Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Nice one indeed but Tula is not a new map? I played on a similar map a few month ago.

Nice one indeed but Tula is not a new map? I played on a similar map a few month ago.

Apparently it's a polished up RO1 map. The MG42 was also in RO1. The next obvious leap is the return of the Panzerfaust.

Apparently it's a polished up RO1 map. The MG42 was also in RO1. The next obvious leap is the return of the Panzerfaust.

Thx for the explanation, so I have played on a custom map then.

Edited by Papanowel

Tula Outskirts is a new map in RO2, its obviously one of the old maps from RO1, I havent played RO2 enough, to busy with Arma/IF projects, wont be able to use the mg42 til I unlock it.

Was ingame yesterday morning playing for the first time in months had to reset all my controls for some reason, but it was fun to play again, was there an update

not to long ago before the latest one that added new maps?

I got the mid week special of this game (love Steam for that), first time I've ever played it, I don't get out much! But great fun, screen is littered with info though.. Look forward to playing it more, SP was a bit tragic, make Arma ai look super smart, not sure I'll bother going back there, but played a couple of MP missions and yeah, nice flow.

As usual I jump straight back into Arma for comparison of the games look and feel, this was Arma 2 specifically and play a simple sector control with AI on Shapur and Arma just cleans up, I dream the day Arma ships with some out of the box MP for the casual player but just know it ain't never gonna happenz.

Anyways look forward to trying one of those Bonzai charges in RS!

Red Orchestra is really best played in MP, the AI is just waaaay to bad to play it in SP.

Yeah, MP was about the best I've played, mostly everyone worked together also, haven't played a lot but I think I found my online fix.

RO2 like RO1 is about MP, game is an MP game, sp is just there for getting your controls down and practicing, like in RO1 they have a practice option where you can

play any map and set the number of bots and skill and just play against the AI, AI in RO for SP is the same as in mp.

The bots in RO1 follow a predetermined path which are created by nodes, little balls that give them a path, and then at the same time a script is used in the path wherever

to make the bots do certain things, you can see this in the unreal editor if you had ever built maps, or made existing maps without bot pathways, i've done this quite a bit in my RO days.

As for RO2 I dont know how they have it setup now, I would assume the same thing but more advanced.