Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Should be now.

Link in OP doesn't work anymore. The sticky version is useless with 37 pages of user posts. arma2.com doesn't mention this anywhere. Seriously guys, I shouldn't have to trawl through the forums to find this info.

Where can I buy the downloadable english/european version?

I've got to know why America is getting the last shipment date on July 7th. :butbut: Is there any difference besides the local language and writing changes..? Well I guess voices would need to be changed to English, (I just hope its not the same crappy edited voices as have been in ArmA), but it shouldn't take a whole month to progress this. I mean come on this game is based on the US military, only makes sense to release it in America first...

:edit:

You know what forget it, I just found out that the game has already been ready for US shipment; they are just taking their time... Darn International laws.

Edited by CrazyAce

You think that's bad. The Australian version is due in august, hence why I ordered online

not just August but late August...

=+(

edit: hmm do us assies like dogs?

Edited by dogz
addition

Link in OP doesn't work anymore. The sticky version is useless with 37 pages of user posts. arma2.com doesn't mention this anywhere. Seriously guys, I shouldn't have to trawl through the forums to find this info.

Where can I buy the downloadable english/european version?

And you don't: : ArmA2: The OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Err except for the fact that deleting 23 posts within that thread seems to have deleted it, nice :(

Sounds about right. I just hope they ordered more than ten fricken copies in the their first batch. Otherwise we're gonna be waiting a long time and my video card's getting older by the second. ;)

Like you I pre-ordered mine from CDWOW on the 16th...it's still 'Pending dispatch'.

Ordered mine on 30th April from CDwow Australia, notified that it has indeed shipped on the 22nd June, hanging out for it any day now.....

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

can anyone confirm on whats happening with cdwow australia and new zealand shipment for arma 2? it seems some of the americans ive talked to who ordered from cdwow have had their shipment sent. But us in australia and new zealand still are on pending dispatch??

See my last post, some in AU are being shipped. As others have suggested I think the earlier pre-orders go out first as they don't have enough stock to fulfil all orders in one hit. I find that a little odd seeing that they are pre-orders so they should be able to cover 90+% of the orders.

Ordered mine on 30th April from CDwow Australia, notified that it has indeed shipped on the 22nd June, hanging out for it any day now.....

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

See my last post, some in AU are being shipped. As others have suggested I think the earlier pre-orders go out first as they don't have enough stock to fulfil all orders in one hit. I find that a little odd seeing that they are pre-orders so they should be able to cover 90+% of the orders.

I Hope so :)

Christ.. How long does it take for me to get ArmA 2 from Play.com?! It's been a week since I ordered this game and it's still haven't arrived.

I sure hope this is a common problem to non-UK buyers at Play.com, otherwise I need to call it a loss to Play.com and have them send me another copy. And I bet that will take another week... :banghead:

To be on topic:

It's not until now that Norwegian stores have recived ArmA 2. So far I know only of one store, Spaceworld, that has it.

Edited by colossus

As others have suggested I think the earlier pre-orders go out first as they don't have enough stock to fulfil all orders in one hit.

Yeh, my mate e-mailed them, they replied that they're sending out copies as soon as they receive them, earliest orders first. Fail @ me for ordering on the 16th.

edit: them = cdwow

Good on you Dogtags! This is what I got from CD Wow today:

We have experienced a delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as stock is received on this date, we will process your order for despatch and notify you by email that this has occurred.

Once we have confirmed the dispatch of this item to you by email, please allow up to 7-10 working days for delivery.

I ordered on 10 June.

Standard postage is usually 7-10 days.. ok, maybe it's meant to be less to Europe (1 week), but I wouldn't worry too much til after 10 days, and most companies won't consider it "lost in post" until after 4 weeks.

On a side note, still "pending dispatch" from CDWOW (AU)

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I honestly feel a little sorry for CDWOW. I know 10 others that have ordered Arma 2 from CDWOW and all of them have cancelled their orders and gone elsewhere. As for me, I'm the kinda guy who sits in a traffic jamming thinking "nah, it'll get better any second now"

Christ.. How long does it take for me to get ArmA 2 from Play.com?! It's been a week since I ordered this game and it's still haven't arrived.

I sure hope this is a common problem to non-UK buyers at Play.com, otherwise I need to call it a loss to Play.com and have them send me another copy. And I bet that will take another week... :banghead:

To be on topic:

It's not until now that Norwegian stores have recived ArmA 2. So far I know only of one store, Spaceworld, that has it.

I feel ur pain m8, me and CarlGustaffa in the same jam. We have also ordered from play.com, it was sent on the 18jun, and i thought it would take 3-5 days..but abroad from Uk it can take 7-10 days :( so looks like i wont be playing it just yet :/

I gave my German DL version to a friend of mine after playing it for 5 days, becouse it hought i would have the hard copy today or so :(

To be on topic:

UK-Scandinavia is usually 7-10 week days.

UK-Scandinavia is usually 7-10 week days.

I sure hope you are not pulling my leg here. It takes me 2 hours by plane to get from my town to Stansted Airport for pete's sake :pet5:

i have the same probleme from play.com.

its the last time i order on this shop. really bad service, and i think they lied last week (17th) when they said it was on stock.

I sure hope you are not pulling my leg here. It takes me 2 hours by plane to get from my town to Stansted Airport for pete's sake :pet5:

Sadly package delivery isn't quite as simple as that as you well know ;)

I asked and complained to CDWOW on when i will be recieving my copy of arma 2 and how come it has been on pending dispatch.

Here is what i sent them:

Hi I am wondering on what is going on with my preorder copy of ArmA 2 Order Number *********, the game has been released in the 19th of June and so far its been 5 days and its the 24th of June, Its still on pending dispatch and it seems some others who have ordered have had theirs dispatched earlier or have been waiting too long aswell. I would like more information on when will i be expecting my order to be dispatched?? Kind Regards Victor

Here is the email/reply i recieved:

Hi Victor,

Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in despatching this item "Windows - ARMA II: Armed Assault ".

We have experienced a delay in receiving the above product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch. As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email.

The good news is that we have designed our system to ensure that your order will not be held up while we wait for any out of stock item to become available. We ship what we can, as soon as we can in an effort to deliver the fastest possible service to you. Thereby, as soon as the above item comes into stock, it will be despatched to you - same day.

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Keith | Customer Services Representative

CD WOW!

So Hopefully they are still recieving more stock everyday, i can wait, i really would of hoped they should of recieved all the copies in a day or so and sent them out.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Yeh, my mate e-mailed them, they replied that they're sending out copies as soon as they receive them, earliest orders first. Fail @ me for ordering on the 16th.

edit: them = cdwow

Yeah i should of preordered earlier but at least i got a 10% discount on that day i ordered on 12th of June. Guess we will have to wait and see..

I also preordered from CDWOW on the 12th, and I wasn't seriously expecting to receive it on the 19th but perhaps a week later.

I'll start to get upset by the end of next week.

BTW, I think 'delay' means they didn't order enough copies to begin with and with the US release this week, getting the 2nd shipment promptly is going to be difficult. They don't have a crystal-ball so I don't really blame them... just as long as it gets delivered in a respectable time frame... which is 10working days in my books.

Doesn't stop me from checking every day but :)

One of my friends that worked for EBGames Australia was telling me that they always had to call up pre-order customers to tell them that they wouldn't be receiving their game on the release date due to the manufacturer not supplying them with enough copies. That's one of the main reasons why he quit.

It's not the best process in the world but there's always a break down between supply and demand due to time restraints, and in most cases it's not anyone's fault, it's just never going to be that efficient a system.

At least that's in most cases. There's one manufacturer that I won't mention the name of here, but they always have problem dealings with Australian retailers due to them confirming that they will supply enough copies of a game only for those companies to receive emails on release day saying "We are sorry but we realised more important games stores needed a few more copies to sell, so you'll be waiting another 2 weeks, good luck with those happy customers"

OK, maybe that wasn't word for word, but you get the idea.

I also preordered from CDWOW on the 12th, and I wasn't seriously expecting to receive it on the 19th but perhaps a week later.

I'll start to get upset by the end of next week.

BTW, I think 'delay' means they didn't order enough copies to begin with and with the US release this week, getting the 2nd shipment promptly is going to be difficult. They don't have a crystal-ball so I don't really blame them... just as long as it gets delivered in a respectable time frame... which is 10working days in my books.

Doesn't stop me from checking every day but :)

i didnt say i was expecting it on the 24th i was expecting it to be dispatched on 19th and recieving it by 26th-29th..

Sadly package delivery isn't quite as simple as that as you well know ;)

Indeed. Especially with Norway when your package might spend 3 days during customs clearance just sitting on a table.

So colossus, I'm in the same situation as you are. The package could arrive today or tomorrow though.

Edited by rickrush

You know a game's gonna be good when:

- There's 10+ pages of speculation regarding package arrival dates.

- Orders are canceled so you can get the game one week earlier.

- Your F5 key is worn out.

- Reading the "order shipped" e-mail is comparable to a kid on Christmas morning.

- You've made tech support staff resign because they're sick of answering "is it here yet?" e-mails.

- You've spent the last 10 minutes posting a list of rea.... oh wait.