Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Seems like the whole profile/ranking system is out of work. Apparently I haven't killed anyone yet. I might have missed a few, but I'm pretty sure I've killed at least one of them. :rolleyes:

Yup..

I had a fairly good game the other day, that I was in the top 3 on scoreboard, above me were two other arma players in Mr. Charles and Xeno but hey that's ok :) my game crashed literally a couple of seconds before the game finished, checked my stats nothing... Had some decent games with some nice team work, regarding stats.. lets just call this practice... ;)

Game is definitely worthy of the 90%+ imho.

Immersion is top notch. Don't really get a chance to play more then 20 minutes at a time so I haven't felt all of the bugs people are complaining about. Also, could care less about stats and unlocks.

I've just never felt cqb this intense before both SP or MP. If Arma3 could get some of this bot indoor cover and maneuver ability, it would be the ultimate.

Animations -love em. I was behind cover on top floor in South Hall of campaign, when I saw 1 Russian, 1 Nazi running having emerged from opposite end doors, surprise each other. Stabbing ensued and the Nazi went down hard, I went to join my victorious fellow Slav when he started wobbling and letting out a death moan which echoed eerily in the hall, then dropped.

So many moments like this, game deserves top honors.

I like RO2 so far and have been enjoying it despite some of the issues but it just doesn't quite top Ostfront for me. I feel it is the, overall, better title despite some great features that RO2 introduces.

I was playing the Darkest Hour mod for RO1 and had a better game than any I have had in RO2 so far. People were cooperating, using voice comms, they were using all the available kits to full effect, tanks were being utilised properly and were working with the infantry.

It's early days though and my opinion might change as RO2 matures. I am especially looking forward to the PTO mod currently being developed for it.

;2023017']New Steam Group for Red Orchestra | Arma Players here. Invite your friends :)

Cool!

I'll join, but it's gonna stay a small group I fear. :D

:p

Even if it is small, hopefully we can get all of us into one team, show the rest of the world what arma players are about... :D

A nice..... review (NOT ME in video)

kEuQtiK6TQc

Warning has lots of language

Just had to post that omg im still laughing.

Ill probably get the game after a couple patches.

ROFLMFAO!

F**king game is a f**cking POS. F**cking developers should f**cking F**cking learn not to release a F*cking game like this

Some guy swearing his head off in his basement (complete with trash bags over the windows) != a review.

Edited by BangTail

ROFLMFAO!

Some guy swearing his head off in his basement (complete with trash bags over the windows) != a review.

of course its a review :D

Lol his score is HORRRRRRRRIBLE

Didn´t even watched (headphones went kaputt) but i guess it goes at same lines as this one about RO1: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/11835/red-orchestra/

Can´t even watch that again, so much non-sense going on.....

Instead of simply saying 'it's a good game but not for people who prefer 'insert your fave mainstream shooter here', they have to rag on it for doing what it was designed to do while implying that anyone who enjoys it is 'anal retentive'.

I personally can't stand G4, it's the epitome of candy coated, commercial crap and they have about as much objectivity as a dehydrated snail.

Olivia Munn (not the girl in that video - that was Morgan Webb) is pretty cute mind you, but not cute enough to make me want to watch that dross.

Edited by BangTail

Funny Guy :p

Best comment was "what's with the V for vendetta mode u got goin on? Not to mention where the fuck are ur sideburns, lol they took them bitches clean off" -- :D

;2023017']New Steam Group for Red Orchestra | Arma Players here. Invite your friends :)
Edited by VIPER[CWW]

"500 meters away..."

Apparently he's playing a different game.

If he was talking about the Spartnovka map (I cannot spell it) it's only like <200m or around that, at most.

If he was talking about the Spartnovka map (I cannot spell it) it's only like <200m or around that, at most.

Well, if you sit in the town hall and manage to snipe a german in the gullies, i'd imagine it being 400 Meters.

Well, if you sit in the town hall and manage to snipe a german in the gullies, i'd imagine it being 400 Meters.

Exactly 250m from RU spawn to the dead tank at the right of the first wooden bridge, which is only barely visible in this pic, if that is of any help :D

which is only barely visible in this pic

Next time remove the part of the picture where it says Xeno was killed by artillery :D

I hate artillery!

Xeno

I just wish they would fix sway

It's ludicrous how accurate all the weapons are at 100 meters+

I often one shot people in the head with the DP and MG34. I remember on spartanovka, I was standing up with the sniper rifle unsupported and getting headshots everytime I fired at 175 meters.

I've been firing guns all my life and have a k98, and that is total bullshit unless you are a highly experienced sniper (I was level 1...far from "experienced") Going for the body shot would have been more appropriate in that situation due to the larger target.

I MG a lot, so I'm often deployed in a hidey hole. Most of the time I die from the very first shot. I never notice bullets impacting or flying over me. 90% of the time, the guy will hit my prone covered body (or just head) from 100+ meters.

It just hurts the immersion for me. You hear a rifle shot and then you see the kill pop up on screen. It's almost guaranteed.

It's been reported that when you 'level up' your weapon you can get rid of sway entirely.

I wouldn't know, what with my weapons stats refusing to save, but this sounds like a bad game mechanic to me.