Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Yeah "Free" delivery definitly does. The only place I had a good experience with free delivery from was amazon I think when I bought my xbox 360 and it arrived 2 days later.

CDWOW: Order Date: June 14; Dispatch Date: TBA

So you ordered from CDWOW also? guess you and me have to wait and find out :/, hope CDWOW does'nt delay it for too long, i can probably give it another week till they dispatch before i decide to get a refund

something about the 505 release:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2755833/Enven_rant_ArmA_2_Demo_NWS_Imp.html#Post2755833

basically this what the NWS Online guy have to say

Thanks for the support Enven and good chatting with you by phone.

We will be recieving our next batch of AA2 by Friday (earliest) or Monday (latest) - we were due to recieve more today but our USA contacts (we have more then one) was told by 505 they would not arrive until the middle of next week so we are using our direct supplier from overseas of who we are in contact with on a daily basis.

The problem is simple, the publisher of AA2, 505, is having trouble keeping up with demand so shipments are trickling over here to the USA. We are ordering the game as fast as we can get them and no other retailers here in the USA will have them any sooner according to our latest information.

Anyone is welcome to call or email us at anytime. As soon as our next batch arrives they will ship out immediately by me personaly.

nws-online@nws-online.net or 1-407-925-7782 24/7 <-Goes to me.

Thanks.

Christopher Dean

NWS Online Gaming Store

http://www.nws-online.net

Director of Operations

Christopher Dean

NWS Online Gaming Store

Director of Operations

http://www.nws-online.net

so i guess this is a 'worldwide' problem? ARMA2 is a hit?

edit: btw, the Enven guy is not me

hope CDWOW does'nt delay it for too long, i can probably give it another week till they dispatch before i decide to get a refund

Likewise.

1 more week and I'm looking elsewhere!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2755833/Enven_rant_ArmA_2_Demo_NWS_Imp.html#Post2755833

Hmm if what your saying is true, i believe you, i guess the game the game is such in high demand that its hard to keep up with for 505. Guess alot of the stores are having trouble so im not sure. Guess i will have to wait.. maybe guess its not CDWOW's fault in the end.. but i just hope they can try to dispatch the new stock they recieve as soon as possible i don't want to be waiting more than a week and finding my order is still on pending dispatch

Yep, just like high school, sure we can get that fat ugly $10 first person shooter, but we want the unattainable sexy popular one.

BTW, for those that get confused as to why Aus/NZ people don't just download the game, in our section of the world we get charged heavily per download, whereas places like US usually get charged per speed/bandwidth (and for anyone confused, no, even though ISP's will tell you so, bandwidth is not a download limit)

So, we get stuck with plans like 20gb for AU$50 per month (about US$45). Fortunately for me, being a network engineer in a big household, I know how to get the best for cheap :)

Anyways, I'm sure we'll catch up (at least Australia will) once they finish the fibre optics to each household plan... in about 8-10 years.

I emailed them again for the 3rd time regarding this issue

here is my email:

Hello

Could you please tell me when are you most likely to get more stock? Is it possible my order will be dispatched within max of 7 days? I know you do not have a dispatch date yet but could you give me a rough estimate of when i should see my order dispatched.

Im hesitating to get a refund even though Ive been waiting for almost 2 weeks,while im still holding onto my patience and while i understand there is an issue with your supplier. I know ive asked about this issue twice already, i can wait another week until it gets dispatched, is it possible you will can get it dispatched by another week? Do you know when you should recieve your new stock?

However it would be more comforting for me to know more about the issue, otherwise i do not know what is going on with my order.

Thank You

there response:

Hi *****,

Thank you for contacting CDWOW. We are sorry for delay in dispatching this order.

After having received the order we have to depend on our suppliers for supply of any item. Ship dates advised by them are not guaranteed. These are mere estimation and we cannot guarantee delivery of any item according to these dates.

Unfortunately we have experienced a further delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are still awaiting information from them. However I have forwarded your e-mail to our warehouse to check shipping status of this item and I will get back to you shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this delay, and thank you for your understanding and patience - we appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Lisa | Customer Services Representative

CD WOW!

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Yep, just like high school, sure we can get that fat ugly $10 first person shooter, but we want the unattainable sexy popular one.

BTW, for those that get confused as to why Aus/NZ people don't just download the game, in our section of the world we get charged heavily per download, whereas places like US usually get charged per speed/bandwidth (and for anyone confused, no, even though ISP's will tell you so, bandwidth is not a download limit)

So, we get stuck with plans like 20gb for AU$50 per month (about US$45). Fortunately for me, being a network engineer in a big household, I know how to get the best for cheap :)

Anyways, I'm sure we'll catch up (at least Australia will) once they finish the fibre optics to each household plan... in about 8-10 years.

lol 8-10 years is a long time, lol hopefully i won't be living here in NZ after 6-8 more years before i decide to move to a country with good internet service while still maintaining a safe environment and good climate.

damn i hate bandwidth caps! i have to measure how much i am using everyday and check the bandwidth usage meter, its so painful!

We're looking into the possibility of adding a Sprocket download mirror onto Bigpond Gamearena, can't promise anything right now but I hope this is something we can do.

We're looking into the possibility of adding a Sprocket download mirror onto Bigpond Gamearena, can't promise anything right now but I hope this is something we can do.

Hehe, I just used 8gb of my 25gb Bigpond monthly allowance on the Steam version the other night.

While it won't effect me, the effort is really appreciated Placebo :)

*edit* Also for those who want to know, the thing that makes our AUS/NZ download caps unbearable is that most major ISP's count Download AND Upload as part of your allowance. It used to be only Bigpond that did it, but most ISP's are slowly following suite. :(

I only get 3gb a month :mad: so downloading isnt a option for me.

505 seemed to drop the ball of this one

16th July confirmed our end for Australia.

Waiting on an updated list for all 505 regions including SA/SK etc.

oh thanks for the info Mr_Centipede I ordered from them on the 30th i was wondering why they don't have any statues or tracking number on my order (to Canada BTW).

16th July confirmed our end for Australia.

Thanks for your efforts Placebo.

I still havent received my copy from CDWOW, been on order for weeks. Luckily i caved in on an impulse buy and bought the nexway version. hmm i dont need 2 copies.

Another reply on the issue i recieved from them as they promised :) :

Hi ******,

Thanks for your e-mail message.

I can confirm that this should be sent in the next few days as we are expecting our supply shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused to you on this occasion.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don’t hesitate to get back to us.

Kind Regards

Mark | Customer Services Representative

oh my god finally finally! just on the day i finished my school holidays :)

DISPATCH NOTIFICATION

Dear ********* *******,

We are pleased to confirm that your item has been shipped by CD WOW!

The details of this shipment are:

Order No: *******

Product: ARMA II: Armed Assault

Product code: 9017405

Dispatched to:

Warmest regards,

CD WOW! Customer Service

support@cd-wow.com

I ordered on the 12th of June , So dispatched on 3rd of July lol, oh well guess the wait was worth it. Anyone else who ordered from cdwow after June 5th-6th had theres dispatched yet?

Anyways i hopefully should get it by end of next week and just have another week in the holidays to play it :)

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

Dito, CDWOW dispatched mine also within the past hour. Ordered on June 8th.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

They just sent me mine too. Ordered June 14/15.

I've checked about 15 stores and malls and couple of Finnish online stores too. But I haven't seen the game yet :confused: It is sold out everywhere.

I've been told that there is some kind of problems with 505 Games and I have to wait maybe 2-3 weeks to get it, maybe a month. And that is just a wild guess. Nobody seems to know when 505 Games is going to get the game next time to the dealers here in Finland.

:yay: Hmm. Maybe I should save the money for OFPDR :yay:

And no, I won't download the game. I want a decent retail DVD package.

I'm hoping this will not be the situation that noobysnipa described in the US. I'll be honest and say that I'd just rather walk into the store and buy the box/dvd version of the game.

I'm hoping this will not be the situation that noobysnipa described in the US. I'll be honest and say that I'd just rather walk into the store and buy the box/dvd version of the game.

see, I'm lazy, I want someone to knock at my door and hand it to me. ;)

I checked my local game store and they dont have ArmA II on their release list at all, when will ArmA II be released downunder in stores?

Thanks,

Rico

Yeah, so far I have called several stores, Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, Fry's, Gamestop, non of them have ArmA2 listed in there soon to come list of PC games. And it's funny that I was able to find an Operation Flashpoint PC game in Target when it came out, i think it was the GOTY edition too.

Starting to think this game isn't even going to be released in the U.S. The game isn't listed anywhere, vanishes off Gamestop's list out of nowhere with no explanation, the publisher won't respond to emails. Will we Americans be stuck with Battlefield 3...er..I mean Operation Flashpoint 2?