Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

sorry to bring up and old post, but been putting CWR on my units Arma server and lol i couldn't believe how many MP missions there are I counted roughly 90 missions!!!!

alot of them are like the same ones we all played back in OFP!

I have to say it again to you guys, you've outdone yourselves!

I just started playing...

HOLY SHIT:yay::yay:

Thanks to everyone involved, I am blown away. So many hours of fantastic gaming ahead!

Even though my contribution was small in comparison, I think I can safely speak on behalf of the entire mod team that we are very glad that you guys are having so much fun playing / making / converting missions for CWR. This is exactly what we were hoping. All feedback is valuable, but it is especially nice to know that you guys are enjoying the mod!

CWR is really awesome. I loved OFP back then and the ability to play them in ArmA is priceless. Thx a lot.

So yea, I cannot get this mod to work.

When I downloaded the main file there was no EXE file included. Which I was told to use.

Also there is a RC3 and a RC4 version of the game...?(I have the RC4 or whatnot)

I downloaded these zip, rar, or 7z files:

CWR_1985_V1_05

cwr_icons

CWR_Infantry_SP_109

CWR_MP_101

CWR_RC4_4588

CWR_Resistance_V1_05

cwr_rifles

CWR_WinterAddons

I basically just discovered mods for arma, and I'm especially excited for this CWR, but I am always finding conflicting information on how to install it and I have been trying to figure it out almost all of last night and this morning.

Could some one help me out and tell me what in the heck I need to do.

Thanks

And on a second note.... what groups would I join in order to do a clan type deal in Arma?

could someone please just tell me simply what I need to

Phew, let's see...

CWR_RC4_4588 contains the last build of the Mod, there is no more .exe version as we only had problems with it.

So you just need to unpack the .rar file into your ArmA installation folder. I don't have the file here anymore so I can't check but the archive should contain a folder called @CWR which you just need to move.

CWR_1985_V1_05 - is the latest version of the original campaign

cwr_icons - is just a set of three desktop icons

CWR_Infantry_SP_109 - Fixed SP mission

CWR_MP_101 - Fixed MP Missions

CWR_Resistance_V1_05 - Fixed Resistance campaign

cwr_rifles- Fixed Muzzleflash bug with the M16/M203

CWR_WinterAddons - Winter Kolgujev and trees.

If you still have problems running it, report back and we sort it out. :)

Ok, I'm not sure where everything goes.

These went into my campaign folder:

CWR_1985_V1_05

CWR_Resistance_V1_05

The single mission folder:

CWR_Infantry_SP_109

The multiplayer mission folder:

CWR_MP_101

A folder I created call @CWR in a folder called addon:

cwr_rifles

CWR_RC4_4588

I didn't put the CWR_WinterAddons into a folder because it said in windows that the files in it where older than the corresponding files in CWR_RC4_4588.

Now, when I tried to start the campaign, my game froze and nothing happened. And apparently I had only one single player mission that was created, and when I went to play it is said something like, "cannot play/edit, this mission requires content cwr_blah cwr_blah blah which has been detected."

So yea, good times. Help?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

on second thoguht.... nevermind....I got it to work

in the command line I had -mod:@CWR instead of -mod=@CWR.

HAHA

You should have ...\@CWR\addons, not ...\addons\@CWR

Can any of the CWC or Resistance missions be played in co-op?

Not by default as in A1 you were not able to play campaigns in MP. However you are free to unpack and edit the missions and add more player slots so you can play them as MP.

And before someone ask: No it's not decided yet if the campaigns are playable as MP in CWR² ;)

I tried change the music. These has been my steps in the process.

1- Unpack pbo file: cwr_sounds

2- Change the original music .ogg files by my music .ogg files

3- Pack the pbo file: cwr_sounds

4- Replace the pbo file in CWR\Addons

And finally the game doesn't give me an error but the music doesn't play. What I'm doing wrong?

Sorry for my poooooor english...

This thing still alive and kickin'? I've been enjoying the mod greatly. Thanks for all the effort!

P.S. Can I expect to be up against any "Skilkaz" in this version? :D

How do I install it. I checked the Search function and FAQ's but I can't figure it out. Here is how I done it (which obviously didn't work :) )

I downloaded:

CWR_1985_V1_05

CWR_Resistance_V1_05

cwr_rifles

CWR_Co42_SeizeTheBase2.noe

CWR_Infantry_V1_09.Abel

and the loads of MP missions

I created a folder in my ArmA folder called @CWR

Then I made subfolders and I got:

ArmA--

@CWR--

Campaigns

Addons

MPMissions

Missions

I moved the 2 campaigns CWR_1985_V1_05 and CWR_Resistance_V1_05 in ArmA/@CWR/Campaigns

I moved the cwr_rifles in ArmA/@CWR/Addons

I moved the CWR_Infantry_V1_09.Abel in ArmA/@CWR/Missions

I moved the load of multiplater missions in ArmA/@CWR/MPMissions

And I didn't know what to do with CWR_Co42_SeizeTheBase2.noe

I start the game with arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@CWR

The game starts, but I get a warning that cwr_rifles needs addons "Cold_War_Rearmed".

The menu and stuff is the same as ArmA, nothing changed. I can choose campaign and I see the 2 campaigns. But when I select it the game hangs. I can't choose any single player or multiplayer mission.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I think I forgot something to download. The 1478 mb part lol. Downloading RC4 now..

Still, where does CWR_Co42_SeizeTheBase2.noe go?

Edited by Gorgi Knootewoot

Yes, it helps a lot if you download the Mod itself too. ;)

The "CWR_Co42_SeizeTheBase2.noe" goes into your MPMissions folder.

And the Missions and MPMissions folders must be the ones in your ArmA installation folder, otherwise you never will see the missions in the selection screens.

Yes, it helps a lot if you download the Mod itself too. ;)

The "CWR_Co42_SeizeTheBase2.noe" goes into your MPMissions folder.

And the Missions and MPMissions folders must be the ones in your ArmA installation folder, otherwise you never will see the missions in the selection screens.

Sweet thanks :)

I uploaded an "all in one" package yesterday which you can download from the first post.

It includes the latest release (RC4) plus all bugfixes that were released in the past months. No new content has been added though, so if you have downloaded all files in the past there is no need to download it again.

Hi Guys A new member here.:yay:..

Let me start off by thanking the entire team of Cold War Rearmed :thanx: for undertaking the massive task of converting the complete CWC And resistance campaigns for Arma.

I am really enjoying playing the CWC campaign but i have a small query.

After Playing Arma2 it has become very difficult for me to adjust to the third person view of arma(cwr). Is there any setting or mod which will adjust the third person view.

ACE for Arma comes with a changed third person view but i do not know how to use that in CWR. If anyone can suggest some method to bring the third person view closer i will be a happy gamer.

Some members have suggested to change the value of extCameraPosition[] which is present in config.cpp file, but i am unable to find the config.cpp file. Can anyone tell me where it is located.

Thx.. and waiting for replies...

Possible we don't have that line in the configs because we used the default ArmA config values where possible.

Each pbo file has its own config file, there's not just that one config.cpp. And all config files for CWR are binarized so it takes a little effort to edit them, however if you want to play around with it I can provide you the source file.

Most probably you need to unpack the cwr_east.pbo, cwr_west.pbo and cwr_guer.pbo files as these are the ones for the units.

hey guys, does the mod include any form of sound and effects mod? is it compatible with one?

It's not bundled with any effects mods and it isn't designed to support any ArmA mods directly. I think it's compatible with MaddMatt effects mod. As for sound mods, you can always give it a try.