Sign in to follow this  
HOPEnSPIRIT

Custom Face

I'm surprised there is no information on this as setting up your profile is one of the first things you do. After searching all the Offical locations and then the whole of the internet, I have been unable to find the information that I am looking for.

There are plenty of posts saying how to insert a custom face, but how do you make them?

The Default faces must be in the game somewhere, which PBO should be extracted to find them?

Is there any converting needed, and what program to use?

Why you couldnt find anything related?

on armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=19053#19053

at OFPEC:

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=345&game=ArmA

and here in BIS forum:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=51913

Guess there are more informations - next time you should use the advanced search techniques. ;)

Sorry but I have seen all this information, none of it answers what I am asking.

Again please read my post properly rather than just posting your own faces, I was hoping to start a thread that helps people make their own faces.

Again please read my post properly rather than just posting your own faces, I was hoping to start a thread that helps people make their own faces.

You haven't made it very clear what exactly you want. The resources NoRailgunner provided were a pretty good start in my opinion. Wipman's face templates and some example faces are all you should really need to get started.

Other than that, you'll obviously need a camera and some basic Photoshop skills if you want to get your own face into a face.jpg, but this forum isn't really the place for a Photoshop tutorial.

The Default faces must be in the game somewhere, which PBO should be extracted to find them?

I can't make it any clearer!

I can't make it any clearer!

Can't check right now because I'm not at home, but from memory I believe there is a PBO called character.pbo or something similar. It should contain all models and textures used by soldier/civ units, including faces. If memory serves, the faces have the word "xicht" in their filenames.

Quote your computer specification in you signature!

Did you get cPBO to extract files on Vista? I am having to use a pen drive and keep jumping in the front room that has XP on to extract very annoying.

Quote your computer specification in you signature!

Eh, no thanks. I made it lighter and added some line breaks. That should do.

Did you get cPBO to extract files on Vista?

Yup, works fine for me.

Checked through most of the paa files in Characters but there layout if different to multiplayer and therefore don't work.

Weird, I'm pretty sure I found them somewhere in there. It was a long time ago though...

Why are you looking for the original face textures anyway? Some of the faces made by other people are just as good.

I'm no expert I would find it harder to edit someones whos put camo everywhere.

Some are pretty good, like this one. There are surely some with no cammo on the arms too.