Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Congratulations to all involved. Can't wait to relive the glory days :)

I've been egerly awaiting this for a long time so thank you very much.

Why didnt you guys use original sounds from OFP (speech I mean, like capo in the beginign). Cobra from arma could be used too imo as well as sounds for vehicles/weapons. Otherwise, I love it.

There is no desktop shortcut. Use the cwr.bat file in the arma folder, or configure your cwr to work with any of your favorite effects mods.

Voices in the original OFP were property of Codemasters. The ones in CWR are directly from Elite. There is nothing we can do about this...

Why didnt you guys use original sounds from OFP (speech I mean, like capo in the beginign). Cobra from arma could be used too imo as well as sounds for vehicles/weapons. Otherwise, I love it.

We cannot use the original sounds because Codemasters has the copyright for them.

right now i heard the news ! absolutely amazing job , thank you guys :459:

:thumb:

Thank you so much guys... I just can't say why, but seeing the old OFP starting screen, the old menu and Desert Island brought back so many good memories! :D

It feels like a completly different game!

not again...

why does codemasters have to ruin something so great everytime...

because of "them" we are so limited :|

nevertheless, downloaded mod, but i'm too busy to instal and test it, i gues tommorow after university i'll be able to get back old ofp memories arma style. ;)

btw, ofp is still on my HDD, weighting 10,5Gbs with addons/mods, just waiting to be double clicked again :)

Standard military procedure for reinstaling windows:

Save files(including ofp missions/models/configs/edited stuff)->format c: ->instal windows-> update drivers-> instal ofp->instal resistance->move in place favorite mods->instal other software->...

So yeah, OFP is still living legend ;)

Thanx for that hard work!

Unfortunately the Resistance Campaign doesn't work:

crash.jpg

Crash to menu level follows...

:(

@Clause

W0lle posted earlier about this. Not sure if it's the same issue, but he talked about the resistance campaign needing fixed. We'll provide a fixed campaign soon.

Congratulations to CWR team, this is a huge project! :)

Absolutely awesome! Not to put in words how much this rocks...

It (the release) must have felt like and orgasm, which was hold back since a very long time and finally got its explosion :p :D

Anyone knows if it works with ACE-Mod?

Clausewitz

We were not able to reproduce the error message with the civilian shirt thing.

I placed all civilians in the editor and no error, also loaded all campaign missions again with no problem.

mr.g-c

You can try but I doubt it will work with the A.C.E. Mod :)

Infact we haven't tried CWR with any other Mods at all.

"We cannot use the original sounds because Codemasters has the copyright for them."

It is possible that B.I. elected to use different sound effects, but my ear seemed to confirm that several of those sound effects actually came from a sound effects collection made for the movie "Apocalypse Now". (I should know, as I ripped them.) They were purchased at considerable cost for the express purpose of use in OFP:CWC. The salesmen who sold them to me told me that they could be used for that purpose.

I don't know how Codemasters can claim a copyright for them.

And they can't claim a copyright for the code that makes up the campaign? If they can, then did you modify the campaign code in such a way that it was no longer their property(is such a thing even legally possible)? And if so, why did you include the Bizon, which wasn't even in the field during the Cold War? (Should have went with the AS Val or VSS Vintorez, though even those are a bit of a stretch. Suppressed AK's and/or Stechkin pistols would have probably been most realistic.)

I do want to say that your uniforms are the some of the most true to the Cold War U.S. Army that I've seen in any game.

It is possible that B.I. elected to use different sound effects, but my ear seemed to confirm that several of those sound effects actually came from a sound effects collection made for the movie "Apocalypse Now". (I should know, as I ripped them.) They were purchased at considerable cost for the express purpose of use in OFP:CWC. The salesmen who sold them to me told me that they could be used for that purpose.

I don't know how Codemasters can claim a copyright for them.

I don't want to discuss that at all. It was told to us that CM has the copyright for the voices and we decided to use the Xbox ones instead.

Later in the development we added some more voices from ArmA which are hidden and not used.

We decided not to mess with them and their lawyers because it's not worth any trouble.

And if so, why did you include the Bizon, which wasn't even in the field during the Cold War?
Because the Bizon was used in OFP. The goal of this Mod is to bring the original OFP back, not to make a hyper-realistic Cold War Mod. For that please see the Project 85 thread. :)
I do want to say that your uniforms are the some of the most true to the Cold War U.S. Army that I've seen in any game.

Guys this is insane, utter nostalgia. Just playing the campaign again makes me remember why OFP will go down in history as a historic, nah, game-changing PC game. Playing it all over again after all these years and in ArmA is bananas.

Thanks again to the CWR team.

EDIT:

Oh Jesus, and thanks to BIS for all the fun they've created through the years.

Please see the first post for a fixed Resistance Campaign file. Delete the old one and replace with CWR_resistance_V1_01.pbo

(...)

Edited by Andre
no more interest.

Great work with the mod, thanks for all the effort you all put in.

Just a few questions regarding the mod.

First: Is it possible to recruit some people who are willing to do voice-overs? (Native English speakers.)

Second: This question may have eben asked, but did U.S. Army Soldiers in the 1980's wear flags on their camoflauge uniforms?

We cannot use the original sounds because Codemasters has the copyright for them.

Third: Is it possible to provide a "tutorial" for people who have both OFP and ArmA to "transfer" the speech files to CWR? I was a bit disappointed when the dialogue scene at the radio in the first mission of CWC was cut out.

Four: Is the CWR team planning to work with Vilas and his Project '85 mod? He has some fairly good addons.

Again, great job with the mod and thanks for all the hard work that was put in.

Edited by Laqueesha

Only just seen this. Fabulous news - can't wait to get home and start downloading, in fact might have to sneak off from work early just so I can. Only hope I can get it running on the crappy system I'm currently using. Many, many thanks CWR team :)

Edited by norrin

First: Is it possible to recruit some people who are willing to do voice-overs? (Native English speakers.)

Might be a good idea for CWR 2.0, for ArmA and CWR 1 I doubt it's worth the effords.

Second: This question may have eben asked, but did U.S. Army Soldiers in the 1980's wear flags on their camoflauge uniforms?
Ebud made these guys, I'm sure he knew what he was doing. :D

In good old Flashpoint they had Flags on their uniforms.

Third: Is it possible to provide a "tutorial" for people who have both OFP and ArmA to "transfer" the speech files to CWR? I was a bit disappointed when the dialogue scene at the radio in the first mission of CWC was cut out.
That might be doable, basically you just extract the campaign files with cpbo for example. Same with the OFP campaign and then you delete the CWR sounds and replace them with the soundfiles from OFP. Same you do with the description.ext files for each mission.

However, something tells me it won't take long until the community comes up with a soundfiles replacement. Some might even work on it already. :D

Four: Is the CWR team planning to work with Vilas and his Project '85 mod? He has some fairly good addons.
You need to ask Vilas that, it was him who rejected our cooperation offer after the Demo has been released. The problem as I see it is that he doesn't want his realisitic models to be used with our "unrealistic" Mod. That's fine for me, after all it's his work and time.

Back then we would have appreciated a cooperation because CWR could have been released much faster and would look even better.

Edit: Please, no more Project'85 vs. CWR and Vilas vs. W0lle discussions here. We had that after the Demo release already and it's really pointless.

Edited by W0lle

I've put together my 6 favorite OFP coop missions into a pack. I did this for Elite as well. I'm not the author of any of these missions, but did have permission way back when I ported them over for Elite.

OFPEC Mission Depot

Enjoy..

THANK YOU !

Unfortunatly, I did not play OFP because I only discover BI work with ArmA.

So I am very enthusiast to play CWC reamred and get in OFP world and atmosphere...

Thank you very much for your mod gentlemen.

1 word-- Hope you brought a spare pair of underwear!:yay::j: It was that good :p

Congrats CWR team been waitin an watchin 4 this every step glad u guys got it done b4 A2 alls I can say is one heck of a way to kick off the impendeing release of ArmAII! Kudos!!

Great to finally see this released :D

Just played the first few missions of CWC. Berghoff looks different... he's white now :confused: He was a black guy in the original. But maybe this is how he was in OFP: Elite.

The OFP: Elite voice actors are mostly ok. Nice having some fresh actors. Some of them are not as good as the originals though.

There are some missions I don't recognise in the single missions. Were those from OFP: Elite?

Cool to see some community missions there too.

I hope to see this mod back in ArmA 2 :)

Just played the first few missions of CWC. Berghoff looks different... he's white now :confused: He was a black guy in the original. But maybe this is how he was in OFP: Elite.

:oh::blush:

I could swear I checked all faces in OFP... but yes he's black.

Thanks, fixed now.

There are some missions I don't recognise in the single missions. Were those from OFP: Elite?

Yes there are a couple of Missions that are converted from Elite: Sniper (Malden), Airport Raid (Nogova), Battlefields 2 (Nogova), Cleansweep 3 (Nogova) and Tank/Iron Horse (Malden). The latter is duplicate and one and the same Mission. Possible that some MP missions are Elite Ports too.

I have another community mission in the work folder but it's not fully tested yet.