Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

what is that PMC fury campaign BTW?

was it loaded with CWR or did I download it somewhere else?

Fury's a lot of fun, more immersive in many ways then the original campaign. Each mission picks up where the last left off. You don't zip all over the island from one mission to the next, instead you gradually push the enemy back, and as you take over more of the island you actually spend some time traveling to the mission's hot spot.

Also, there's often sneaky surprises in some of the missions. For example there's one early mission where if you follow orders that are given in the briefing the mission will end up one way. If you react to something going on in the actual mission and don't follow those orders things end up quite differently. That and there's this nice pacing where you get these occasional truly epic battle.

Only thing it's missing is custom voice work, so make sure radio subtitles are turned on if you check it out.

Also the new fixed campaign files just mentioned, are they available to the public yet? I looked on the wiki page and couldn't find anywhere to download them.

I uploaded them last night to our ftp, but as I checked it today they were no more there. I guess Foxhound has stolen them so he can enjoy the new version alone. :cool:

Gonna upload one more time so they will be available with a little delay. Sorry for that. I post here again when the download is available.

This CWR is the best thing happened to Arma single player experience ever, but i have to wait for a sound mod. Those original sounds are pretty weak after Hi-fi sound mod. A real immersion killer if you will. ;)

This CWR is the best thing happened to Arma single player experience ever, but i have to wait for a sound mod. Those original sounds are pretty weak after Hi-fi sound mod. A real immersion killer if you will. ;)

You should be able to get a sound mod by ])rStrangelove. It's simple, yet in my opinion, is good. You can read more here.

You should be able to get a sound mod by ])rStrangelove. It's simple, yet in my opinion, is good. You can read more here.

Yeah i tried that and it's clearly better than original, but HiFi is even better.

is it possible to take voices and sounds from the OFP CD and use them in CWR? I don't like it when the volume of the voices goes high then drops,

Alright, new Campaign versions available now. Check the first post for download links.

Possible that the Resistance campaign has still bugs (or again), expect another version soon - sorry for that but the report came as the file was already uploaded. :confused:

CWC Campaign now contains the OFP "After Montignac" mission, as well as some other fixes and improvements.

Thanks for your interest and patience. :)

@Spetz

If you read one or two pages back, you would see that I already tried that and it didn't worked too well. There are errors about missing sounds if you do that.

Of course you can try but most probably you end up editing all campaign missions again.

There will be a HiFi soundmod for CWR at some time. :)

2 questions.

1. is it possible to transfer your progress from a previous version of a campaign to the new one.

2. is it possible to open the missions in the editor and mod them to use ace mod. I would like to try to do this to play using the ace stuff rather than the default gear.

Thanks for the updates, and this great mod off course.

@ th3flyboy

Don`t forget that CWC stands for Cold War Crisis, and the ACE stuff is at least mostly new hardware.

This is CWR, Cold War Rearmed.

1) No you must play the mission again, sorry. It might be possible that your savegames work with the new campaign versions but I can't guarantee you that.

If you want to be safe, keep playing the current campaign version you have.

2) You can do that if you want, however we provide no support for custom modifications. The ACE Mod, as all others, is not compatible with CWR and you end up with a lot of problems.

Please do not report bugs if you modify our configs or missions.

@Spetz

If you read one or two pages back, you would see that I already tried that and it didn't worked too well. There are errors about missing sounds if you do that.

Of course you can try but most probably you end up editing all campaign missions again.

There will be a HiFi soundmod for CWR at some time. :)

I thought there would a be copyright violation that why it wasn't possible, because it would be providing something outta OFP to person that doesn't own it,

I was wondering if there is any tool that will let me edit the campaign for my own use, the UNPBO tool won't extract the campaign file, is it possible to just rename each .ogg to the same as the ones used in CWR?

cpbo

extractpbo

eliteness

I thought there would a be copyright violation that why it wasn't possible, because it would be providing something outta OFP to person that doesn't own it,

The reason why we cannot distribute those sound files is because it is illegal. Why you may not be able to convert the campaign to use the original sound files is, among other reasons, because the media files are named differently.

Is there a bug tracker or some special thread to post bugs into? I spotted some for the Resistance campaign.

Thanks Luemmel for the missions!!! They're awesome! :)

PHEW! After reading 27 pages I'm not so sure I have the energy to type this post.

Mission 'voices'

as i understand it, it is not so much the 'voice' or the 'voice' quality you are mentioning, it is the voice 'phrases' that are missing.

As an example, the fact is, even if, the original phrase 'you're late armstrong' was provided, from ofp, there is nowhere in this mission (or campaign) where it is used!

we converted elite missions and campaigns for cwr rather than use the oiginal ofp missions and campaigns. Hindsight being that marvellous thing, we now know that was a mistake, but, at the time of what has turnned out to be a huge devel effort, we took path of least resistance.

What i am saying is, it's not just a question of providing (access to) a phrase.wss file, but inserting it in the mission itself so that it's useable. If there's no context (anymore) in the mission to 'say' "you're late armstrong" we would either have to

1) create one by re-writing the mission or

2) simply covert the original ofp mission. Duh!

oh and btw , Wolle mentions cpbo, my ego demands that i mention ExtractPbo as an alternative, since it, and it's sister MakePbo are what is used on the cwr devel site, so it probably works a little better. :cool:

Hi,

I have ARMA gold edition from ATARI.

I can't find instalation shortcut after I nstaled your mod.:confused:

My instalation path was:

C:\Programs\Atari\Arma

Later I found the mod folder in C:\Programs\Atari\Arma\Codemasters:confused:

Can somone please help me get this thing up and running.

THANK YOU for this wonderfull mod.:yay:

you have to make a shortcut yourself, it does not make one auto. Make a new shortcut, and put these lines in target line:

-nosplash -mod=@CWR.

So it will look like this in my case:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CWR

BTW edit the name of codemasters into @CWR.

Thanks a lot Sgt Gul. I got it to work.

For those who have Atari edition of Arma here is shortcut path.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=cwr

NOTE*

:j:Make sure you have space before every dash " -"

P.S.

I have been hard core fan of Operation Flashpoint since day one.

This damn mod me so happy I started crying. It brought a lot of good memories to me.:bounce3:

THANK YOU

Hi, in the mission after that one where the SGT takes you and other three men to make a

patrol by a wood, when you begin the mission (seeing the map) i get a "sound 04_orsomething"

not found error message, is the CWR_Campaign_v1.3 . And i insist, i think that will be better

if the weapons use the ArmA sounds instead OFP sound alike sounds, the M60 could use the

M240B sounds... for me replicate the low points of the OFP is not good, makes me lose

interest in play the Mod. Let's C ya

@EDIT: "Sound 04v1 Not Found" is the exact error message.

Edited by wipman

I Got the same sound error as wipman.

Question.

Is it posible to have Vilas M60 machinegun model instead one from OFP?

Thanks

I look into that mission thing (once again). :rolleyes:

Naser0311:

Why you ask us that? :p

Talented addonmaker gms is already working on a M60 machinegun for us, might just take a while until its delivered.

No everything was fine and I like how does M60 behaves in the game it's just that it has realy ugly model. It feels like going from ARMA to Super Mario in blink of an eye. Other than that this is the best mod that was made to date.

That sound in question gets played here with no problems, I exported the mission as SP one, please download and try it.

The soundfile should be played a few seconds after mission start and say:

"OK. Let's go. We'll rendezvous with Bravo and Charlie squads after seizing the village on the main crossroads."

I know the M60 hurts the eye, unfortunately we were not able to get something better in time. Same with the other rather ugly models.

three days siting and playing OFP and RES on Arma :D

ash to ash, dust to dust, but the memory remains :)))