Sign in to follow this  
shadowze

Custom Faces / Custom sounds , Better control of please

Hi,

I would really like the abililty on the server config to control custom faces and custom sounds independantly.

example

currently you have

MaxCustomFileSize

I would like 2 different settings

MaxCustomFaceSize

MaxCustomSoundSize

That way a sever could allow custom faces BUT disallow custom sounds ( or vice versa )

So the usual thing where you have some retard coming onto the server with

silly sounds such as rapper screaming the word Nigger , annoying music etc

could be prevented , but still allow custom faces to better ID people in game.

thanks

Hi, i like what you say Shadowze. Let's C ya

In addition I wish that you could just prevent the server from loading those custom files instead of kicking the "offending" player from the server and forcing him to either find another one or switch to a profile without custom files.

In addition I wish that you could just prevent the server from loading those custom files instead of kicking the "offending" player from the server and forcing him to either find another one or switch to a profile without custom files.

+1 for this very good idea

Just bringing this back to the surface

With the new OA game we are seeing lots of people with annoying and racist sounds

PLEASE BIS: Allows us to control Custom sounds and faces better

I have to support this as well, I am sick and tired of people having racist sounds played whilst im trying to enjoy a game. The sounds are played over the text chats. IE side channel/Global which plays to pretty much everyone. When its played on Global im sure the Enemy AI get pissed off with it to.

Hi all,

I'm up for this as well, i think it might be a nice future, i'm not against all these things, but when gaming an exiting game and some stupid is yelling nigger all the time, makes me sort of angry.

Good idea !!!

Alphons

I agree with shadowze here. I find it really annoying when you're getting some great fraps footage and some dick plays the dukes of hazzard.

Be gone you silly sounds.

I agree partly with shadowz on this,

I use custom sounds that are helpful such as:

"Requesting Artillery" or "Requesting Reinforcements", so wouldnt this punish people who use helpful custom sounds?

I wish that the faces don’t alter the dark colours (eg a balaclava) to white, that make some kind of ghost freak

I smile every time I see someone try to join with a custom sound file and get kicked. Serves them right. I have never, never, never seen a custom sound be any more useful or pleasant than a wet fart.

I smile every time I see someone try to join with a custom sound file and get kicked. Serves them right. I have never, never, never seen a custom sound be any more useful or pleasant than a wet fart.

But my friends an I do, ours truly arent even sounds just "blank" text files saved as sounds so we can communicate easier i.e: "Enemy Armor Spotted","Im down!, Need medic!","Enemy Air contact", etc. Is it fair that ones who do use helpful sounds and etc to be kicked when all we want to do is communicate easier?

But my friends an I do, ours truly arent even sounds just "blank" text files saved as sounds so we can communicate easier i.e: "Enemy Armor Spotted","Im down!, Need medic!","Enemy Air contact", etc. Is it fair that ones who do use helpful sounds and etc to be kicked when all we want to do is communicate easier?

Most servers do have some sort of live communication possibility. May it be Teamspeak, Ventrilo or even the ingame VON. Using ACE Mod, you get short range & long range radio simulation. Even a plugin that exports this to Teamspeak is available. So there's a whole bunch of tools available which will all solve your problem much better than audio samples. It doesn't get much easier than that.

Those reports are not all that useful without bearing and distance. So you'll need to type or chat as well. And some ("Need medic") are available through the ingame complex command system.

With 99% being morons, we just can't let in those 1% that uses it for good. Fair or not, it just have to be.

I play with subtitles off anyway so you might wonder why some players are seemingly ignoring your commands.

I actually find custom files (being those faces or sounds) as waste of server bandwidth.

Having 20 players running around with spiderman faces, batman, kitties or whatever else always makes me giggle inside though.

As previously said, there are tons of available channels of communication now, starting with the ingame VON, to ventrilo, TS3, mumble or what not

Pah you're all Killjoys. Enjoy the game, have fun, and more importantly, have a laugh. Besides, there are more important things to whinge about than this.

I support this, Valve have had this in their games for years.

BIS pull your finger out!!

Been wanting something like this since OFP days!

Simple control in dedicated server cfg to limit total number of custom files and sizes independently.