Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Should get it today mate (assuming yours was dispatched on the 3rd), I received mine about 15mins ago :)

spewing i'm still at work at the moment. the games probally waiting in my letterbox :(

To all those who pre-ordered from EB games in Australia, their website says that they will have it stocked on the 16th July (after bringing it forward from 20th August)...

BUT BUT BUT - OMG!

I rang them this morning (Fremantle, West Aus. store) and they had a few copies in this morning for those who pre-ordered!!! I ran in there and grabbed mine without a second to spare. They still have a few so if you pre-ordered and can't wait a few more days then go in right now!! I'd assume all EB stores in the area would be the same.

YAY!!!! - I'll see you guys in a few weeks - I'm about to go install!

:yay::yay:

Weird that the same company accepted pre-orders in Australia but in the U.S. canceled them and deleted the game from their system. Oh well, hopefully Best Buy will have it this week.

EB Games in Midland, Perth have it in stock and selling on the shelves for $99.95.

Mate actually got a call today and was told to come and pickup his game from EB Games in Melbourne, Chirnside.

I called Ringwood EB in Melbourne and they didnt have it.... what total BS! He is now playing while I'm reading forums ahhh...

Yapa

Happy to say I got mine from EB today! Now i've just gotta optimise my system so it plays OK :)

Wow CDWOW are doing much better now, i ordered 4 more copies of arma 2 on 12th of July and they dispatched it on 14th. Doing a good job now :)

It's sooooo good having my own boxed copy now. That smell of fresh DVD and manual inside the box that you guys talk about is definitely entrancing.

Im in United States, and am having the same problem...best buy/game stop etc...said they dont have them in stocks...its bumming me out :(

Mine was dispatched on 14 july

Wonder how long it takes from here.

I ordered on the 10th july

Im in United States, and am having the same problem...best buy/game stop etc...said they dont have them in stocks...its bumming me out :(

Please look at other shops, bestbuy/gamestop will not sell A2

Got a call today from EB games that my copy was ready for pickup! I guess EB are releasing them a bit early.... I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning.

Mate already got his, he says the manual is quite small... does the box version have a larger manual?

I bet Portugal will be the last place on earth to have it in shops..

The most known Portuguese shops don't even know about AmA2. :(

Just thought I'd have a quick rant about why I dont like Steam as much as I used to and why I decided to wait 2 weeks and buy the DVD box of ARMA2.

Just started up Steam and it automatically started downloading a Stalker:Clear Sky update.

I have yet to finish this game and being a hardcore Stalker fan I would rather stay on patch 1.5.8 rather than 1.5.10 which is the latest. I set stalker to "Do not automatically update this game" after getting 1.5.8.

So its quite annoying that Steam is ignoring this setting (this has happened for other games too) and downlaoding the patch.... I tried to stop it but coudlnt, and now my game is at 1.5.10!

Sometimes you may wish to have more control over patches etc... and this is why Steam fails imo.

Getting my DVD copy of ARMA2 tomorrow :)

Yapa

I don't think you guys understand, there is not a single store in the entire United States or Canada that has this game. Best Buy is the only store that has the game listed on their website. Nobody else has heard of it.

The only current way for Americans and Canadians to buy the game is to order the 505 version online.

I've also been hearing reports that people in Hong Kong have been able to buy the U.S. version in stores for over a week, what's up with that? Maybe Got Game screwed you guys over and decided to sell it in China instead of paying shipping costs to bring it to the U.S.

Edited by randir14

I don't think you guys understand, there is not a single store in the entire United States or Canada that has this game. Best Buy is the only store that has the game listed on their website. Nobody else has heard of it.

The only current way for Americans and Canadians to buy the game is to order the 505 version online.

I've also been hearing reports that people in Hong Kong have been able to buy the U.S. version in stores for over a week, what's up with that? Maybe Got Game screwed you guys over and decided to sell it in China instead of paying shipping costs to bring it to the U.S.

When I ordered my 505 copy from CDWOW it came from Hong Kong. So i doubt they are getting the U.S. version they are probably getting a 505 one.

@BIS: Not having it at best buy and gamestop is a bad option. I assume this is out your hands but those are two of the only stores around me that have games the other two being WalMart and Target. Other than that I haven't bought a game from anywhere else and I can't think of any other stores that carry games around me. So that is 50% of the stores I could buy games from and most of my friends get games from gamestop.

That could be, but someone on here said their friend bought the U.S. version in Hong Kong, then I saw this on the GameFAQs forum:

"I got the US version in Hong Kong 1.5 weeks ago without reservation, plenty of stock. Wow, shouldn't they take care of their own market first?"

Saw it at the Shelves at Local EBGames Store today, it was released today. $119.95 NZD for 505 Games Version, what a rip glad i paid $57.56 NZD for mine and got it early..

Sweet just got my 4 more extra copies today in mail :), took 3 days only from dispatch date! very fast indeed!

Sweet just got my 4 more extra copies today in mail :), took 3 days only from dispatch date! very fast indeed!

I got mine too, 505 UK

ordered 10th

dispatched 14th

and it arrived today in Sydney :)

I'm sure that this was answered somewhere but I've skimmed this entire thread (thank you, print mode!) but didn't see a definitive answer...

If I order the 505 version, will it work correctly (singleplayer, multiplayer, etc.) in the US? I'm pretty much fed up with Got Game Entertainment and the lack of a clearly defined release date. If the 505 version will work without issues, I figure I'll try either Amazon UK or NWS rather than keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting... ;)

Thanks!

I'm sure that this was answered somewhere but I've skimmed this entire thread (thank you, print mode!) but didn't see a definitive answer...

If I order the 505 version, will it work correctly (singleplayer, multiplayer, etc.) in the US? I'm pretty much fed up with Got Game Entertainment and the lack of a clearly defined release date. If the 505 version will work without issues, I figure I'll try either Amazon UK or NWS rather than keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting... ;)

Thanks!

Yes it will work of course on any pc and everything will be working, its just under a different publisher

Go to Best Buy. They have it.