Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

I'm very happy to have my Nogova back, however there are some issues I have with CWR that are requiring me modify some of my OFP missions that I've tried to port.

-The hind only seats 6 units in cargo now instead of 8 (this is not a minor issue)

-The original fortifications (Fortress 1 and Fortress 2) from OFP aren't present, ArmA ones are there instead. This means a lot of the fortifications in my missions need to be redesigned.

-The static M2 machinegun does not rotate 360 degrees as it did in OFP.

There might be more but these are what I've noticed so far. If you are aiming to make CWR 100% compatible with OFP missions these must be fixed.

On a side note, what's with some of the extra bits of road on Nogova now? They don't exactly break anything as far as I can tell for now (who knows though, maybe someone's old OFP missions depended on those roads not being there), but in my opinion these shouldn't be there since they weren't in the original.

RUDOLF

Please do not quote images.

Mr Burns

That's the face originally Angelina should have exclusively, it shouldn't be used with any other units. :confused:

KKB

The skill level of the AI is the same as in every other mission, too. Just that there are patrols everywhere in the AO. As far as I can tell the mission is the same as it was in OFP. Can reduce their skill level here too though.

Big Dawg

We prefer to have the bugs in our Bugtracker where it's easier to keep track of what's done and what not. :)

However we look into these issues.

Mark XIII

None of us can read minds I suppose. I never dealt much with any soundmod so I just haven't bothered to consider adding new sounds. And in the past weeks I had other problems than sounds. :D

KKB

The skill level of the AI is the same as in every other mission, too. Just that there are patrols everywhere in the AO. As far as I can tell the mission is the same as it was in OFP. Can reduce their skill level here too though.

No worries mate, it's cool, you're doing a great job :)

I just tried it in original OFP, and there is one thing I didn't take into account at all, grass! In OFP you can happily snipe away from the prone position, if you do that in Arma you don't see anything because the grass and other clutter is blocking your view. And once you stick your head out... :D

I wasn't too hot in OFP now either, so as I suspected I need more practice.

I'm playing the CWC Campaign and I can't get past the Camping mission :o

AI falls like flys (of course only my side), and me shortly after. It's a little ridiculous to see them watching every direction except the one the enemy is firing from (but thats an Arma thing ;) ). Maybe I'm too old for these games, it's been nearly 10 years and I'm over 30 now, but I don't remember this mission to be so hard. I guess it's a mix of AI being able to see more in the new engine and the old missions simply not designed to account for this and me being a little rusty :)

:

It took me about nine attempts to complete that mission. You can see the flaws in the ArmA AI, as they report the enemy location, but don't engage.

My team was getting shot in the back everytime they proceeded to the next waypoint.

what tool should i use to unpbo the missions? i tried everyone in the market but the mission.sqm appears encrypted in some kind of chinese-etruscan :icon_wink:

Use eliteness to de-rap the mission.sqm files.

In the newer version of eliteness it deraps on the fly during depbo.

W0lle

Mark XIII

None of us can read minds I suppose. I never dealt much with any soundmod so I just haven't bothered to consider adding new sounds. And in the past weeks I had other problems than sounds.

Yes, sorry mate I think it sorta came out wrong, I do know what your saying. You've done a great job in giving this to the community mate, so thanks coz I don't think I've actually said it. Anyways like I said, HiFi will be releasing a sound replacement module for CWR (runs seperate from CWR) as I totally understand your view point as regards to people fiddling around with the configs. Bugs are hassle enough in sound mods, I can only imagine what you guys have to look at...

I'll just say that this is awesome, thankyou and keep up the good work!

No problem at all mate, looking forward to see (and hear) your Mod. :)

Now that explains a lot, they are included however in the package. Download again and then follow the instructions on our Wiki page.

cwr2_editor is obsolete and is not included. Maybe some mission that still has it in the required addons list.

Yep it works now. Thx a lot.

And one more thing...what about putting the normal version of mission "Tank rallye"?? It su*ks when only two Abramses reach the Chapoi. :)) Normally we shouldn't have those patrols there. Looks like another shi*ty Elite version.

And also...there wasnt the mission where we have to seize the border zone (after the first mission as J. Gastovski) it simply jumped to mission "Pathfinder".

And one more thing...what about putting the normal version of mission "Tank rallye"?? It su*ks when only two Abramses reach the Chapoi. :)) Normally we shouldn't have those patrols there. Looks like another shi*ty Elite version.

They are not that bad, some are even harder than the originals. I don't make any promises, because each mission I replace means doing the same converting work again, editing the scripts, changing the skill levels etc.

And also...there wasnt the mission where we have to seize the border zone (after the first mission as J. Gastovski) it simply jumped to mission "Pathfinder".

Possible, in the Xbox Campaign are some missions missing for whatever reason. Unfortunately we can't simply add the OFP Missions because the voice samples are missing then (remember we can't use the OFP ones). And playing a mission without the voices and radio messages is even more stupid.

Hi all,

here are just my 2 cents. I have converted 14 good old OFP missions for the CWR mod, bundled in a mission pack. If the interest is strong enough, I will provide further packs. In case of any wishes please PM me.

Download

Bugs: Not known

Readme is included.

Content:

Missions:

Coops (Everon):

- Incursus

- Rifles of the IRA

- A Day in Hell

- A Day in Hell2

- Forrest Ambush

Coops (Malden)

- Die Gebirgsjaeger

- Alive

- Operation Grasshopper I

- Operation Grasshopper II

- Operation Grasshopper III

Coops (Nogova)

- Coop Mirov

Dearthmatch (Nogova)

- DM Kutchecks Petrovice

Capture the Flag (Everon)

- Gulf of Everon

Why can't i select Rahmadi while using CWR?

It's not selectable any longer...? Is this a bug or supposed to be like that?

W0lle, the bug I posted is real. I have taken screenshots:

Briefing before the mission starts; note, M4 and M4 Mag are both available for equipping. M4 and M4 Mags are in correct slots.

_m42.jpg

Immediately, the mission starts. No ammunition in counter; PC gives "Out of Ammo" statement.

_m43.jpg

Double-check. Indeed, M4 and "M4 Mag" in equipment.

_m44.jpg

Now, there is certainly *something* going on, yes?

Why can't i select Rahmadi while using CWR?

It's not selectable any longer...? Is this a bug or supposed to be like that?

This is because both Islands are called "Intro" in their configs. Nothing we can do here except renaming Desert Island to "CWR_Intro" which then breaks missions and is also against our 99% compatibility goal.

W0lle, the bug I posted is real. I have taken screenshots:

Briefing before the mission starts; note, M4 and M4 Mag are both available for equipping. M4 and M4 Mags are in correct slots....

Now, there is certainly *something* going on, yes?

That's probably because you are running another mod in combination with CWR.

That's probably because you are running another mod in combination with CWR.

Hm, I have a few; but they're vegetation and AI fixes. I'll eliminate them and report back.

I completely cleared my addons folder; the only "mod" running is Queen's Gambit, and there is still no compatible M4 ammunition. Tested with a West - Crewman in the editor with Desert Island.

Hm, I have a few; but they're vegetation and AI fixes. I'll eliminate them and report back.

How many times I said yet that if you reports bugs, make sure you have no other Mods running than CWR...

Most probably it's your soundmod which is trying to give the M4 their standard ArmA Magazine (30Rnd_556x45_Stanag) instead of the CWR one (M4).

The same problem we had a while back with Chammys Sound Mod, there it was the M16A4 which had no magazines.

If I checked these Missions because of your flippin' soundmod you fix the 58 MP mission on my todo list for me. :D

i'm having a problem with Nogova , when i'm in a forest in daytime , the vegetation ilumination begins to "turn on and off " , like if there were lightnings so to speak, depending on what direction are you looking , this happens continously , not only a couple of times. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Running exclusively CWR and patch 1.16

Edited by william1

How many times I said yet that if you reports bugs, make sure you have no other Mods running than CWR...

Most probably it's your soundmod which is trying to give the M4 their standard ArmA Magazine (30Rnd_556x45_Stanag) instead of the CWR one (M4).

The same problem we had a while back with Chammys Sound Mod, there it was the M16A4 which had no magazines.

If I checked these Missions because of your flippin' soundmod you fix the 58 MP mission on my todo list for me. :D

Cleared Queen's Gambit and lo and behold; M4's have bullets.

Very very very strange. Since no one else has reported the problem, I would say you shouldn't worry about it. I can always dePBO the thing and give crewmen and pilots M16s.

So it's caused by QG. Good we'll see if there is a solution but as said many times: Best is to run QG without any Mods at all.

@william1

Vegetation looks ok for me, checked a few forests now at different times.

Can you please report it at the bugtracker and provide the coordinates.

ok , added ticket . i checked again and it happens for example in location Dc-31, where there are tall bushes and short trees, the flicker don't happen in forest with tall trees but yes in the tall bushes in those forests

Remap rahmadi to a new class.