TrackIR or FreeTrack

fi you have head-tracking, which do you use  

113 members have voted

1. 1. fi you have head-tracking, which do you use

• TrackIR user count
    • FreeTrack user count
    • Other method user count
    • I don't use head tracking

Let's see how head-tracking is distributed amongst ArmA players.

If you've got one of these, add your vote.

Edited by Placebo

I would really like to see both coexist, like in ArmA, that's my wish.

I'm lazy so I have TrackIR, but I really hope BI will create support for freetrack as well.

In the end, it is the same thing, and headtracking has done wonders for my immersion in Armed Assault.

Edited by sparks50

Deleted the inflammatory comment from the first post. Also moved to ArmA General as it's about what you use, which obviously doesn't cover ArmA2 with it not being out.

Edited by Placebo

Just ordered TrackIR5 Pro, so... added myself to the list. :)

Freetrack for me, thank you very much. TrackIr is excellent, there's no way around that, but it's about time NP gets competition. We don't use one single brand of joysticks or keyboards either. This intercommunity bitching is what I don't get. If someone is happy to pay 160€ for the head-tracking, not my problem. If another one wants the same for less, go ahead. The ability to choose is what counts.

Edited by Fincuan

I too would like to see both (all) supported, preferably by an industry standard API. Being on a fixed income with limited disposable finances, freetrack is my choice. Off the the FT forums to spam the creators into contacting BI ;) .

Let's see how head-tracking is distributed amongst ArmA players.

If you've got one of these, add your vote.

If you really want to see how head tracking is distributed amongst Arma players, there should also be a "I don't use head-tracking devices" option.

It's simple. Freetrack is cheaper, but Trackir is better.

TrackIR 3 with 6DoF enhancement.

It's worth pointing out that Freetrack is piggybacking on the efforts of Naturalpoint's TrackIR software. It's a little bit like asking what do you play, ArmA or ACE?

There should be a standard for head tracking devices software like with keyboards, mouses etc. NP did not invent IR tracking for gaming, they only commercialized it.

Edited by sparks50

Erm I'm the only one out of 62 people who doesn't use head-tracking?

I'm doing it wrong...:computer:

"In my point of view" this Poll is useless it should have been done before the PR Offensive of Naturalpoint. If i would have had my hands on a copy of ArmA2 and offered a Free Track Setup for less then 50$(50€) this poll would look the other way around but don´t ask for it its not my business i only want to be able to use Free Track in ArmA and ArmA 2.

Still good to see that every 3rd headtracking User is a DIY Free Tracker.

I'm a TrackIR 2 user since many years (yea, a bit old but works perfectly fine in 2 DOF) so my question/concern is.... can we TrackIR 1 & 2 users still use them in ArmA II?

/KC

I'm a TrackIR 2 user since many years (yea, a bit old but works perfectly fine in 2 DOF) so my question/concern is.... can we TrackIR 1 & 2 users still use them in ArmA II?

/KC

2 DOF? Does it work better than free look? :smash:

I was #50 in the poll for TIR user, but I did try the FreeTrack awhile back.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

"In my point of view" this Poll is useless it should have been done before the PR Offensive of Naturalpoint. If i would have had my hands on a copy of ArmA2 and offered a Free Track Setup for less then 50$(50€) this poll would look the other way around but don´t ask for it its not my business i only want to be able to use Free Track in ArmA and ArmA 2.

Still good to see that every 3rd headtracking User is a DIY Free Tracker.

The poll is useless for a variety of reasons, but whatever. Blame it on whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, though, nobody's stopping you. :)

It shows at least how many people use head tracking systems in ArmA ;)

Think that everyone like to have a choice between head tracking devices eg using different soundcards, graphics cards etc.

Added.

What's the point of having, "I don't use head tracking", in pool directed to those who use it?

Excuse me placebo, but I don't see a point in putting a option to vote, when people who doesn't use any tracking equipment will probably never even look at this thread.

That was not the intent of the original poster and it's well explicit in the title of the pool. If there is someone who should change the pool it's him and no other person, along with the title.

/KC

From what I understand, the new encrypted interface is not compatible with TrackIR 1 & 2. So you will need at least a TrackIR 3 for ArmA2.

Hi all,

Don't use headtracking (yet), but got interested by the Dslyecxi video.

...and therefore reading this thread for info/feedback (thus finding this thread useful).

Not a fan of waving the creditcard over the internet, so if i'll be buying it, it would

be in a store in the Netherlands, would be nice to have the discount also though.

Sometime after Arma 2 release i'll probably have to check another radiobutton in this poll :)

Cheers,

Jelle.

I don't see a point in putting a option to vote, when people who doesn't use any tracking equipment will probably never even look at this thread.

I see 12 votes so far that disagree with you.......

Maybe another option to plan on using head tracking. I dont have one now but I plan on getting TIR when ArmA2 comes out.

Maybe another option to plan on using head tracking. I dont have one now but I plan on getting TIR when ArmA2 comes out.

I would say then simply vote for the device your planning to buy.

@ Mods, maybe a option for like "I'm (still) uncertain which kind of device i will use/buy"