Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Preorder price alert! £17.95 -4%Quidco at Zavvi

That's half the price of the Steam version. Bargain.

£36.99 - Steam are having a laugh! You'd have to try real hard to find a more extortionate price!:j:

Anyone found it cheaper in the UK?

P

steam are crap anyway for non-valve games, when BIS release an update steam wont have it downloading for at least a day, they are bloody useless...

and i thought zavvi went into administration..... XD

I preorder my UK version from Shopto.net they say if they dont recieve it by the release date you will refunded £3.00. £25 +free shipping.

edit : cancels and get from zavi :D

Edited by Curious

Preorder price alert! £17.95 at Zavvi

Right, I'm going to order from a company that is already in administration and has numerous creditors

Thanks, but I'll stick to Amazon :)

Edited by Pave Low

Right, I'm going to order from a company that is already in administration and has numerous creditors

Thanks, but I'll stick to Amazon :)

I don't think that will effect their online shop....anyway am taking this 'risk'.

You should be OK, seems "the Hut Group" bought the website from the creditors last month and relaunched it as a separate entity.

although I do see they ship Games (& CD's/DVD's) from the Channel Islands, so you might have to wait a few days longer for it to arrive

Please remember to add postal time (3-5 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.

I've gone with Zavvi, I'm paying as little as I can given the fact that it has motion blur which may make it unplayable for me I don't want to waste money even if I do have to wait a few days more.

Yay Game have updated the release date :) I actually phone them up to tell them yesterday!! :)

Yes they have. I have now recieved an email comfirming my pre order will be available from GAME , on the 19th June. :yay:

Yes they have. I have now recieved an email comfirming my pre order will be available from GAME , on the 19th June. :yay:

You forgot the "Praise be to Silentkiller" :P I wonder whether they would have realised their error if I hadn't phoned them?

They seemed adament that the 26th was the release date until I pointed out that they had written an article with the 19th of june on their website!!

You forgot the "Praise be to Silentkiller" :P I wonder whether they would have realised their error if I hadn't phoned them?

They seemed adament that the 26th was the release date until I pointed out that they had written an article with the 19th of june on their website!!

Yes nice one mate.

GAME are pretty good with pre orders too. Most of the time, the games I have pre ordered from them have arrived on the release date or a day before.

Be aware that GAME updated the release date before and then changed it BACK to 26th. Fingers crossed for you that they keep it at the 19th this time. Personally, I cancelled my GAME order and went for Amazon.co.uk.

I have a question if anyone is preordering from CDWOW and if you know if they dispatch their copies before release date so it arrives on the release date? or do they ship it after so say i get it a week after release date?

I wanna order my copy from here http://www.cdwow.co.nz/games/Windows/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/product/view/9017405 as its very cheap $61.99, at retail cost me $99.99

Are they Reliable?

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

lol CDwow put their price up to match Steam, (sif link an NZ site, in actual fact the AU site has lowered it's price to $48.95 AUD) and sry no idea if they are reliable, but I can tell you that it will be an EU version in english imported here, if you care.

Edited by Trauma.au

I just received an email from CDWOW that the release date of ARMA2 has changed from 26/6/2009 to 19/6/2009...

Hope everything will be well

sweet! 19/06/09 :) but don't we have to wait a week for it to arrive after it releases? cause of shipping?

Americas Army 3 comes out on 17th and Arma 2 comes out on 19th, sheesh.

Good thing university exams finish on the 16th for me =D.

sweet! 19/06/09 :) but don't we have to wait a week for it to arrive after it releases? cause of shipping?

yes I would believe so. but either way, it should arrive sooner rather than later... I hope

I believe that CDWOW do not dispatch early or so i have been told.

I believe that CDWOW do not dispatch early or so i have been told.

what I meant by earlier is:

instead of the release date is 26/6, so i would have received it on july to be able to play it.

but the release ise 19/6, so i will receive it around 30/6. hence, 'earlier' (30/6) instead of 'later' (july)

not meaning earlier than 19/6.