are we almost there yet Daddy, are we, are we huh?!

:(

Well, the phased release is what it is, and Steam isn't an exception, of course. I'm just saying that Steam will be the primary method of availability in North America when it arrives. Seeing as how Arma didn't have a big retail presence here, this will probably also be the only way for many people to get it.

If your main issue is now how it will be available but when, all I can advise is to sit back and be patient. Making posts on the Internet won't get it here any sooner. ;)

If your main issue is now how it will be available but when, all I can advise is to sit back and be patient. Making posts on the Internet won't get it here any sooner.

Maybe, just maybe, if we made a Facebook group about it?!

Hopefully the devs will have info about this soon, and I really hope that Steam won't be a NA only thing; I have Armed Assault on Steam and I really like the availabilty of knowing that I can delete it, reinstall it without ever looking for a DVD.

Well, the phased release is what it is, and Steam isn't an exception, of course. I'm just saying that Steam will be the primary method of availability in North America when it arrives. Seeing as how Arma didn't have a big retail presence here, this will probably also be the only way for many people to get it.

If your main issue is now how it will be available but when, all I can advise is to sit back and be patient. Making posts on the Internet won't get it here any sooner. ;)

Uhm, no. Steam has not been contracted to sell ArmA II outside the U.K. (R2e) for ArmA II, and there are a growing number of games on Steam that are never sold outside of one market... We may in fact never get the option to buy ArmA II on Steam.

Codemasters has already made a deal with Steam for world-wide distribution of OFP2, and Steam does offer contract exclusives now... So who knows...and yes, it would suck if we don't have a Steam option for ArmA II...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hoak

you're probably in a similar situation to me, and I agree, ArmA 2 is probably going to be the closest I can get to actually being in combat because of my disability as well.

First, there will never be any game that is anything close to being in real combat.

I prefer Steam. I do wish/hope that it will be available on Steam as soon as possible. I don't understand why people don't like digital downloads. There is no doubt that it is clearly the future of game distribution.

First, there will never be any game that is anything close to being in real combat.

I prefer Steam. I do wish/hope that it will be available on Steam as soon as possible. I don't understand why people don't like digital downloads. There is no doubt that it is clearly the future of game distribution.

Don't say never dude and besides he said it's the CLOSEST he could get to real combat.

Windows will get "steam"y.........

And it's not just because I bought a humidifier, although I did and it's uber cool :)

And it's not just because I bought a humidifier, although I did and it's uber cool :)

Ha ha ha ha, you're awesome! :cool:

Steam confirmation, and possible console hint, all in one suggestive post.:p

I prefer Steam.

Are you equating Steam with being close to real combat?

Hoak Jokes! :p

I do wish/hope that it will be available on Steam as soon as possible. I don't understand why people don't like digital downloads. There is no doubt that it is clearly the future of game distribution.

Me too; I like Steam... Moreover I hope BI goes for a universal Steam release with support for the full SteamWorks feature payload like, SteamCloud and VAC. It will help maximize the number of games a player can access, streamline and unify patching, reduce the number of cheats and exploits and summarily help ArmA II enjoy the opportunity and success it should, and that other lesser games enjoy... Hint BI: it costs money to make money, roll with everything in this proven recipe for distribution.

Some criticize VAC surreptitiously but volume for volume; cheats & exploits to number players playing it's the must successful and effective Anti-Cheat system going -- who would risk loosing access to all their paid for games? And if you think Valve isn't on top of keeping unpaid players off Steam; you don't know where the rubber meets the road of finance. Steam is good for everyone, or will be till it becomes a Microsoft-like hegemony...

I love you Placibo (in a totally heterosexual, virtual and manly way)! And of course I'm 'unofficially' excited!

:yay:

Edited by Hoak

Are you equating Steam with being close to real combat?

Hoak Jokes! :p

Me too; I like Steam... Moreover I hope BI goes for a universal Steam release with support for the full SteamWorks feature payload like, SteamCloud and VAC. It will help maximize the number of games a player can access, streamline and unify patching, reduce the number of cheats and exploits and summarily help ArmA II enjoy the opportunity and success it should.

Some criticize VAC surreptitiously but volume for volume; cheats & exploits to number players playing it's the must successful and effective Anti-Cheat system going -- who would risk loosing access to all their paid for games? And if you think Valve isn't on top of keeping unpaid players off Steam; you don't know where the rubber meets the road of finance. Steam is good for everyone, or will be till it becomes a Microsoft-like hegemony...

I love you Placibo (in a totally heterosexual, virtual and manly way)! And of course I'm 'unofficially' excited!

:yay:

another urban myth with the VAC, it bans only for the game where cheater cheated ...

not rest games on the account nor the access to the account ...

another urban myth with the VAC, it bans only for the game where cheater cheated ...

not rest games on the account nor the access to the account ...

It's not an 'urban myth', if you understand how it works, and the rules it applies. In fact VAC/Steam has banned thousands of Cheaters and Players trying to get around Steam DRM... It's not supposed to ban you're account in entire just for cheating on one game; but repeat offenders, attempts to circumvent DRM (play retail Steam games for free) has banned accounts completely. Valve/Steam keep the numbers close, but there have been enough that they have even made some refunds to Consumers complaining they were unjustly banned...

:butbut:

Edited by Hoak

It's not an 'urban myth', if you understand how it works, and the rules it applies. In fact VAC/Steam has banned thousands of Cheaters and Players trying to get around Steam DRM... It's not supposed to ban you're account in entire just for cheating on one game; but repeat offenders, attempts to circumvent DRM (play retail Steam games for free) has banned accounts completely. Valve/Steam keep the numbers close, but there have been enough that they have even made some refunds to Consumers complaining they were unjustly banned...

:butbut:

thats account hacking and breaks STEAM TOS/EULA etc. unrelated to VAC

not games hacking ... stop mismatching different types of abuse ...

if cheaters is caugh by VAC in game A on account X and then in game B,C,D,E,F ... he can still play game G ... or even use account Y with all previously mentioned games w/o ban

Edited by Dwarden

thats account hacking and breaks STEAM TOS/EULA etc. unrelated to VAC

not games hacking ... stop mismatching different types of abuse ...

if cheaters is caugh by VAC in game A on account X and then in game B,C,D,E,F ... he can still play game G ... or even use account Y with all previously mentioned games w/o ban

I understand it's important for you to be right; but in this case it doesn't make me wrong -- as Valve has decided some cheats and exploits are so volatile it has resulted in complete account bans.

And none if this bickering about details lessens the original point of my post which is and remains much more important: Steam offers excellent DRM, and VAC is an excellent anti-cheating system that does ban Players globally from the product they were caught cheating on -- no other anti-cheating does this as regularly or consistently, and resovles as favorable an in-game explot to player ratio.

:rolleyes:.

Edited by Hoak