Sign in to follow this  
FallujahMedic -FM-

Possible theft of BI Intellectual Property

I was listening to the radio and I swore I heard music from OFP/OFP:R. Someone might want to listen to the first 30 seconds of The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch. If its not an out and out theft, they sure sampled the hell out of it. I bought the CD afterwards and I swear it sounds darn close!

Are you serious? That sounds nothing like any OFP track. The music scene is full of actual and direct rips/homages from other songs and they rarely if ever are even considered for a legal case. Would you really want to take away a metal band's savings because of something so petty? Even if the song had OFP music in it, would it have hurt BIS in any way?

What song are you comparing that to? I don't recognize it, but then again I only played the OFP demo and then Arma.

I only bring it up because I though someone should be aware of it, that is all.

I have been a loyal customer of BI since Operation Flashpoint was first released. In fact I have purchased OFP, OFP: Red hammer and OFP: resistance TWICE, because I lost my first set of discs. Then I purchased Arma:Gold.

I purchased 2 new computers to play these games, so I guess you could say I have near $6,000.00 invested in BI.

If someone were to rip a .p3d model and sell it on turbosquid or somewhere, I'm sure BI would have something to say about it.

It's about loyalty and honesty. Historian Stephen Ambrose got busted when he was caught "lifting other peoples work", why should this be any different?

I'll search for the track on all my discs. Like I said, "I swore I heard music from OFP/OFP:R"

I don't hear it myself. Can you isolate the bit that's from OFP?

In that clip they give you 29 seconds, but its not THE first 30 seconds I was referring to. Maybe someone from BI, who knows all the music in the games could listen to it. Again, I said possible.

I hear what you mean, but if you hasn't said so i would have never noticed. It's just not the same.

EDIT: At least i vaguely recognize the tune, it doesn't ring an OFP bell like the crash/birdsounds you hear in movies once in a while which apparently use the same soundpack as OFP or something. :D

Edited by NeMeSiS

Yeah, or the gun sounds. The AR's in the matrix sound like the ak74 in ArmA. You can really hear it in the lobbey fight. I think there are some sounds in We Were Soldiers that are ArmA / OFP esque aswell.

are there people who actually care about this kind of stuff? here we talk about the game... omg... mature community the say...

... omg... mature community the say...

That's rich coming from Mr "rockets of bullshit". Your comment is the only immature one in this thread.

Anyway, how about saying which song and how far into this song it is so we know what to look for? Which OFP track?

Unless it's a direct rip I don't think there will be any problem with it. Most likely BIS wont care anyway :)

Edited by Maddmatt

are there people who actually care about this kind of stuff? here we talk about the game... omg... mature community the say...

Are you asking about whether there are people who care about intellectual property rights, or care about noticing the same source samples in different works of media such as different movies and games?

Maturity went out the window years ago :rolleyes:

Are you asking about whether there are people who care about intellectual property rights, or care about noticing the same source samples in different works of media such as different movies and games?

BI would have read this topic, if it needs legal action they know what to do, tbh the topic is now over anything else said is just spam.

Thanks for the report, if you have further information please send directly to me :)