Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience - final alpha

im still asking myself why u name ur release a alpha when its the most complete vietnam mod availlable at the time.

Few people have told me that, I'm glad that you and the rest of them are feeling like that... but dunno really. At least this way there is absolutely no false hyping for this mod being anything else than it is.

pls give the ppl a chance to discover ur mod and name it exactly what it is

Well we could of course use the version numbering "as is".

a alpha implies that the mod has almost nothing but a early release experiment while in fact it is an awsome build.

True, VTE ArmA version has been under constant development since early 2006 if I recall correctly, its been through so many versions (internal and public ones) that its indeed very much developed package. I guess anyone can look our changelog and just be bored to death reading all the fixes, changes and improvements we have done.

Ur mod has been to me de facto the most convenient way to get some idea what the machinery and warfare looked back then, and no other full priced NAM' pc game could display the vast terrain anyway as huge and free to fully utilize the feeling of being there. The amount of content to play with has been one mayor point and terrains have all the elements of vietnam countryside. Thought A1 dont support jungle nature yet as well some other games the next instalment should do it better. With some more work going on this mod series I hope to see A2 version getting just bigger and better.

first of all i want to thank you for your great work. vte is really the best nam-mod i've played since seb nam pack 2.

anyhow i have some problems with your mod.

- while playing, i hear no radio messages like "2 is down"

- and second, i hardly hear the noise of planes and helicopters

thanks for your help, and keep up the good work.

Edited by Kweli

another question: i want the mortars to fire at a specific location. how can I achieve this?

Unfortunately there is no fancy artillery scripts in ArmA VTE which could be used with our mortars. You can use them just by approximation, adjust your aim by looking where the shells land.

Sorry but that's how it runs in ArmA VTE.

Sorry man ..

I read on pmc forum that you are going to release another version of VTE . Would you please insert the opportunity to reactivate the radio chatter ?

Thanks man & good work

p.s. I played a lot vte for ofp and for arma too, is there the possiblity to have again the f100 super sabre ?? Bye

hello snakeman, is there any news for vte ?

are u working on vte 2?

how about opening a discussion thread in arma2 forums?

i hope you did not quit vte 2 we cant wait to see ANY news for vte 2.

perhaps u can make at least vte final to work with CAA1, that would be great too.

greetings from germany

I read on pmc forum that you are going to release another version of VTE .

Yes, final release for ArmA.

Would you please insert the opportunity to reactivate the radio chatter ?

Long story short; no.

is there the possiblity to have again the f100 super sabre ?

I was thinking about it, but not sure.

Would you find any use for it, I mean really use and enjoyment in missions?

hello snakeman, is there any news for vte ?

Well, no, no other news than the usual development diary you can read in official forum.

are u working on vte 2?

There is no such thing, there will be no such thing.

how about opening a discussion thread in arma2 forums?

Hmm sounds so lame to open topic when you don't have much to say especially with the recent feedback I've been getting on PMC releases. Nice to open empty topic.

i hope you did not quit vte 2 we cant wait to see ANY news for vte 2.

As I just said before, there is no "vte 2", no such thing. There is VTE which will be developed for ArmA 2.

I'll highly recommend you check the official VTE forum for additional details, you will be amazed what you can read there.

perhaps u can make at least vte final to work with CAA1

I see no reason to do something like that as I'm jumping pretty much straight from the final ArmA release into first full ArmA 2 release development.

As I just said before, there is no "vte 2", no such thing. There is VTE which will be developed for ArmA 2.

aslong we can have vte on arma2 i dont care how you name your baby, you can name it "vte first not even a real alpha 0,0001" :)

(but it would be better not, just for the record)

Hmm sounds so lame to open topic when you don't have much to say especially with the recent feedback I've been getting on PMC releases. Nice to open empty topic.

cant say much about other releases, bcause i for myself am only interested in ww2 mods and vte so i never spent much time in forums were there is no news about ww2 mods or your awsome vte mod.

the only reasons im going to arma1 forums is bcause i hope to get here news for arma2 projects but it would be better if ppl could find arma2 news in the apropriate forums.

i believe most ppl dont ever visit arma1 forums bcause alot ppl never even played arma1 and started straight with arma2.

news for the arma2 forums could be for example what islands,what kind of units , screenshots if there are any no matter what u post as wip the ppl will be glad to hear about a vietnam mod they never heared of before.

it would be enough if ppl who are interested in vte for arma2 could have a place in bis forums where they can have a frequent quick look if there are any news in the development.

dont expect ppl to start searching elsewhere if something happens for a mod.

for most ppl nothing else than bis forums exists.

however good to hear that you didnt abandoned your awsome mod:)

I'm not here (re)naming anything, you are :)

Development now continues on ArmA version as I got the ArmA 2 preview out the door, actually I'm very relaxed now as I don't have to worry about the preview anymore. I have already done good progress and have excellent stuff planned. No matter if anyone plays ArmA anymore, but the last release of VTE for ArmA will be really nice one.

If anyone wants to help me by modeling or texturing, please get in touch as that help would carry on into ArmA 2 and naturally would be greatly appreciated.

VTE in DevHeaven

Please report all bugs and issues into the DH project page.

The final ArmA release is under development and good progress has already been made. The DH project page is empty at the time of posting this, I'm not sure if its bit cheesy for me to add all the fixed issues there or not. But I'll surely update the tickets you guys create, if I've already fixed the issue at hand.

Would anyone be interested of some public beta testing of the upcoming next VTE release for ArmA (which will be our last, before we move to ArmA 2)?

Well, better late than never maybe, but I'd like to as well.

How do you make the jets attack ground targets? Also do the mortars work? I can't even fire the mortars....