Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

I've been enjoying some time on 7th cav server. Starting to get to know a few players which makes it more interesting.

But I don't consider poor map design, unimplemented features and the like to be "launch problems"

6+ fantasy MKBs per map after TWI saying only 1-2 heroes would get them is a change in philosophy, not an unintentional bug.

6+ fantasy MKBs per map after TWI saying only 1-2 heroes would get them is a change in philosophy, not an unintentional bug.

isnt that "fixed" now?

isnt that "fixed" now?

No, it isnt.

All they did is stop the ability for all classes with an SMG option to utilise it, and now made it available to 'just' the assault class. Which still is, usually, 6 men strong.

Add in that many people still suck at the game and get killed often, and everybody wants to use the 'ultimate tacticool' weapon so they pick it up.

It still isnt a rare sight to see half the German team running around with an MKB, and it is quite pissing me off. This is NOT what i was expecting.

I was having a lot of fun with the game up till now, but this is truely FUBAR.

No, it isnt.

All they did is stop the ability for all classes with an SMG option to utilise it, and now made it available to 'just' the assault class. Which still is, usually, 6 men strong.

Add in that many people still suck at the game and get killed often, and everybody wants to use the 'ultimate tacticool' weapon so they pick it up.

It still isnt a rare sight to see half the German team running around with an MKB, and it is quite pissing me off. This is NOT what i was expecting.

I was having a lot of fun with the game up till now, but this is truely FUBAR.

You seem surprised by how the game turned out. I mean, they did market this game to the COD market. So one could only assume there are going to be l33t weapons for everyone that can't handle a rifle.

well, i seem to be much better at killing with a Kar98 than a MKB. guess thats just me though...

well, i seem to be much better at killing with a Kar98 than a MKB. guess thats just me though...

Mkb is very good for indoors - something like ppsh

Of course the Kar is better for medium/long range fight

Yeah, it's just you. The MKB is better at all ranges.

Yeah, it's just you.

I have to agree with TimRiceSE actually :rolleyes:

To me it feels like the MKB is average on longer ranges, while the Kar98 is spot on every time.

You gotta love your first death on that vid Charles, you just see the flash an instant before your head bucks back :p

Had a good game on sparta a little while ago on 7th cav.

Was german with MG34 and I got a group of about 10-12 guys running the right flank together. Was awesome. I was doing suppressing fire and everyone was overlapping each other.

Steamrolled the Russians in about 8 minutes.

Patch up, about 600mb.

Bug Fixes

-Fixed a bug where players could spawn without a class

-Fixed a bug with auto reloading when using a manual bolt rifle

-Minor performance improvements

Level/Gameplay Fixes

Pavlov's House

-Added wall to block line of sight to one of the Allied tank spawns

-Allies now correctly get a forward spawn when capturing Zab's House

-German spawn protection was toned down to prevent Allied attackers in inside of the Voyentorg from being killed by spawn protection when objectives changed hands

Commissar's House

-Gave Allies 40 more reinforcements

-Default Allied spawn in more directly in line with Building 81

-Moved one of the initial Axis spawns back further from the Water Refinery

-Increased spawn protection and no artillery volumes for Allies

-Various cover fixes

Seems like inserting game, i ordered the Special Edition and hoping it to come tomorrow, strangely it was 12 Euro's cheaper then the normal edition. I should bought it off steam, because this wait is killing me. :p

Is there any Western Front mod going on? Like DH for RO2?

Darkest Hour is in the works aswell. I think we're gonng be looking at Q2 next year before we see anything really from MOD teams. We might get lucky and see some user made maps before then.

Like this game a lot, especially in the Countdown gamemode, just have a difficult time to find good servers in Europe with enough players...

Love th Stalingrad wartorn look of the maps..!

This is for sure the best WW2 game since Hidden & Dangerous.

Unfortunatly CD seems to have slipped under the radar a little. I've set a couple of the TWI UK servers to be countdown only. But they havent seen much action.

Have to agree though Countdown is superb, extremely tense even with very few players. Especially when you going up against your squad mates, makes for some interesting nights on Teamspeak....

EDIT: I now have a server up for my squad, but will extend my previous invitation for anyone looking for a game. On most nights, just trying to get a solid player base atm...

Gonna try and get most of my guys on Thurs night for a bit of a session, so feel free to come and kick our arse :)

Server Name - ^BOB^ Killzone Realism Server UK

IP - 109.70.149.161:7785

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Server admins can set how many assault class slots to have.

Sure, this limits PPSh and MP40 also, but setting this number around 3 seems to make for nice gameplay, imo.

wSpeD5FQTJM

There is a mod about the pacific theater and another one about the vietnam war.

Enjoyed that, good to see some of my mates in the same server too... even if one did appear to be camping ALOT! :D

;2025034']Enjoyed that' date=' good to see some of my mates in the same server too... even if one did appear to be camping ALOT! :D[/quote']

It's not camping, it is defending :rolleyes:

It's not camping, it is defending :rolleyes:

Don´t forget countercamping, the sort used to take out other teams campers in order to help your attackers. Sadly it´s hard to get the ratios right :p

I just had the worst game ever on Pavlov's House. Playing as a russian is hard enough, but it gets even worse if there are only retards on your team :mad: