Sign in to follow this  
That guy

Random gear on men

Hello

I am trying to make a small COOP mission on klurs island for the purposes of slaughtering the undead, however, i have run into a couple small problems that have got me hung up. i hope some of you guys can help me out.

as i note I have NO programming abilities, the extent of my knowledge is adding variables and tweaking things, which i figured out fro a little trial and error :(

As a base i am using a lot of scripts out of the QUARANTINE mission (thanks to whom ever made that mission)

hang up number one:

i have tweaked the boxArm.sqs from Q to get rid of the random placement in buildings. the script works fine for the ammo boxes however i would like to extend that functionality to people, specifically the zombies (add random bits of gear). this is what the script looks like:

? !isServer: exit

~random 30

_Weapons=(left out to save space)

_ammo=(left out to save space)

_box=_this select 0

_stagtime=boxarmtime

boxarmtime=boxarmtime+10

#start

~0.5

~_stagtime

_box setdir random 360;

_ranselect= round random 9

~1

randomam= _ammo select _ranselect

randomwep=_Weapons select _ranselect

_box addmagazinecargo [randomam,random 4];box addweaponcargo [randomwep,1];

box=_box

publicVariable "box"

publicVariable "randomam"

publicVariable "randomwep"

exit

i have tried removing the lines related to weapons (as i dont want the Z to have them), but no gear spawns. do i have to rename the variable from "box" to "man" or something?

also having to do with the above script, i would like to drastically lower the probability of a weapon spawning in the crates. i changed the [randomwep] from 1 to .5, but that seemed to stop weapons from spawning at all (or it wrk WAY to well)

another problem i am having is with syntax. i am also using the FLARERED (medkits) scripts from Q

i add: this addaction [""Use Medkit"",""healaction.sqs""] to the player units but i get an error. i copied this directly from the mission.sqm from Q so i am not sure what is missing. arma tells me i am missing a "]" . i have tryed moving some stuff around, and adding things like "exec" but nothing is catching

my final hurtle is not such a big problem (haven't even reached this stage yet). its more of a future question

for the mission players will be stranded in the north of klurs with out a map (ACE). they need to find one so that they can return to safety in the south (they find it on a Z or in a crate somewhere).

i want the mission to update once they have found the map. the editing guide does not exactly say how to go about doing this. at least not directly enough for me to figure it out :o

thanks for your help

_box addmagazinecargo [randomam,random 4];box addweaponcargo [randomwep,1];

to

_box addmagazine randomam;_box addmagazine randomam;_box addmagazine randomam;_box addmagazine randomam;_box addweapon randomwep

These lines are useless imho.

box=_box

publicVariable "box"

publicVariable "randomam"

publicVariable "randomwep"

Make the double quotes single in the command you have trouble with, they're used as such only when they are inside another quote.

About the map: showMap true

Edited by Celery

well i dont really know what those lines are needed for (they look important to me)

the reason i was not doing the addmag addweap was to give more variability and randomness

the script randomly takes one of the item listed in the _Weapons= and _ammo= and give a box between 0 and 4 magazines and 0 and 1 weapons each time the mission starts

maybe i did not make that too apparent my first post, sorry

well i dont really know what those lines are needed for (they look important to me)

the reason i was not doing the addmag addweap was to give more variability and randomness

the script randomly takes one of the item listed in the _Weapons= and _ammo= and give a box between 0 and 4 magazines and 0 and 1 weapons each time the mission starts

maybe i did not make that too apparent my first post, sorry

I'm pretty sure that the [randomam,random 4] array doesn't work outside the cargo variant and you can't give stuff to people using the cargo command. If you absolutely need random 4 mags, here's the script to put right above the addweapon line:

_loop=0

_mags=ceil random 4

#magloop

?_loop>=_mags:goto "magend"

_box addmagazine randomam;_loop=_loop+1

goto "magloop"

#magend

By using ceil random 4 there will always be at least one mag for the guy but if you don't like that idea, replace ceil with round.

thanks celery. now i just need to figure out what you meant by "above the addweapon line".

like i said i am not a coder.

i am guessing i have to add this script into the one i already posted? its not a tottaly new script right?

thanks

? !isServer: exit

_Weapons=(left out to save space)

_ammo=(left out to save space)

_box=_this select 0

_ranselect= round random 9

_randomam= _ammo select _ranselect

_randomwep=_Weapons select _ranselect

_loop=0

_mags=ceil random 4

#magloop

?_loop>=_mags:goto "magend"

_box addmagazine _randomam;_loop=_loop+1

goto "magloop"

#magend

_box addweapon _randomwep

exit

thank you very much Celery! it works well!

now i just need to get; __this addaction [""Use Medkit"",""healaction.sqs""]

to work and i am golden

thank you very much Celery! it works well!

now i just need to get; __this addaction [""Use Medkit"",""healaction.sqs""]

to work and i am golden

this addaction ["Use Medkit","healaction.sqs"]