Sign in to follow this  
rstratton

question?

is it possible to put missile proxies on a land vehicle? i took a 5 ton truck and stripped the bed off of it and put a ciws gun system on the back. i am using stinger missiles. everything works fine even the missile proxies work.but when i fire a missile it comes off of the launcher and takes an immediate 90 degree turn to the left :confused:

I haven't used weapon proxies in land vehicles because, I remember it was mentioned somewhere that proxy weapons work (properly) only in aircraft (or helos). The reason why exactly 90 degrees left is that the proxy missiles are turned 90 degrees right in the model.

If you are still trying to make it work, make sure you have set it right. You should (iirc) use the normal model (no 'proxy' in the name), not the proxy version as a proxy in the O2 model. Also...I think you have to make a vehicle version of the Stinger. The current version is a portable launcher. That might cause some hickups otherwise.

If that doesn't work you can make it in another way too...

well at first the proxies were 90 degrees off so i moved them but the missile still takes a left turn