Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious - did the ladders ever get fixed? (see here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1286713&postcount=116)

If not, is there any plan to do this? W0lle?

Unfortunately the ladder issue is still there (RC4). Of course we would like to fix it, the question is just to locate the source of the problem. :confused:

If it was just a matter of a script that needed fixing, I could probably handle it doing a simple file compare and observing the differences (which is how I got into editing scripts, but I don't really know a lot about ArmA scripting and stuff). I fear though that it may be something deeper.

Could you at least point me to the pbo(s) that contain the buildings and give me access to the last pbo/code where ladders were functioning properly? I will do some digging around to see what I can find out. I may not be able to fix it but may be able to try and isolate it for someone else to fix.

Edited by KaBoNG

does this mod work with the 1.16 patch?

Yes. It's even recommended to be used.

And yes, there will be a CWR Mod for ArmA2. :)

This I simply cannot wait for. I never got to play CWR for ArmA1.

I think the original CWC/Res campaigns & islands were the best. Playing them in ArmA2 will be perfect!

I hope it's soon :)

Damn KaBoNG you were faster than me... :D

OK so the annoying muzzleflash is fixed, however the problem with the ladders is still present. And I'll be honest and say: I'm not sure if and when we can fix this as the A2 tools are installed everywhere now and we're really out of ideas what the problem could be.

Damn KaBoNG you were faster than me... :D.

We aim to please. ;)

OK so the annoying muzzleflash is fixed, however the problem with the ladders is still present. And I'll be honest and say: I'm not sure if and when we can fix this as the A2 tools are installed everywhere now and we're really out of ideas what the problem could be.

That's a disappointment. Is it possible I could have a look at the CWR "world" code before it is compiled for use? Maybe a cold (albeit inexperienced) set of eyes may help?

Hey guys Long time OFP fan since 2001!

i downloaded CWR, and am estactic at the mod, brings me back, especially the islands.

couple questions though,

is there a way to bring the iron sites of the weapons closer to your face, it seems almost impossible to see what your shooting at, and i have to hip shoot the gun more than anything to make a kill.

please fix the iron sights, the control of the gun is lost and u cant see what your shooting at, it takes for ever to line up targets cuz the reticicles are so small.

Iron sites should be like they were in OFP right up in ur face, all u should see is iron sites nothing else of the gun, it was easy killing the enemy then, now its next to almost impossible when an enemy is like 200m out, takes me like a minute to aquire 1 guy, then half a clip to hit him.

the ak47/74 sounds like it did in OFP, but the m16 sound is needing that sound it did have, seems like it needs a little more punch to it, i end up picking up ak74 instead cuz of the sound.

is there a way to isolate the ak74 sound and put it into another mod, like ace?

last question is CWR planning on moving into ARMA2 at all, that would make the mod almost surreal with the new engine, seeing Nogova, and everon, and the other islands would surely put most of us OFP fans in a state of past time shock.

but great mod overall,lol i end up playing this mod more than anything else.

KaBoNG

If there's someone out there with the experience needed we're happy to provide all information and sources needed to get the damn ladders working.

Günter Severloh

You're a bit late actually. :D

I think the M16 optics as they are now is the best we was able to recreate and comes close to how it was in OFP. However, due to the engine differences not everything can be recreated as it was in good old OFP. Reducing the floating zone setting in your options might help in your case.

The sounds are generally a problem if you read the whole thread. Where possible we used the same soundfiles as in the Xbox version of OFP (on which this Mod is based). Mark XIII wanted to make a soundmod for this but never released it actually.

Of course you can grab the AK74 soundfile from this mod and put it into ACE if you know how, but I guess you might get some trouble then when playing online.

As for ArmA2: You might check this thread. ;)

thanks for your reply wolle.

Reducing the floating zone setting in your options might help in your case.

i had done this when i got the game back when it came out, i got my floating zone to the very left, and my mouse sensitivity up just enough, with most guns that dont have the iron sites far out i can hit most things, but i just feel they are rather small and instead of coming up to your face when u look through them the gun goes out and your looking at the back of the gun through the iron sights. its good work overall, thats and the m16 sound is what really just get me in the game.

Of course you can grab the AK74 soundfile from this mod and put it into ACE if you know how

how would you do this, im only playing in the editor with ace?

i know how to extract pbos, and look at them but have no idea where to go from there.

That might hurt a bit but we don't make any changes to the M16 anymore (or the mod at all) as the few of us left are busy with CWR² now. However anyone is free to make changes to the Mod where he thinks it's needed.

As for the AK sound: You grab our AK74 sound and unpack the ace_sounds.pbo - in there is an AK74_Fire.wss which you replace with ours. If the format of ours is in a different format then you need to convert it first.

Actually a lot of work for just having one sound changed. ;)

i lookde in the addons folder and looked at the various pbos that had to do with sound, weapons, rifles ect., and extracted them but no wss files, just alot of p3d , and other ones, i have no idea what pbo that the ak is in, do you know?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Our AK74 uses an AK sound from ArmA itself:

"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\AK74_1_SS_A"

Planck

ok, i found the ca but theres no sounds in it, but i found the weapons pbo in the addons folder of arma and opned it it had the ak saoundsone i found was:

ak74_1_ss.wss

and theres alot of other files as well, am i on the right track?

Almost, you must grab the \ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\AK74_1_SS_A.wss, which as Planck said is the one ArmA/CWR is using for the AK74

wolle, i must be blind or something but there is no sound in ca in the main arma addons folder, i just looked again and in every folder, there is no folder with sound in it.

\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\AK74_1_SS_A.wss

ca path is the pbo in arma main folder right?

thats where i looked its not there

ace dont have a ca, and neither does CWR addons folder

Sigh...

1) unpack the weapons.pbo from your \arma\addons folder

2) in the new "weapons" folder you have subfolder called "data"

3) in that data folder is a "sound" folder which contains what you desire, the AK74_1_SS_A.wss

4) Now in your @ACE modfolder you unpack the ace_sounds.pbo

5) in the new "ace_sounds" folder is a subfolder called "Fire"

6) In that Fire folder you backup the AK74_Fire.wss file.

7) Now copy the AK74_1_SS_A.wss into that \ace_sounds\Fire folder and rename it to "AK74_Fire.wss"

8) Repack the ace_sounds.pbo and play

wished u would have said this the first time, but i do appreciate you helping me out.

so how do you repack the pbo, i use cpbo to extract it, does that do the same thing, or do i need something else?

If you have installed cpbo as shell extension then yes you can pack it all back the same way (right click on the foldername and select "create pbo".

ok, did it, i figured it out, now to play, thanks again, and i appreciate your trouble wolle, didn't mean to be a pain in the ass but because of this i learned something new.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

:j:WTF it dont work, i use Vopsound mod, and i shot the gun and it sounded the same, so i took the vop out of my shortcut , tried it again, then i had no sound for any of the weapons.I put vopsound back and now i got sound again.