Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

I think ill wait for the full release with english sound

Like SNR posted looks like CDWOW is the way to go for that price! ordering this week!

get back to whirlpool mate :)

Let's stick to the topic please, this forum isn't for cyber Aussie flirting.

He wasn't saying the 'cdwow' was the german version, it's the english version :)

http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/Windows/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/product/view/9017405

Just had another look at it and it writes

* Rating: 18

* Encoding: To Be Confirmed

* Developer: 505 GAMES

* Network Enable: Yes

* Format: DVD - Plastic

* No of Discs: 1

* Platform: Windows

So ye it cant be the german version

Yeh, gotta be on a round piece of plastic, not doin this "download" crap where the publisher gets to make all the rules ....... and then change them later as they see fit.

Lies! ;)

As opposed to what... DVD - Organic? :confused:

Just had another look at it and it writes

* Rating: 18

* Encoding: To Be Confirmed

* Network Enable: Yes

* No of Discs: 1

* Platform: Windows

So ye it cant be the german version

He wasn't saying the 'cdwow' was the german version, it's the english version :)

http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/Windows/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/product/view/9017405

Also note you can change the country of origin, top right hand corner

Aussie Servers HERE

Edited by SnR

Lies! ;)

As opposed to what... DVD - Organic? :confused:

As opposed to Digitial Distribution via highspeed internet, or in Australia at least Digital Distribution via crappy slow boredband ;)

see now I'm tempted to go for the download here http://petergames.de/Armed-Assault-2.48.0.html?L=1

Actually just doing a quick currency conversion, maybe I'll hold off the German release it's gonna cost like A$89.00

Prices are all over the place on this release same game from the UK will cost $55.00 to my door and thats being posted from the UK.

I'll use my UK contacts and get the 505 version, unless Cdwow can guarantee a date.

Southy

Edited by Eble

Although 505 did mention a Steam release on Twitter, has the date for that release been confirmed? I would prefer to get the game from Steam than anywhere else...

- dRb

One word... Hardcopy :)

It's hard copy or no copy for me. I would buy from the UK as EB will slug us $90 or more anyway. Maybe the UK version is the go. I am sure I will get my moneys with whichever way I go.

Hope to hear more on an available date shortly for us Aussies.:bounce3:

Ta

Frosty

I was just in EB at Cairns and asked about release date, he said June 9th after looking in pc. He is waiting for it too so he knows the game. No need to get from UK.

I was just in EB at Cairns and asked about release date, he said June 9th after looking in pc. He is waiting for it too so he knows the game. No need to get from UK.

I do hope your right :)

I'll hold off buying the UK version for s few weeks hopefully the local EB stores will have a better idea then.

Looks like im going to end up with a second copy then;) fingers crossed.

Ps theres a few Aussies here that i have never seen on before on Aussie servers ?

Please dont tell me you play overseas, because with Arma II we want all Aussies back on home soil:yay:

Aussie Servers HERE

Edited by SnR
Added Aussie Servers Link

Long time Lurker first time poster!

anyway, hope the 9th of June is correct. been waiting for this game like many others for a long time. i have no interest in the cost or how i get it (d/l or DVD) i just want it :)

off topic: ive been playing Arma1 for a while now, but i never jumped online because none of my mates play and wasnt sure which aussie server was for me.. any tips would be great!

cheers.

Long time Lurker first time poster!

anyway, hope the 9th of June is correct. been waiting for this game like many others for a long time. i have no interest in the cost or how i get it (d/l or DVD) i just want it :)

off topic: ive been playing Arma1 for a while now, but i never jumped online because none of my mates play and wasnt sure which aussie server was for me.. any tips would be great!

cheers.

I think you would find any of aussie servers suitable mate, it's a mature atmosphere, I've never seen anyone cheating and anyone not playing the game correctly is soon dumped from the servers.

add voice comms (optional) and it adds a whole new level to the game.

Nice bunch of guys.

Best bet is to fire up arma1 and go join a server, just shout out from the start you are new to online play and you'll be forgiven a lot and also get heaps of advice.

Most (not all) aussie servers are running patch 1.16 and Ace 1.08 (soon to be 1.09) GSA and OGN also have 1.16 patched servers running standard arma1.

Give it a go, online coop adds a whole new element to this game.

Southy

Did EB have a price?

I've been looking into CDWOW, its so tempting since its like half the price of what we will pay in the game retail stores.

I guess since its imported and all, it wont have all the aussie classifications tuff on it? like MA15+ and all that but it will the the euro version.

I dont really buy games online, apart from digital download... but i prefer a hard copy.

I just keep thinking the game box and all will be in bad condition and wont be all shiny and new lookin like in retail stores.

Poor things been imported from the other side of the world !!! =(