I was looking through the original Arma site and I took a look at the Queen's Gambit expansion and I happened to see the DC-3 as an added vehicle and i was wondering it it would be in Arma 2 too because ii think it would be good for some of the insurgent forces to have it because A. Im sure someone other in military or even EX-Military would know how to fly in the entire state of Chernarus....B. the DC-3 is a readily available plane thats been since like the 30s and as is still used by several touring agencys etc around the world. C. Its simple to fly and reliable meaning not alot of effort would have to be put into maintaining suiting the insurgents lack of knowledge in planes perfectly! D. It wouldn't be too impractical also because the insurgents could fly low under radar and go in the country side flying through vallies etc. to trans supplies and men from hideout to hideout.

An Image Of The DC-3

DC3.jpg

You will see in 11 days... And if "no" - an addon takes care of it. So in general i would say "yes". It will prolly be in sooner or later with an addon if its not in from start.

I mean Insurgents......Insurgents to fly it not the marines

I mean Insurgents......Insurgents to fly it not the marines

I don't think our poor insurgents even know how to fly.:rolleyes:

and especially when Russia has akula's all around the cernarus

yea but SOMEONE ex-military or someone who even learned to fly on their own has to know how to fly in alll of Chernarus...if determined enough u give an insurgent group a DC-3 which is pretty easy to look at and say what is what they could prob fly it.

I don't think our poor insurgents even know how to fly.:rolleyes:

and especially when Russia has akula's all around the cernarus

Why would submarines stop them from flying planes? And you don't think that it is possible that there might be a few insurgents that were pilots before the war?

Even if insurgents don't have planes, there's gotta be something the airfields were used for before the conflict.

Yeah Old Military bases they were, so which ever military left before hand would of left over aircraft if they left in a hurry, with the likes of Mi17s. Which they get anyways.. so yano.

I'm sure a modder will create it not long after the release... Personally I think an ex-soviet era transport aircraft would be more fitting.

To me it is quiet logical to put the DC-3 into the game considering the fact that it is already made for QG. And why not just retexture it nice like to the other vehicles? :)

The DC-3 (or rather its Chinese copy) is extremely common in many parts of the world and rather accessible to boot. It would make a good rebellion aircraft.

I'm sure a modder will create it not long after the release... Personally I think an ex-soviet era transport aircraft would be more fitting.

Depending on the time period we are talking about, DC-3s are ex-soviet era transport aircraft. Many aircraft were given to Russia during the second world war as part of the lend-lease act of 1941. Russia acquired many P-39, P-63, and Hurricanes, and lots of other pieces of outdated junk that noone else wanted.