Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Thank you for your comments and kind words. Unfortunately, Red Hammer is not possible because it is the property of Codemasters and we do not have permission to use it.

I'm having problems with the M16 (and variants) muzzle flash effect. During the earlier missions it was just a ghosted effect over allied troops weapons and not noticable on my own weapon. Now as you can see it has become quite difficult to aim with iron sights :)

NOTE: I am not firing in the picture, that is a permanent effect, and does not change when i fire.

arma2009071118271804.th.jpg

No other addons are running, all graphics settings at maximum @ 1920x1200.

GTX285, 4gig ram, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R. QX6700 CPU.

Also Codemasters are pretty messed up if they are stoppping community made remakes of Red Hammer. It's not like they are making any money out of it anymore. Unless they are planning to remake (read:completely destroy) them themselves....

Edited by D_O_A

I'm having problems with the M16 (and variants) muzzle flash effect. During the earlier missions it was just a ghosted effect over allied troops weapons and not noticable on my own weapon. Now as you can see it has become quite difficult to aim with iron sights :)

NOTE: I am not firing in the picture, that is a permanent effect, and does not change when i fire.

No other addons are running, all graphics settings at maximum @ 1920x1200.

GTX285, 4gig ram, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R. QX6700 CPU.

Also Codemasters are pretty messed up if they are stoppping community made remakes of Red Hammer. It's not like they are making any money out of it anymore. Unless they are planning to remake (read:completely destroy) them themselves....

I get the same thing with tank machine guns.

Have just checked all personal weapons (rifles/handguns), there were no problems with static/permanent muzzle flash apart from the Tokarev handgun which I fixed.

Bear in mind that I did fix a muzzle flash problem for the M16+M203 a few posts back in this topic, this fix will not yet be released.

Whilst I was about it I checked all armour vehicles for the same problem and found nothing there regarding muzzle flash.

Make sure you are not running any other mods at the same time as cwr.

If cwr is the only mod running make sure you have the latest updates .... check earlier in the topic for updated download locations.

Planck

Edited by Planck

Seem to be stuck on Hind attack mission of Cold War Crisis. The objective is to find the secret base and destroy as much as you can (which i have done) and then head to one of the tree evac points (tried all of them) The problem is i have found and destroyed the base (objective complete) but when i head to any of the evac points, the main character says "where is that base?"

Restarted the mission 3 times now , with the same result.

Something similar happened to me with the mission where you have to destroy the Shilkas. When I destroyed the second one (at the base in the East), it didn't register that I'd completed the objective. I ended up having to cheat my way to the next mission, which was a bit frustrating.

Also, it seems that my AI teammates always set their satchel charges to a thirty-second timer, which has resulted in me almost being blown up a couple of times. Much fun was had. :yay:

Just finished the Cold War campaign, overall great fun, the only game breaking bug i encountered was the one detailed in my earlier post.

Started the Resistance campaign. The sound in some of the cutscenes is filled with extremely loud static for some reason. Especially the scenes with the voice of the PA systems.

My following question was already posted one page b4 but not answered, so here again...

Will the CWC Mod also ported over to ArmA2 or are the chances for that low?

Local download link for Aussies :)

LINK

And yes, typo on "assault" :)

Although it would be nice to see this ported to Arma 2, i don't think it is really needed.

first of all, thank you so much for this mod! I reinstalled Arma this weekend only to be able to play "OFP" again - and I absolutely love it! Replaying the campaigns brings back good old memories :)

But I've encountered the M16/203 muzzle flash bug, and it really is annoying as it completely blocks my sight at night :(

Bear in mind that I did fix a muzzle flash problem for the M16+M203 a few posts back in this topic, this fix will not yet be released.

is there any ETA of the bugfix?

first of all, thank you so much for this mod! I reinstalled Arma this weekend only to be able to play "OFP" again - and I absolutely love it! Replaying the campaigns brings back good old memories :)

But I've encountered the M16/203 muzzle flash bug, and it really is annoying as it completely blocks my sight at night :(

is there any ETA of the bugfix?

Seconded, although if the bugfix is a fair ways out, any chance someone could just explain how to fix it ourselves (I notice someone offered a fix a few pages back)? Enjoying the campaign greatly so far but the bug is a little game-breaking for me unfortunately :(

Either way thanks for all your hard work guys, you've done a nice job!

Cheers

Hi all,

we'll see if we can fix the remaining small glitches in a hotfix.

I just checked the Hind Attack mission and think I found the reason why at the end you sometimes get "Where's that damn base" though the Hinds are destroyed.

Also added an additional savepoint when you found the camp.

I scan the various fansites for more mission/campaign related bugs, try to fix what is broken and then once again release another campaign fix.

And yes, there will be a CWR Mod for ArmA2. :)

Hi all,

we'll see if we can fix the remaining small glitches in a hotfix.

I just checked the Hind Attack mission and think I found the reason why at the end you sometimes get "Where's that damn base" though the Hinds are destroyed.

Also added an additional savepoint when you found the camp.

I scan the various fansites for more mission/campaign related bugs, try to fix what is broken and then once again release another campaign fix.

Fantastic news :thumb:.

A hotfix for A1? Very much apprechiated :bounce2:

A1 plus CWR ist still my favourite :yay:

Huzzah!

I should know this exactly but since I was 6 weeks away I'm not 100% sure, so my advice would be:

Install CWR using the RC3 installer and then unpack the RC4 files into the created CWR Mod folder, overwriting the existing ones.

Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see any of those converted Ofp sp missions in CWR? Do i have to download these seperately?

They are included in the RC3 setup and should be in ...\ArmA\Missions\CWR\

Alright, give me some time and I upload you the SP missions. No need to download the RC3 too if anything else works.

The download for the Campaigns you can find in the first post.