Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Same for me when I have that weapon. I try to kill someone quick and get his weapon then. The corpse who got my weapon then has the muzzle.

So far great conversion. A few minor bugs and a few differences, but very very good and nice to play. It does beat the original ArmA campaign, although I enjoyed that too. BIS, /thumbsup for you guys for making OFP and ArmA, and /thumbsup for the people who worked on this conversion,

For some odd reason, I didn't get the missions "Recon" and "Killdozer". I just jumped straight from "Air Superiority" to "Air Assault". Is this by design or is it a bug?

thanks for the hard work cwr mod team :thumbs-up:, ive been waiting long for this mod

i put it on our server, seem to work fine

is there some existing coop missions for cwr? would be cool to have that on the first post

Ok, M16+M203 muzzle flash problem has been fixed thanks for the reports about it.

Planck

Where to download the fix?

And thanks for the very quick update :)

The fix is probably not yet released, just fixed in the internal version.

Hi, have you also fixed the issue with the M203 sights?, that the front sight was risen in

the gun's viewpilot LOD blocking the FOV of the shooter, and the issue with the M203 sight

that wasn't used in the same way that in the ArmA?, that made the M16A2-M203 less

usefull than how it could. Let's C ya

Thx for taking note of it and fixing the muzzle flash thing guys :)

Looking forward the next release or patch and I've put CWR on the side for now.

Hi - I've installed, but I can't play any missions - on loading them I get a message along the lines of "Can't play/edit this mission. Downloadable content required to play has been deleted: cwr_vehicles_land_tracked, cwr_islands_eden" -- exact message varies. Any suggestions?

Hi - I've installed, but I can't play any missions - on loading them I get a message along the lines of "Can't play/edit this mission. Downloadable content required to play has been deleted: cwr_vehicles_land_tracked, cwr_islands_eden" -- exact message varies. Any suggestions?

Are you starting ArmA with the CWR mod loaded?

Ok, M16+M203 muzzle flash problem has been fixed thanks for the reports about it.

Planck

Greetings Planck,

Good to know the bug is already fixed. However, I'm far too impatient to wait for a patch, so I learnt a little ArmA modding and managed to fix it myself. :p

I just wanted to ask for your permission to provide a link to download my fix. If you don't want me to, then no problem. I just thought others might like a temporary fix until you guys are ready to release the patch/next version.

Are you starting ArmA with the CWR mod loaded?

I couldn't find anything about how to start in the readme and there didn't seem to be any new shortcuts installed anywhere, so I assumed you launched Arma as normal and went to Campaigns > CWR...

Have just found the CWR shortcut in the game's main folder. All working fine. Good stuff!

Greetings Planck,

Good to know the bug is already fixed. However, I'm far too impatient to wait for a patch, so I learnt a little ArmA modding and managed to fix it myself. :p

I just wanted to ask for your permission to provide a link to download my fix. If you don't want me to, then no problem. I just thought others might like a temporary fix until you guys are ready to release the patch/next version.

It's probably not good if you release the fix as you can't sign the pbo properly, also I guess it is not good to have unofficial releases, as especially in MP this might lead to problems when not all have the same version.

It's probably not good if you release the fix as you can't sign the pbo properly, also I guess it is not good to have unofficial releases, as especially in MP this might lead to problems when not all have the same version.

Well, I would have made clear that it is a temporary fix until the next patch. But ok, that's fine with me... it is your mod, after all. I'll keep the fix to myself and a friend.

Keep up the good work. :ok:

Is this also the right place for gameplay questions? If so: I'm stuckstuckstuck in "Wake-Up Call". Any tips on how to approach the Shilka base in the East without getting my ass handed to me by the base soldiers or the BMP? I'm seriously considering finding some poor RPG soldier, shooting him and then pulling a Rambo on that base with the stolen RPG...

A pity in ArmA was that there where no women in the game except the reporter. At least now I can place women with the editor again and blow them all up.

I also have a game question. Can I port my own missions into ArmA now?

CWR was designed to be as compatible with OFP missions as possible. That said, you may have to make some changes for them to work 100%.

CWR was designed to be as compatible with OFP missions as possible. That said, you may have to make some changes for them to work 100%.

Oh wow that is excellent to know, I guess the best way to accomplish this is to open custom created missions in the editor and modify as necessary.

I got some levels to work. Some who had addons didn't work because the addon didnt work in ArmA. But at least some deathmatch levels worked which is great for friday night.

Anyway, I found a bug while fooling around with the editor..

Bicycles don't have animations. Also looking in 1st person you are in the front wheel of the bike which looks odd.

True, there are no animations available for the bike, however the pilot-view lod proxy position for driver is now sorted, thanks.

Planck

I'm not sure what you're asking, but CWR ought only to work in ArmA 1 at the present.

Hey People,

this MOD is really great!!! It's the best ArmA MOD I've ever seen.

It gives ArmA the beautiful landscape (and the missions) of OFP...

Thanks a lot to all the guys who made it!

One Question:

Is it possible/doable(for you^^), to include the "Red Hammer"-Campaign in CWR?

Thanks guy amazing addon. I was about to play through flashpoint again until i saw this, mind if i send a link to my isp to have them add a mirror? (free quota for it's customers)

Download limits suck :(

Any chance we will ever see the red hammer campaign redone?

Edited by D_O_A

Hello folks!

haven't posted for quite some time now, and I just stopped by to say two things: number 1: CWR is THE mod for Arma, I downloaded one of my old favourite missions for ofp, threw the mission pbo into cwr and it worked straight out of the box! lol that made my day.

Number 2: I too would love to see the red hammer campaign ported along with another one that was made by the russian community, I think it was called peacemaker or peacekeeper or something like that. Don't get me wrong, but playing the americans all the time just gets a bit boring.

anyway, I hope to see this mod in 'the real Game II' aswell.