Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Just saw this release! Wow! I can't wait to download it [suddenly becomes overwhelmed by waves of nostalga]! Question: does it contain the mission that was in the demo? I think it was called 'Ambush'. I must have replayed that mission, literally, dozens of times - I think it was the most enjoyable SP mission I've ever played, probably because the realism and freedom of OFP was so revolutionary it just blew me away. Happy days!:D

Thank you for good mod!

I cannot extract CWR campaign. Where can I find a tool to decrypt it?

I often played that "escape" mission in editor. I added a rescue patrol to rescue me from the prison tent at the right time. Another variation was to put the ambush right there were the Uaz trip ended in the night.

Edited by Karhu
misspell

Just one question that was inside my mind for years:

Can this mod together with ArmA live up to the legend of OFP?(pls be honest here)

Too early to answer. Let's see how the thing evolve.

But IMO it surely helps to close the gap.

Question: does it contain the mission that was in the demo? I think it was called 'Ambush'. I must have replayed that mission, literally, dozens of times - I think it was the most enjoyable SP mission I've ever played, probably because the realism and freedom of OFP was so revolutionary it just blew me away. Happy days!:D

Yeah, it's there. Click on Missions, then double click on Orig... and select CWR Infantry. That's the mission in all it's CWR glory.

I'm actually fairly surprised at the moment. I've gotten up to the famous After Montignac and, despite the OFP:E Xbox down-grade of the mission, I decided to go back and check out Provins to see if all the stuff was still there. And it is. The infantry (along with the BMP) are still there, as is the "secret" UAZ and ammo crate. :eek:

06c64e59.jpg

@wipman

Really, for the sakes of humanity, lord Jesus and uncle Sam, cant you just use a more polite way to give your opinion regarding the rough edges in this beta release?

Edited by 4 IN 1

This is excellent news, as just recently I loaned my Flashpoint CD to a mate and he's gone on deployment, so I'm probably not likely to see it again!

Can't wait to get back to all my old haunts on Kolgujev!

Cheers guys!

Silly question, but does it still have the training mission?

W0lle: No I'm not using any other mods and I still have only RACS units there...and "rescue" mission doesnt work even with them.

And also i wanted to ask why many missions are different? For example mission Heavy Metal. I'm sure we were always starting near the base to rearm and then we joined the platoon and went to Lamentin. Now I'm supposed to play whole mission with one Abrams?

3rd mission with building a camp. Why we dont start in Morton? It's quite weird to start at the place where they attack the lieutenant in the next mission. :) But those are just details....only the RACS problem annoys me.

I haven't been able to download CWR yet, due to a shite internet connection.

Can someone please answer me this:

Does this release of CWR contain the epic flag-capturing-S&W-plinking-Skorpion-rattling-deathmatch-hybrid-of-awesomeness...

FLAGFIGHTGUNS?

Hi, 4 in 1, i don't see anything offensive in my way of report in, you should write my real way

of report in; you'll burn me in a fire inquisition "style".

Other bad thing that i see, it's the faces; the fact that i can't use my custom face or my

ArmA's original selected voice, ain't like it, other thing and more important that ain't like it too

is the hardware lag, with my dual core, 3Gb of ram and my 8800GTS, if i zoom a bit with

the M16A2 iron sights... then i think that the FPS fall down to between 21 and 14 FPS.

The famous quotes don't work, at least in spanish, the orders and subtittles work well,

but where should appear the famous quotes... appear the word: Spanish. At the left bottom

corner of the screen over the downside black bar. Do you have a spanish translation for

those famous quotes?, may be i could translate 'em if you give 'em to me in a text file. Let's C ya

Wolle, i'm getting a CTD whenever i try to open Winter Koljuyev in the editor , it seems there is one missing addon in the release ,"cwr_statics.pbo" . anyone else ?

:confused:

Hi W0lle and company I have a suggestion about the Cobra chopper, maybe you could ask the VTE mod to borrow theirs? Its almost the same chopper right anyways :) ( runs of to hiding from Wipman)

Hi, you don't need to hide from me Commando84, maybe my memory betrays me, but i didn't

remember that the Cobra was so basic, then i rotated the camera and seen that big square

where the engine exhaust rest... i though "DAMN!!! this was really like this!?" but that's all,

i know most of the pains that you can find when doing a (better) version of an old game and

well, ain't like the OFP's cobra, is very basic and i don't see it as a place holder. I just wanted

to give my opion to the CWR members. Now you can go back to your cave Commando84. Let's C ya

Im having the same issue as FANATIC172, racs troops are being shown instead of resistance troops, and also i cant play the CWR campaign after the mission after malden,

i also found i cant play the resistance campaign because it said, missing or deleted addon

resr_guer.pbo.

Great mod other wise, really enjoying playing the old days again. :D

After Monitganc gave me a nightmare back in the day. And I managed to do it a few different ways too.

Im having the same issue as FANATIC172, racs troops are being shown instead of resistance troops, and also i cant play the CWR campaign after the mission after malden,

i also found i cant play the resistance campaign because it said, missing or deleted addon

resr_guer.pbo.

Great mod other wise, really enjoying playing the old days again. :D

i have the same problem too :(

i think the installer may not work properly because i don't have that problem with the resistance units , but i have an addon missing that makes winter Koljuyev not to load

Edited by william1

The winter island error we know about. It will be fixed in the next patch.

The racs units, this is stumping us at the moment. Do you have any other mods running ? Like QG?

)rStrangelove;1286725']

What's really new is that situation awareness that you get when being fired upon in the woods. When patrolling around with Berghoff i instantly knew my old 'waypoints' and tried to use that to my advantage. However' date=' looks like the enemies choose their paths differently now (which is great), so i was surprised by some nasty AK bullets on my way. I heard a clean shot and several muffled ones, so i instantly knew they missed me when i disappeared behind a tree. I've never experienced that situation awareness in OpF due to the ArmA sound filters.

[/quote']

Haha! :D I had exactly the same problem. I played this mission so many times and was really suprised, why the enemy units weren't where they used to be :)

So much stuff to reply... OK let's see:

Maddmatt

Correct, in Resistance Guba was only an officer. I correct that. :o

-=UOE.Txalo=-

The "Rescue" missions works here, I played it again last night because I had to edit it. Can you check your RPT file for any errors?

That you have these RACS units is really strange, really have no idea at the Moment what the problem could be. :confused:

wipman

Believe me we tried hard to get a better Cobra ingame, same with the weapons. It's not that we like them.

I'm not sure about "your" missing voice file you have in ArmA, Mikero can answer that better.

Re. the quotes translation: If you want to translate them we can give you the stringtable file.

Law-Giver

We look into it.

Karhu

Cpbo for unpacking and Eliteness for unrapifying the mission.sqm.

Alternatively I can send you the mission

william1

Winter Kolgujev went fubar while packing, somehow the vegetation for it is missing.

This mod is amazing and does bring back the past but i was upset with the voices of the charitors having been changed :P apart from that 10/10 good job.

Also any chance we can get the Islands seporite, we would love to make a create thoundsands of missions on this islands without having the entire mod. ;) like the FDF island.

Anyways i cant wait to see this mod in Arma II ;)

This mod is amazing and does bring back the past but i was upset with the voices of the charitors having been changed :P apart from that 10/10 good job.

Also any chance we can get the Islands seporite, we would love to make a create thoundsands of missions on this islands without having the entire mod. ;) like the FDF island.

Anyways i cant wait to see this mod in Arma II ;)

It's always the voices it seems... Unfortunately there's not much we can do here. :(

Re. the islands, I knew that question arise sooner or later. We make a decision about this soon and then make an announcement.

The winter island error we know about. It will be fixed in the next patch.

The racs units, this is stumping us at the moment. Do you have any other mods running ? Like QG?

i have QG running yes, but will that make much of a difference ?

It's always the voices it seems... Unfortunately there's not much we can do here. :(

Re. the islands, I knew that question arise sooner or later. We make a decision about this soon and then make an announcement.

Dont get me wrong though the voice acting was outstanding very good quality :)

Regarding the Cobra, the model is a placeholder from OFP:E. It, a long with a few other models are being addressed currently. However, guarantees can not be made as to exactly when these projects will be finished. I am, however, quite excited.

Edited by Max Power