Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

EB Games in Australia have just changed their website to show the new release date (16th July):

http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc/product.cfm?id=14822&refer=productsearch

Lets hope they have ordered enough copies so those of us who have pre-ordered will actually get a copy. :)

One word for all you preorders... "Steam"!

I live in the US and have had the US version 1.02 of the game since June

26th! It is worth the wait, but, why not just get it from Steam? If you right click on the game after it is downloaded, you have the manual in online PDF format, and you can back the game up to an archive (winzip, winrar) that you can save to a backup location, or burn to a disc, so you won't have to redownload it to reinstall that verison of it. Plus, it automatically stays up to date. Patches download and install as soon as they release. Cancel your hard copy preorders and get it from Steam, and join the carnage! Just a thought. Like I said, it's worth the wait.

*****BREAKING NEWS*****

E-mailed IDEA games, the company that represents BIS. I asked why the game wasn't out and where it would be available when it was. This is the response I got:

Dear customer,there were problems with transportation to shops, it should be in storesby end of week.

US : Best Buy

Amazon.com

Frys

J & R Music

Micro Center

Canada : Electronic Boutique

Best Buy Canada

London Drugs Canada

Walmart Canada

Regards,Lynx

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9412021&st=arma+2&type=product&id=1218100582966

Hooray!!

Edited by Armoredfury193

Yea last friday, i was really surprised that i recieved it just now, i was expecting to wait another 2-5 days till i would recieve it as they said that international shipping excluding the UK and US would take 7-10 days, but infact took 5 days for me to recieve my copy :) and im in New Zealand

My two copies arrived today too (cdwow)! Took 5 days from dispatch mail. So much quicker than expected....now I've just got to finish some work that I was hoping to get done before they arrived. :)

p.s I'm in Australia

One word for all you preorders... "Steam"!

I just love the fresh smell of a new game cover case

i need the real deal- DVD Cover

hmm interesting.. according to this http://lem.com.pl/gra.php?gid=727

ArmA 2 will be released in Poland....7th of AUGUST!! o.O

or is that 8th of July? don't quite understand the date form there're using:

Premiera w Polsce: 2009-08-07

either ways.. good thing i bought the german version way back..

Guys just order it from CDWOW, Cheap Boxed Version and comes with free fast shipping. What are you guys waiting for?

I ordered from www.play.com on June 19th, and received it today July 9th!!! None of my local stores have it yet (norway), although they was supposed to be there last week. The reason for my delay with www.play.com was they forgot to put the company name with the address, even though it was specified with the order. So the pickup note has been sent back and forth to several companies within the building!

If ordering using a co. company where the company shares the same address with other companies, be sure to stress that they have to put the company name with the address, or else end up waiting several weeks like myself.

I love and hate Steam.. recently I hated it because of Stalker:Clear Sky... the patches for Stalker were released for the DVD and Digital Download version but the Steam version always was about 3 or 4 weeks behind.

Now 3 or 4 weeks is a LONG time when your waiting for that important patch which fixes a game breaking bug. Yes this is not fully Steams fault as GSC should provide them with a patch... BUT to the end customer (me) the Steam system fails because I dont have a patch.

So Steam should really setup a different system where the developers are required to provide Steam with a patch in a timely manner else they lose some of the % from the sales or get penalised...

So now with ARMA2 which is a game that does require a lot of patches... I'm reluctant to purchase from Steam and will not. I'd rather wait a month than purchase from steam.

However with a game such as "Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood" I did purchase it from Steam because its a short game that is very well optimised and I've almost finished it... no patches rquired and onces its done I'll not play it again.

ARMA2 is a long term game so Id rather have patches available as soon as their released.

Also with Steam there are other shortfalls. For example, some games have problems with mods... or mods dont always work!

And patching... you can stop the game from patching but I have found in the past that sometimes Steam forces you to patch the game!

Yapa

Good points there Yapab.

Personally for me it's just a preferance. Like I bought the Original OFP in 2001 when Steam and digital downloads were yet to be introduced to the world, I purchased the Retail version of ArmA 2 abroad (should arrive next week).

DVD, Manual, good smell, and no need to download it all over again if for whatever (impossible) reason, the game gets deleted. maybe I'm just old-school, but I like getting all that. Steam is great though, for games that are tougher to get in Retail, like Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, etc.

Good points there Yapab.

Personally for me it's just a preferance. Like I bought the Original OFP in 2001 when Steam and digital downloads were yet to be introduced to the world, I purchased the Retail version of ArmA 2 abroad (should arrive next week).

DVD, Manual, good smell, and no need to download it all over again if for whatever (impossible) reason, the game gets deleted. maybe I'm just old-school, but I like getting all that. Steam is great though, for games that are tougher to get in Retail, like Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, etc.

i so agree, i love the smell of a hardcopy

6 days until I can smell my pre-ordered hard copy. :)

...assuming everything goes to schedule with EB's proclaimed release day of July 16th in australia... :confused:

My cdwow copy arrived today, Australia. It really does smell! So ive got 2 copies now, happy BIS? Can i get mypatch before the others?!

I ordered mine earlier today from CDWOW.com.au Hope i get it soon.

I'm from Aus

Edited by vasmkd

Got my 505 copy today. Finally, Arma2 in english! :)

Gotta say Amazon are pretty fast. Ordered on wednesday from Amazon.co.uk, got here a few hours ago.

I haven't received my copy from CDWOW yet :(

I live in the states and just got mine about a half hour ago from CDWOW so it should be soon.

got my great smelling copy today from GAME.co.uk.

game still hasn't showed up in my country, and I can assure you people are waiting for it. I wonder what's the hold-up.

i just ordered 4 more copies of arma 2 to sell off over here since most people cant get here in stores. Hopefully could get some people introduced to it

still waiting for my 2 copies of arma (CD WoW) for me and a mate, I'm in Perth :(

Should get it today mate (assuming yours was dispatched on the 3rd), I received mine about 15mins ago :)

Should get it today mate (assuming yours was dispatched on the 3rd), I received mine about 15mins ago :)

All that waiting and it's pretty much the Aus release date anyway, atleast it was cheaper. =/