Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

How true, the bots on Hero level are actually better than most human players. :p

This might be the new folks that haven't played the game before now. But I was almost in tears over the human players I was playing with, for the last hour and a half. Telling players the left flank is wide open and that the last zone was about to be run over? Doesn't help. And they'll freely waltz in to a artillery barrage, even if the barrage is clearly visible/audiable and have been going on for 15 sec already.

So bring on the bots, please! Either that or ArmA players, because they at least know what a left flank is. ;)

This might be the new folks that haven't played the game before now. But I was almost in tears over the human players I was playing with, for the last hour and a half. Telling players the left flank is wide open and that the last zone was about to be run over? Doesn't help. And they'll freely waltz in to a artillery barrage, even if the barrage is clearly visible/audiable and have been going on for 15 sec already.

So bring on the bots, please! Either that or ArmA players, because they at least know what a left flank is. ;)

What do you expect from a game that was marketed to the COD gamer?

If anyone was looking forward to an upgrade from beta...don't hold your breath.

Except now there are even more noobs who complain about "campers"

Performance issues are still there if not worse and a few bugs as well.

Just played for almost 2 hours and can't say I'm as excited as I was about RO Ost.

I like. Just one CTD @ browser in almost 3 hours. Performance problems where related to te server machine, can´t complain about that. With couple patchs the game probably will run smooth enough.

Its fast paced compared to RO1, but isn´t bad. When you get 2 good teams the game get way better, with more cover and flanking than run'n'gun.

I even like the unlock and abilities stuff and the auto chatter isn´t annoying as in BC2, its kind of helpfull and funny.

Good part of the interface should be changed\tweaked, bandaging should take more time and hardcore should be default. Other than that, not many complains so far... and I was getting worried with all the beta BS..........

bandaging should take more time and hardcore should be default

Yep, the bandaging is too fast but I will say this, it's a trade off because as there is no drag, you are effectively stuck healing someone wherever they happen to have fallen and they could potentially be exposed to enemy fire.

I would also prefer that 'hardcore' was default.

Other than that, no problems to speak of :D

Edited by BangTail

If we could combine the infantry mechanics of RO2 with the large environment of Arma2, I would never buy another game again.

If we could combine the infantry mechanics of RO2 with the large environment of Arma2, I would never buy another game again.
Amen! I love the weapon resting and weapon deployment system, I wish those were in ArmA 2.

Other than that obviously the telescope view which allows you to scan the environment whilst looking through the scope. And - although controversial - I love the blind firing system.

I have just experienced something i had to tell someone about, wait for it........

A TEAM THAT LISTENS!!!!

Finally got a game where all my team (playing as commander), actually listened. Held when i told them, pushed the flank when i told them. Suffice to say we walked over the other team for the remaining rounds.

This gives me hope....once all the "new game groupies" have buggered off to BF3 we might see a major improvment in the attitude.

I have just experienced something i had to tell someone about, wait for it........

A TEAM THAT LISTENS!!!!

Finally got a game where all my team (playing as commander), actually listened. Held when i told them, pushed the flank when i told them. Suffice to say we walked over the other team for the remaining rounds.

This gives me hope....once all the "new game groupies" have buggered off to BF3 we might see a major improvment in the attitude.

Doesn't this happen to nearly all games on release though?

Not in my experience and certainly not on RO2 so far. People just tend to play for themselves and their kills, rather than actually trying to work as a team.

Like i say this is the first time beig commander where i've been able to look on the map and see people holding where ive told them, moving up together. Usually its just a mass of dots moving all over the show with no coordination at all. It was prob just a one off, but still it made me smile.

Not in my experience and certainly not on RO2 so far. People just tend to play for themselves and their kills, rather than actually trying to work as a team.

I can vouch for that, even with my own clan mates in teamspeak, when we were playing they would just run off and do their own thing without even speaking once the whole match, I got so annoyed once I just left the teamspeak and continued playing, it got better after I told them my concerns... :D

I'm rather surprised at how few people talk over voip. maybe 1 person per match.

I've just been using the MGs. Hit detection sucks (especially around legs) so I've missed a few, but I've got about 300 kills in about 4 hours of play. These noobs are like lemmings. If I sit inside the cap zone I rocket up to the top of the score list...but unfortunately sometimes I have to be outside in order to find a better spot. I feel guilty for not being in the cap, but I think I make up for it by distracting the other team and preventing 1/4 of their team from making it into the capzone.

Anyone using Nvidia hardware and having performance problems should disable 'Hardware Physics'.

I was getting spikes yesterday and disabling that feature put me back to a smooth 60 FPS.

It's been discussed a little on their forums with some dev saying it would actually improve performance but it does not and I really don't notice the difference with it off tbh.

This seems (for me at least) to be something to do with the Retail game because I wasn't having this problem in the beta.

Anyone using Nvidia hardware and having performance problems should disable 'Hardware Physics'.

This seems (for me at least) to be something to do with the Retail game because I wasn't having this problem in the beta.

In the beta I got noticeably more CTDs when HW Physics was turned on (I have a GTX 460).

I've yet to install the full game, but my experience so far has been that the HW physics is a weak link in the game.

In the beta I got noticeably more CTDs when HW Physics was turned on (I have a GTX 460).

I've yet to install the full game, but my experience so far has been that the HW physics is a weak link in the game.

Maybe I got lucky with the Beta but I can definitely confirm that it was the culprit in my case :)

HW Physics, i.e. CUDA?

Shouldn't it require dual GPU's?

Are there noticeable effect enhancements when it is turned on?

I'm rather surprised at how few people talk over voip. maybe 1 person per match.
Actually that's the problem of almost every non-"elitist" games\mods (firearms mod - great community and players, but there's hardly any populated server), it's annoying as hell.

People don't use mics, don't coordinate actions and they ignore people who try to gather it all up so it makes any sense. People buy and take milsim\realistic(ish) games and play them like CoD, wth is wrong with this anyway? Same goes for ArmA 2 on public coop servers.

Want cooperation and ppl on the mics? Well... play Counter-Strike Source. At least in Poland it's the most mature public-server playerbase.

Edited by JonPL
sorry for name mix-up

Weren't deluxe owners supposed to get some unlocks on day 1?

We got screwed :rolleyes:

"they are fixing it"

Seems like the whole profile/ranking system is out of work. Apparently I haven't killed anyone yet. I might have missed a few, but I'm pretty sure I've killed at least one of them. :rolleyes:

Gamespy gave them a 90%...

Not sure how that's possible. With the rosiest of rosy glasses an 80% at best.

But it's not like reviews and awards now a days mean much when those very companies rely on the finances those things they review bring in.

Reviews, as always, are subjective. Personally, I think RO2 deserves high praise, despite the launch issues. :)

Reviews, as always, are subjective. Personally, I think RO2 deserves high praise, despite the launch issues. :)

I agree in some aspects. The game just needs bigger maps. Can't wait for all the custom maps to where I can make 800 meter shots etc. The blood effects are pretty nice too.

I mean, they have a range sighting system........for maps that are 200 meters long.