Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

I bought RO2, I played it. I even fought side by side with Mr. Charles.

And You know what? I think it's great.

Of course there are annoying things such as:

- people, who doesn't have a clue

- broken server browser

- random crashes and sound "cut-offs" [but not very often]

- lack of most 16:9 resolutions [the only one I can set - 1280/780 - wtf?]

- inability to cancel "chat" mode by pressing escape

- too popular MKB's

- cheaters [we "met" one yesterday on server with VAC and PB on... meh]

- shitty VOIP

but other than that... geeez, this game is so awesome!

Epic animations, great models, gore, great sound and music and big fun from using weapons. It's really fun and I personally find it better then RO1 (I just miss RO1's maps), in "realism" setting and with good people it doesn't share much (anything?) with CoD.

On the other side, game doesn't have enough audio speeches, music and maps... especially maps. After few hours it's really repetitive.

But hey, it was well spent money.

Now let's just see how they patch the game and include everything they were saying they'll include (coop for example). It'll be a beast.

When is the SDK coming out?

Oh you where that Jon :rolleyes: Should have put PL behind it :p

hmm, i can use 1920x1080, maybe try to set it in ROEngine.ini in Documents and settings/my games/Red Orchestra 2/ROGame/Config

ResX=1920

ResY=1080

Edited by Mr. Charles

Just out on Steam:

- Fixed a bug where all sound would sometimes cut out when the map changes

- Various crash fixes for server and client

- Client performance optimizations

- Single Player Fix - fixed "double music" playing when loading the game from a checkpoint

- Added the ability to enable webadmin through the commandline. This will allow you to override what is in the ini files, thus fixing up any issues with inis getting overwritten by updates. To enable webadmin via the commandline add EnableWebAdmin=True to the "?" separated commandline parameters. To set the webadmin port add WebAdminPort= to the "?" separated commandline parameters.

As a heads up, we are continuing to work on the following:

- VOIP

- Stats

- Crashes

- Optimization

From nowhere again, I gain acess to Hero Assault and Commander. Its nice the little changes like the clothes, the voice and phrases (more evil) aswell the morale boost. But the abilities boost seems too much.

218,8 mb.

Gonna be killing some german scum later :cool:

Another 18 mb patch, rolling back the sound fix, which was causing extreme performance issues for some people.

Edited by Mr. Charles

More like money wasted for me, i got the deluxe edition, and the dam thing didn't work, release comes out,

and guess what the dam thing didn't work, game would not start for me, and whats funny is,

I can play any other game that runs on that engine but just not RO2.

How do i get my $40 back, any ideas, cuz i can use it to pay some bills, or do I have to contact steam?

Ok, my server is up.

I'm still coming to terms with the rogame.ini. Does anyone have a detailed explanation of all the variables because I can't seem to find one.

Just search 'Bangtail' under unranked (Might be up and down a bit for the next hour as I come to terms with the ini and will be ranked by tonight).

@Gunter: If you contact Steam support and explain your situation, they are usually ok the first time you ask for your money back but if this isn't the first time, I doubt you'll get very far. You can always chargeback but that might end up with you losing your entire Steam account so I wouldn't suggest it.

Edited by BangTail

Dont really have anything with a detailed explanation, but i've been playing around alot with the server files. So shoot any questions over i'll do my best to help.

Dont really have anything with a detailed explanation, but i've been playing around alot with the server files. So shoot any questions over i'll do my best to help.

Sent you a PM :)

More like money wasted for me, i got the deluxe edition, and the dam thing didn't work, release comes out,

and guess what the dam thing didn't work, game would not start for me, and whats funny is,

I can play any other game that runs on that engine but just not RO2.

How do i get my $40 back, any ideas, cuz i can use it to pay some bills, or do I have to contact steam?

Günther, you still try to run the game with a machine well below minimum specs.

Günther, you still try to run the game with a machine well below minimum specs.

but thats clearly not his fault or problem, he can run other games whcih use (probably a) different version of the same engine and they start! :j:

come on günter, dont give up ze ship, soldat!

sgt-hartman128734681043953.jpeg

ps: i couldnt start the fifa12 demo, till i noticed, that it wouldnt start, as long as the hotas flightjoxstick was pluged in!! its still a pc and a pc title mr.spock and i'm thankfull for that..and with all the struggle one has with the bugs left, right and center, its still really worth playing it. keep it, till it runs 4 you sir and i hope u'll get that sorted out soon.....just as JonPL said...well spent money, and:

I bought RO2, I played it. I even fought side by side with Mr. Charles.

And You know what? I think it's great.

Of course there are annoying things such as:

- people, who doesn't have a clue

- broken server browser

- random crashes and sound "cut-offs" [but not very often]

- lack of most 16:9 resolutions [the only one I can set - 1280/780 - wtf?]

- inability to cancel "chat" mode by pressing escape

- too popular MKB's

- cheaters [we "met" one yesterday on server with VAC and PB on... meh]

- shitty VOIP

but other than that... geeez, this game is so awesome!

Epic animations, great models, gore, great sound and music and big fun from using weapons. It's really fun and I personally find it better then RO1 (I just miss RO1's maps), in "realism" setting and with good people it doesn't share much (anything?) with CoD.

On the other side, game doesn't have enough audio speeches, music and maps... especially maps. After few hours it's really repetitive.

Now let's just see how they patch the game and include everything they were saying they'll include (coop for example). It'll be a beast.

When is the SDK coming out?

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

My comp specs are:

Windows xp 32bit/Firefox brows/cable internet

AMD single core cpu 2.6

Nividia Geforce GTX 285

Power supply 750 watt

Creative fatality sound card

2G Ramm

2 HD's 1 80gig, and 1 120gig

res 1900x 600

I was able to run any other game on unreal engine 3 with my specs lower then what i have now without issues,

but not RO2 since I had upgraded last year.

Game wont start at all, and right now Im strapped for money as all the money i get for work go to bills,

and debts so upgrading is not possible right now.

prob my cpu but game wont get past the splash screen.

How it roll's ,so it seems Gunter?

Been running arma/arma2 on a single core quite well for yrs???

I get a dual core and cant even run CoH,but thats a diff story.

On topic,bought Ro2, and its like no other game i've played, am really liking it!

Most of the maps are like cat and mouse,rather than the usual Cod/bf run an gun! Well the maps that i've tried.

But bear with me... lol i aint got a fooking clue whats going on? :D

Is there anywhere i can get to view a manual of some sorts?

And i find it very hard to work out enemy from friendly?

ck

My comp specs are:

Windows xp 32bit/Firefox brows/cable internet

AMD single core cpu 2.6

Nividia Geforce GTX 285

Power supply 750 watt

Creative fatality sound card

2G Ramm

2 HD's 1 80gig, and 1 120gig

res 1900x 600

I was able to run any other game on unreal engine 3 with my specs lower then what i have now without issues,

but not RO2 since I had upgraded last year.

Game wont start at all, and right now Im strapped for money as all the money i get for work go to bills,

and debts so upgrading is not possible right now.

prob my cpu but game wont get past the splash screen.

You upgraded last year with a single core processor?!

I was still using my Pentium4 till well into this year, Don't underestimate the later single cores, as they go much further than people expect.

Yes and No, let me explain.

My computer is basically an evolution from a gateway computer, few years ago my motherboard fried, at

the time I had a 2.2 single core, this was like 2006/2007.

My buddy being a freelance computer tech helped me learn and get situated with the computer,

so i had upgraded with what i could afford at the time, basically I had replaced everything, and built my own.

My buddy sent me a motherboard this was like 3 years ago, and its max capacity it can hold for a cpu is 2.6,

at the time I had a 2.2 when i got the board, so i had upgraded the cpu at the time for what i could afford,

got a new graphics card from him, power supply, ect,.

Considering 2008 i had lost my job (laid off) and was on my butt for 2 years with little if any money coming it,

upgrading was next to impossible.

Now that i work, not making what i had made obviously, im stuck down to paying bills and debts with little if any

to savings. So right now and single core sucks but i can max the game out if i want to but i play with all low settings,

and the game is playable if not for the geforce gtx 285, my PSU, and ramm keeping me alive.

I wish for the day to have a duel core, I wonder what its like to play a game without hesitation :rolleyes:

but to get a duel core or basically upgrade, i need a whole no mobo, and cpu to boot,

and well that costs money which i dont have, so I guess Im stuck for now.

Should have used the $40 to help upgrade instead.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I have a spare quad core Q9300 with cooler that I could sell you for 80€. You will need a compatible mainboard of course. Mine died this year, so I upgraded to i7

Charles, thanks for the tip, game now works in my native res. Thanks a lot again!

Does anyone know how to change the username in multiplayer?

Does anyone know how to change the username in multiplayer?

Steam => Settings => Friends. Change there the name.

Steam => Settings => Friends. Change there the name.

I came to think about that..Silly me. Thanks anyway.

More 430mb right now to download:

We are pushing out an update tonight. The change log is as follows:

- Significantly improved VOIP system

- Optimized Fallen Fighters map

- Fixed some Single Player spawn issues

- Various crash fixes for server and client

- Client performance optimizations

- Fixed Hit indications when manual bolting is turned on

Servers will need to update.