Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

Need more info.

Where are you located?

Do you want to buy the retail or Steam version?

Im located in the U.S Southern Central Time.

I might just go buy ArmA 2 in the UK website.

Looking for a digital download.

get it off of steam, im in oklahoma and will get the download at 6 today, i preordered it.

play the demo until then, learn to fly a chopper, it will get you by :) thats some hard shit!

I got a probelm though. It's blocking me out of the ArmA 2 page on steam because I entered the wrong birthdate, it says I cannot view the materals.... What do I do?

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

So what do I do?

Clear your cookies/cache, restart Steam, may need to restart your pc, then type in the new date.

The Steam release, if you want to download the game, is today 26th. Sometime tonight they will release the game, I believe in about 6 hours, so around 5pm EST, but don't hold me to that time, but it is tonight.

As for buying the DVD, you can wait or check the first post on this thread for links to sites you can buy now & get shipped a.s.a.p. without having to wait 2 more weeks.

I got a probelm though. It's blocking me out of the ArmA 2 page on steam because I entered the wrong birthdate, it says I cannot view the materals.... What do I do?

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

So what do I do?

Delete your browser cookies.

Thanks, it worked. I will pre-order it and play the demo until release.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

But before I go....

Please tell me the problem with the NVIDIA 9800 GT's and other video cards like it have been solved with ArmA 2. It was a real pain in ArmA.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Well?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Can anybody tell me?

also Direct2Drive releases today but dont know at what time i prefer it more than steam

I have a 9800 GTX+ absolutely no problems to report, not sure if that is what you wanted, but that's all the info I got. Then Demo should be a good bench mark for you on how your system will run A2, also check other threads on these forums for tweaks & performance suggestions.

also Direct2Drive releases today but dont know at what time i prefer it more than steam

So how does Direct2Drive work? Similar to Steam? Is it downloadable now (vs. Steam's 8pm EDT U.S. time)?

D2D is a download game site, not sure about the time factor, but I think that's only on Steam for some reason, I wouldn't think that D2D would be holding their stuff because of Steam.

D2D is a download game site, not sure about the time factor, but I think that's only on Steam for some reason, I wouldn't think that D2D would be holding their stuff because of Steam.

Well, what I meant was is it a situation where I could download it now and unlock later vs Steam where I paid for it 3 weeks ago but can't download it now because there is no pre-download before the unlock.

If I could get it downloaded now via Direct2Drive and unlock later (if that's even the case) I'd dump Steam in a second and get a refund.

This was my first experience with Steam and I'm severly disappointed with their customer service and service offerings in general.

omg finally... this makes the last three weeks of hell at work go away in an instant

When is the DVD Release in North America???

I keep seeing it for June 26 and now it appears only on Steam on the 26

and now I'm Seeing both July 6 and 7th.

Which is it?

Assume the worst. Its obnoxious, yes, but what can we do but wait and play the demo.

Or, you can buy the Download version which is exactly like the DVD in ever single way, except for the plastic disk and download now & forget all the extra wait time.

I like to have a non-electronic box, manual, and disk, thanks.

I'm too located in North America and waiting for the DVD disk. I bought ArmA1 on Metapoli last year and was very disapointed but the lesson was learned not to repeat it again. But I have one serious Question. My system XP SP3

Intel Quad core @ 2.66Ghz

4.00 GB of DDR3 Dual chan

XT1950 Radeon 512

When I play the demo, my FPS goes as low as 9 FPS. does my vidcard suck that bad? or is it something else? I'm upgrading to Radeon 4890 but my concern is that, could it be something other than the vidcard? and in the demo, they added the OPTION to turn off the post procesing thing so that was cool

Edited by killerwhale

I'm too located in North America and waiting for the DVD disk. I bought ArmA1 on Metapoli last year and was very disapointed but the lesson was learned not to repeat it again. But I have one serious Question. My system XP SP3

Intel Quad core @ 2.66Ghz

4.00 GB of DDR3 Dual chan

XT1950 Radeon 512

When I play the demo, my FPS goes as low as 9 FPS. does my vidcard suck that bad? or is it something else? I'm upgrading to Radeon 4890 but my concern is that, could it be something other than the vidcard? and in the demo, they added the OPTION to turn off the post procesing thing so that was cool

I think you should update your vid card... I have 4870 512mb and it runs great (DEMO version, still waiting for the retail)

my system:

C2Q Q9550(i think, the one with 2.83ghz)

asus ati 4870 DK

4gb ram

vista 64bit

run at 1280*1024 resolution

...XT1950 Radeon 512

When I play the demo, my FPS goes as low as 9 FPS....l

Turn off AF and AA, you should get a boost in performance. I have the same video card, but I hardly ever run AF or AA.

Also keep in mind that what many use to check FPS is Frapps, not sure if that is what you used, but it doesn't give the correct FPS, this reported by loads of ppl using it, looks like the ppl who make Frapps are going to have to update their software for ARAM2.

I like to have a non-electronic box, manual, and disk, thanks.

The manual, not sure what you get with the box edition, probably nothing more than just a "how to install" thing, what most A2 players use for really learning the game is the online "Tactics, Techniques & Procedures Guide" by Dslyecxi.

As for non-electronic box, unless your rig is running off a hamster & wheel, you box is electronic, unless your referring to manually placing the disk in the drive to "install" the contents of that disk onto your HD. The same contents which are on the Download version. Again, the only difference is that you hold a plastic disk, the info, which is electronic/digital, gets pulled off the disk and placed on your HD, once your done, you no longer need the disk.

Unless you have to reinstall of course, but you get the point. Both DVD & DL version have the same digital content, the only difference is the plastic disk that doesn't do anything after you done installing, but nether does the DL content.

But if your still not convinced, then please... continue to wait. I'm off to play some ARMA2 now.

Edited by TCEd

OMG Gamestop sucks! They had it ready for 29th of June, which is tomorrow, but now it says 7/7/2009! Aw come on, what the hell do I do now?!