Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Only mods I use in conjunction with this one are ECS and Matt's effects. But again to echo their own words, if you find a bug make sure it happens with no other mods installed.

Think I'll add that fixed range nightvision however, use to use that in my old immersion list build.

CWR Team,

Thanks so much for all your hard work. I have played through about 12 missions of original of campaign now, and it seems pretty flawless to me. This is quite an achievement (I am a software professional and know how much work this is, especially for a volunteer team with real lives).

Congrats and thanks. Just sorry your work will be overshadowed by imminent ARMA2 release.

johnnyboy

p.s. This really brought back some good old feelings of being a grunt and exploring these islands...

(I am a software professional and know how much work this is, especially for a volunteer team with real lives).

Don't overestimate the RL of the core team members... :headscratch: ;)

Don't overestimate the RL of the core team members... :headscratch: ;)

Really?!

Then, considering that ArmA II seems to be out in a few stores in Germany, where's the CWR release for it?

:p

Really?!

Then, considering that ArmA II seems to be out in a few stores in Germany, where's the CWR release for it?

:p

When it's done. :)

It's actually a good question (where is the CWR release for ArmA 2), as it seems ArmA 2 is very backward-compatible with ArmA I mods. :) :)

It's actually a good question (where is the CWR release for ArmA 2), as it seems ArmA 2 is very backward-compatible with ArmA I mods. :) :)

Well, seeing as they pushed the release to get it into ArmA 1 anyway i'm pretty sure they'd like to take their time as this is the last of this line of products by BIS... So they've got all the time in the world and i would think they'd like to polish it all off with ArmA 2... plus most people aren't going to get their hands on the game for a little while longer.. so dont expect it very soon! :D

Hi, the CWR mode gets better if you use a little Mod that i don't know where i downloaded

it from, the .pbo it's called: ace_fx_environment.pbo and only requires the XEH Mod, it don't

seems to have any impact on the performance and with the volumetric fog... the OFP islands

are just great, some missions are even scary; if someone knows where it came from... say

it here to all, it deserves the try. Let's C ya

i remeber it came with Klurs island and the developer took it from Ace mod if i'm correct

Hi, bingo William1, i didn't remeber where did i had it from; i've found what i think that's a bug,

it's pressent on the RES models that use this boonie and i think that's also pressent on the default

RES soldiers (those luckless with a cap and the swiss camo) that i've seen interviewing in the

cutscenes talking:

CWR_Bug_01.jpg

It's on their mouth, in the center of the upper and bottom limp, is as they were glued in the

center and that's why they look so weird when they talk or when they change the face

expression; if it's not that... then i don't want to know "what the RES soldiers eat..." . Let's C ya

We are aware of that but haven't found a way to fix it yet. Poor guys... probably Guba did that to them. :rofl:

Can we drop the CWR 2 / ArmA2 discussion please. Once we started working on it you will be told. :)

@wipman

That bug has happened with CMCD's units, my units, and Jonny's units. (All of course basing off the same MLOD.) I believe it is a memory issue, but then again I could be wrong.

have anyone play CWR with FFN MOD,that should be very intresting.at last better then play OFP with old PLA MOD(with replacement).

Hi, i've never seen that bug on the Jonn's USMC v1.6 or army SF v1.1, and i've been using

'em as replacement in my default Mod folders, to play booth in SP & MP; i think that the

problem is with the selection of the mouth, that 1 pin or point of the mouth must be wrong

selected, doing that. But yeah, i don't know it for sure too. Let's C ya

In the BIS man MLOD there are two vertices (between the upper and lower lip) that are extremely close together. What has happened (it happened in the old version of Jonny's Marines too) is that when people merge the disparate parts of the BIS MLOD, usually by "merge near x" these points are also erroneously merged. Hence you get the bird look when the character speaks.

EDIT - The only way to fix this is to repaste the BIS mouth and merge it back on, or fix it manually. I did the former whenever I ran into trouble when model editing, since I blow hardcore chunks at UV mapping.

In Resistance Campaign-mission Contraband, where you have to meet the American boat on the beach.

The boat does not arrive on the beach. I can see booat in the distance, but it never responds to the red flares I fire.

Hi, the T80 don't show damage textures on the tracks and keep those low-qual display numbers

after be destroyed, the M-60 also shows the low-qual stars after be destroyed and don't allows

the player (as commander) to order the gunner to change the weapon (cannon/coax) or to

fire; it also haves a sound that really sucks in comparison with the sounds of that not CWR

addon, booth the M2 of the commander, the coax and the 105mm cannon; also the engine

and driving sounds are really poor and sound the same from inside than if you've the head

off the driver's hatch.

This is how the destroyed T80 looks like once destroyed:

CWR_Bug_02.jpg

It can be destroyed with a single LAW-72 in the turret, in the OFP it needed 3 to be destroyed

and 2 to make the crew bail out. Let's C ya

Not sure what can be done to make the numbers not readable once the tank has been destroyed. Tracks... dunno either, please keep in mind that we have almost no skilled texturers at all, the tank is like kenji delivered it to us.

Sounds are a problem everywhere it seems. :confused:

As for the damage values, we use the same values than in OFP everywhere. Why the result is different in ArmA... We'll see what we can fix and what not.

@Naser0311

I look into this now. Probably AI is too scared to get near the coast. :)

Edited by W0lle

Hi, another bug that i've found; it was in a CWR 1985 Campaign mission called: Pathfinder.

When the squad's grenadier switched (i guess) to the M203, the gun dissapeared and only

the M203 front leaf sight was show; like this:

CWR_Bug_03.jpg

May be a thing of the 2Nd or 3Rd M16A2-M203 LOD?, also if you aim through the M203 sight,

it don't works like in the ArmA (which is better) it works like in the OFP, it shows the FPV

as if you din't had pressend the BM2 to use the sights, i think that that's a bad point.

And... about the BMPs... i don't know, as i've been advancing, the BMPs now are taken

down with a single LAW-72 (the T80s too) so i don't know; the thing with the T80's tracks

i think that's a matter of the model, like the thing with the numbers... booth selections

are added to the model (i think) but not ordered (in the config) to use/show the damage

textures. But this is just a theory, im just a player, so i don't know anything about it. Let's C ya

W0lle do you know what is the best way to create mission intro?

I went to OFPEC site and there is a lot of on how to use "camera.sqs", but nothing on how to create mission intro's. I know about trigers in the editor but I dont like them.

I want to start building "Red Hammer" Campaign using your mod. It would be for my own shinanigens due to copyright laws :)

Also I am planing to use these addons for Soviet side:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1580 got to have the red star yagshamesh

And I might use thes because of my Bosnian heritage ;)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5750

thx

This just in http://forum.armedassault.info/lofiversion/index.php/t3136.html

Do I havent tried it yet. Do you think this is legit way of doing it?

Edited by Naser0311
new content

Fantastic work CWR team. It felt so much like original flashpoint that I found myself accidentally trying to use my old keyboard layout. Anyway, much appreciated for all your hard work and excellent results.

Cheers!

Hi, there's also a small bug with the Dan's M25 model that's taking the role of the M21, it's

the weird mapping of the scope's backwards inner part, not really important; but's there:

CWR_Bug_04.jpg

Is very pimp to shot again with the M21 OFP style, i love it. Let's C ya

New CWC Campaign version and fixed MP Missions available, see the first post for links. :)

The M21 thing, I guess that's something the original author needs to fix. :confused:

keep in mind that we have no skilled texturers at all

Aaaaarrrrrrgh! Why do you keep doing this to me?!