Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

When and where can i get a boxed copy of arma 2 in the US??? i have searched everywhere and cant find any.

It's not out in the U.S., if you want a boxed version you're either going to have to order online from somewhere like GoGamer...or wait an indeterminate amount of time for it to arrive in stores.

you have searched for the box copy but didnt search for the answers already here via the search option?

It's not out in the U.S., if you want a boxed version you're either going to have to order online from somewhere like GoGamer...or wait an indeterminate amount of time for it to arrive in stores.

i got on a boat and went to europe and bought it from a german gamestop

How about this, wait for the patch that will fix the broken game and then I can assure you BIS will go in overdrive to insure they can get every little penny from you once there game isn't AS bugged. So patch 1.03 I'm guessing will be out about the same time as a US Launch in retail box set.

Probably explains the random set back from July 6th to the so called July 20th. Just download if your in a rush to play with all the bugs. Otherwise you will prob get it when it's worth playing and offers a lot less headaches.

Has ArmA 2 actually been released in the U.S. yet? I have tried to find it at Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop with no luck at all. Was it ever released? I have seen that it should have been released on the 7th, then I heard the 17th, and Amazon.com says the 20th. What should I believe? I simply want to get a hard copy of the U.S. 'GotGame' version.

I fear another ArmA nightmare coming on where I purchase multiple copies of the game in order to get the version I want (since I am NOT a fan of downloading my games).

EDIT: I have a copy that I got from Direct2Drive, but I am not happy with it (It is quite large, and I can't get it onto a DVD since my compression program doesn't seem to like it). So, I have the rather large game installed as well as an 8.4Gb file sitting on my desktop.

Edited by tsb247
More information added.

Just order the 505 version from GoGamer, nobody knows when the game will be in U.S. stores. There is no difference between the 505 and Got Game versions other than the logos on the box.

Edited by randir14

My local EB Games in Edmonton now lists a shelf date of July 22, which is the second push back (original date was July 10, then July 17).

It continues to flabergast me why it is SO difficult to get a title to market in North America. In the meantime this market continues to be marginalized by the previously released digital version and foreign boxed editions, which just worsens the sales of boxed titles in North America that causes many publishers to stay away from titles like this and perpetuates the seemingly relentless drive to digital/foreign only distribution.

There, I said it.

/me goes back to waiting, and waiting, and waiting... :P

Edited by KaBoNG

My local EB Games in Edmonton now lists a shelf date of July 22, which is the second push back (original date was July 10, then July 17).

Which one? The northside one here on 137th ave has no clue.

Which one? The northside one here on 137th ave has no clue.

Edmonton City Centre - talk to the manager, Justin. He knows all about it.

I just went ahead and ordered from Go-Gamer with Overnight shipping. After that it adds up to about the same price if I went to Best Buy. So, meh.

Can't wait to get the copy.

bestbuy/gamestop will not sell A2, please look at different shops.

:icon_ohmygod:

"Of course BB's going to have it, any reputable game's got shelf space at BB. And if they don't, walmart will."

So I checked BestBuy. It say's it's back ordered, and not on the shelves in at least two different regions. That's weird, is it a holdup with the distributor? Who's the manufacturer? "Got Game Entertainment". Who are they? Line up here. That explains a few things, I'll look for it instead at the 3-for-$5 pile at the freight salvage liquidators warehouse along with all the other dropped pallets of no-label stuff.

Also, Walmart.com doesn't show it either, only ArmA1/CO. More ominous clouds.

BestBuy, Walmart, Gamestop, these are the biggest retailers of video game boxes in the United States. They are not distributors or publishers, they just sell games that others put on their shelves. And right now - those boxes aren't making it to the shelves, and it's anyone's guess as to when it's going to sort itself out.

For what it's worth, strictly on shelf visibility alone, Atari's packaging of ArmA and CO *always* had prime shelf space right next to EA titles, and maintained upper-tier pricing. That has to account for something.

I still see ArmA and ArmA Gold on the shelves when I go to Best Buy and Target. I doubt we'll be seeing that with ArmA 2...I almost doubt we will even see ArmA 2 on shelves at all. Why did BIS ditch Atari and switch to this loser company...

^Probably better % of profit. Of course, that's excluding the fact that several major stores might not carry their game :p

wtf i was going to order it form GGE they have it on back order too lol

Hmmmm, maybe GotGame sold out the stock they had reserved for thier own retail sales. If that's the case, the first round of shipments should still be inbound to the retailers (makes you wonder how many copies are actually gonna hit the shelves in that initial order, though).

I've still only seen one person here post that they actually had their hands on a Got Game retail box.

Hi, I leave in North America. I have spent way to much time trying to locate Arma2 "dvd physical hard copy". Out of all the major electronics stores in north amarica, Best buy is the only store that has a listing(back ordered). They have not evan sold 1 copy to date. So i check'd "Got game intertainment"(official North America publisher) & found Arma2 is on back order from official North America publisher. 1 major electronics store in North America + Got game Publisher "back order" = Arma2 North America "fail"

July 07

July 17

now July 22nd?

WTF?

The publisher has everything to do with that. Not developer.

I got mine off nws online gaming store so I can enjoy it right now. Was 39.99 US$, wich ends up being less then what we usually pay for new games here in Canada...

Check it out :)

Yeah but EBgames also sucks donkey a**.

In Sweden they dont even want to sell ARMA2 becuase "it doesnt sell as good as other more profitable titles..."

got mine for like 45 CND, shipped from UK off ebay lolz