Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

the beta patch is kinda pointless ,because today they releasing the retail version

and also Steam won't let me Pre-load (tryed the trick with changing region ,but it did not work ) :p

Now it finally works

btw now we need that RO2 "ArmA" server :D

There is one provided by yours truly - KH server (has been up since beta)

Oh, and i love steam - i can't pre-load servers full

The map editor even then I couldnt figure out how to make a playable space without my character falling into oblivion (Gears of War PC map editor an older build of this unreal engine) :p

UDK != game map editor.

Heres a solution for you, dont like my posts click the ignore button.

Too much hassle on my part to be worth it. In the end you are not as bad as the ppl i have on my ignore list..

Edited by PuFu

TWI said multiple times that they're not going to make everything destructable, because a flat map just isn't fun.

I'm aware.

But I assumed destruction entailed more than a wooden 5x5 shed getting crumpled.

People were under the impression that most things were destructible. TWI said that all buildings except the thickest walled that would realistically take the hardest beating would be destructible in some way. They said even buildings with cap zones would be somewhat destructible, but it would be impossible to level them as it would break gameplay.

I think the beta either doesn't have this implemented, or they decided to take it out of the game.

I mean, this is stalingrad. City of rubble and destruction; yet the most damage we can do is knock over the random tree and blow up boxes and such. It's not really something that NEEDS to be in a game, but it's a cool feature that will start showing up more and more in video games over the next half decade.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

I found a video with a tank destroying sections of a house. Skip to 6 min 45 sec:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gd...chestra/711635

As Montanaro said it seems only certain structures can be destroyed in this way. :(

Well, the clip you referenced is a tank map only.

Almost no infantry at all; you have to be able to destroy stuff on a tank only map otherwise it would kill the atmosphere (ie 15 tanks firing at one building won't destroy it...) and it kind of helps if an enemy tank is hiding behind a building. But it doesn't have the ramifications that it would on a combined arms map.

In ARMA it's something that needs to be done in that way, because of the longe range firefights

In RO2 the maps are smaller, the ranges to do a firefight are from 0 to 150m, so the zoom is unnecessary, heck, the maps are even smaller than ROOST ones and the no-zoom ironsights worked well in that game

Wait for the community-made maps.

There's a reason why many of the guns have adjustable sights up to 1,500 metres.

Has release been pushed back? here it says 16th September... I've also been told 6th October on amazon, but on steam it says in one hour. :confused:

Nope the game is still locked even though it should have been available by now. TripWire fails at yet another thing.

Nope the game is still locked even though it should have been available by now. TripWire fails at yet another thing.

I don't see another thing failled, please explain...

My Steam says in approximately 2hrs at this instant, we may not have the same Steam but the time remains the same.

If you are able to download the files (pre-load) which we are then Tripwire have sent everything to Steam. Its up to them to unlock it not Tripwire.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

DieterWeber's right.. its a worldwide release date, if it was at different times I would of had it 18 hours ago...

It said 1 hour to go when I last posted, now it says 2 hours to go, do the math... that said I am preloading, which is nearly finished.

Many Steam releases are like this, its shite yes. But its the way it is....

Who honestly gives a piss if your game is a few hours late; hell even days.

You got something better to do? I mean you are sitting on the computer waiting for a game to come out that you are going to spend hours upon hours playing...

No just no....

When I pay for something and it has an expected release time, I expect it then, I'm not a push over who spends money and will wait for what ever time it takes.... ME WANTS ITZ NAOW!!!

Seems after dl the 8gb preload... the game is now dl a 2.6gb update? perhaps it was a corrupt upload hence the push back...

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Yes Steam made a mess with the pre-load files

Available: 14 September 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 3 hours

this time hopefully real unlock

Who honestly gives a piss if your game is a few hours late; hell even days.

You got something better to do? I mean you are sitting on the computer waiting for a game to come out that you are going to spend hours upon hours playing...

I like playing wit teh beta...

The game can wait.:D

I'm eagerly awaiting to play the SP -yup I said SP :yay:

Wanna first get a better feel how their bots play in cqb but moreso just be able to test out the guns and range without geting my head blown off in 0.02 milliseconds with the "Pnwd n00b b8tch!" reading on the ticker.

Wanna first get a better feel how their bots play in cqb but moreso just be able to test out the guns and range without geting my head blown off in 0.02 milliseconds with the "Pnwd n00b b8tch!" reading on the ticker.

I don't suppose you've ever encountered a tank online, have you? The AI MG spots and kills you before you can blink. Truely annoying.. :plain:

Still. Singleplayer first too. :yay:

Only played tanks once and was pretty confused. I was in a German one and we got directly behind a Russian one and slowly, my AI gunner hit them 3 times -all rounds bounced off while the other tank turrets slowly rotated until completed and killed me :o

I did play against AI infantry once and was somewhat impressed tho I could never find another AI server again. I just like AI, of course they're never as good as an actual person, but they are just an interesting development. Plus they don't l33t speak.

Only played tanks once and was pretty confused. I was in a German one and we got directly behind a Russian one and slowly, my AI gunner hit them 3 times -all rounds bounced off while the other tank turrets slowly rotated until completed and killed me :o

I did play against AI infantry once and was somewhat impressed tho I could never find another AI server again. I just like AI, of course they're never as good as an actual person, but they are just an interesting development. Plus they don't l33t speak.

Haha

The Panzer 4 should smoke the Russian's T34's in a shot or 2, perhaps you hit its armour at a bad angle.

I had some good fun in the tanks, as both Russian and German.

The Germans get advantages over long ranges with their better accuracy and firepower, but the Russians should be able to outmaneuver them and hit their weaker sides and rear.

I enjoy AI a lot too, Mostly because AI often actively tries to stay together and work together, whereas humans seem to not do it, at all. :p

aaaaaaand it falls on its face...

People are already having issues just getting the game to work...

and apparently the server browser is as bad as it ever was.

F*ck that Im having a blast in SP! Bots use great use of cover both popping out of doorways and vertically for quick shots back to cover.

I'm happy :)