Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

I have to say, i'm loving it thus far. As stated before the atmosphere is superb. A nice plus is that i haven't come across many COD/BF kiddies (dont get upset at that, you know who i mean), everyone seems quite pleasant.

Still hasn't fixed anything, I still cant get the game passed the splash screen.

If this dont work when the final release is out I guess I will have to abandon RO for good, and move on.

From what i have read, in the forums about it all probably should quit and get my money back while im at it,

seems like a big waste of time, or should I wait it out.

I guess this is why bis don't have beta testing :o

Bought it last night, and I loved every minute of it, only problem is the uniforms could be a bit more distinctive, as i was tk'd more then I was killed by the enemy... on the upside I managed to rifle butt a mg camper in a tower... :D

Game has TERRIBLE optimization. Runs like crap at medium settings for me, and I can run Arma 2 at max(excluding VD) with ease.

why people complain about bugs in beta ...

it's not 'stable final nor stable demo' build

Hopefully those silly bugs won't be in final version ;)

Because due to recent Games Beta's, People have forgotten what the concept of a Beta is, as a stage of development to find and remove bugs from the software, and see it more of a "this is how the game will play" demo.

People complaining about bugs is to be expected though, and TWI are doing a good job at patching them up so far as they appear. So we can't complain, really.

The ppsh is a lethal assault weapon, if you account for the first-two-rounds-recoil jump you can make decent ranged kills with it too

The PPSH is a million times better than the mule-kicking bastard gun it was in Ostfront but believe me, you don't want to be carrying one when that 'spawn with autofire' bug happens.

On a 64 Player server, I mowed down four of my team-mates within half a second, thanks to that - cue many expletives and calls to 'go back to CoD n00b' (I've been playing RO since the first beta of the mod version). I ended that match third on the leaderboard in spite of my massive TK points penalty though - n00b indeed. :D

I've still got a soft-spot for the SVT-40 above all the other guns though.

Because due to recent Games Beta's, People have forgotten what the concept of a Beta is, as a stage of development to find and remove bugs from the software, and see it more of a "this is how the game will play" demo.

People complaining about bugs is to be expected though, and TWI are doing a good job at patching them up so far as they appear. So we can't complain, really.

Like BIS, Tripwire have a very good track record where little things like 'listening to their customers' are concerned.

The have always been a solid and reputable company.

They want alpha testing so they can test beta without errors :D

Heh, was just playing with bots without knowing till I realized they were all named Ivan and Fritz :p

Looking foward to your eventual "Arma" server Bang - then us Offtopic'ers can finally settle some old political scores :D

ROFL!

Yah, should be fun. Im looking forward to it myself as I like running my own server - that way I am sure that it's a fair game for everyone involved.

As usual there are already asshats cheating in RO2 which is pathetic. I wish there were some way (other than constant monitoring) to get rid of these idiots permanently.

The only positive thing is that your average cheater is always playing the next big thing and most of them won't hang around RO2 for too long (I hope).

Not this argument again ... i did enough bolting already, and sometimes smg just suits the job better :p

;2017575']Bought it last night' date=' and I loved every minute of it, only problem is the uniforms could be a bit more distinctive, as i was tk'd more then I was killed by the enemy... on the upside I managed to rifle butt a mg camper in a tower... :D[/quote']

And the second RO player from BIForums that I've ran in to in as many days, lol

Hey guys, until Bang gets his server sorted here is the IP for a small 24 man "realistic" setting server i have control over. Would be nice to see some of you in there.

109.70.149.159:7779

Just type:-

open 109.70.149.159:7779

into the console or look for the name GamingDeluxe#2, usually on in the evenings GMT.

Now that we're 12 peeps here, care to join? :)

EDIT: BTW, it only plays Red October Factory.

Edited by colossus

I'm in now, apologies for the one map. I will sort out the cycle or vote in a minute.

Hey guys, until Bang gets his server sorted here is the IP for a small 24 man "realistic" setting server i have control over. Would be nice to see some of you in there.

into the console or look for the name GamingDeluxe#2, usually on in the evenings GMT.

Twenty-four man server? What is this, 1999?

Not so much tbh - the 64 player servers are annoying imho, too many people are still staying back and sniping with the MN/Kar.

64 players would be excellent if it was 64 people who played regularly but that is an unlikely scenario.

I stick to 48 or lower for the most part.

I never like to join those >50 player servers. Much rather play 10 vs 10, 12 vs 12 etc.

No Comment.....

Was nice to see a couple of you, had some fun if brief games. I plan to get a bit more time logged toward the end of the week/weekend.

No Comment.....

Was nice to see a couple of you, had some fun if brief games. I plan to get a bit more time logged toward the end of the week/weekend.

I will try to hop on at some point :D

I'm thinking of between 32 and 48 for my server!

Had a fantastic RO 'moment' before when I was running away from 2 Krauts as my PPsh was empty and I deftly pulled my pistola and ducked into a dark alcove. They both entered together and I got them one after the other as they tried to sneak up behind me.

RO is basically unsurpassed when it comes to the satisfaction you derive from killing someone :D

Edited by BangTail

RO is basically unsurpassed when it comes to the satisfaction you derive from killing someone :D

Yeppers, I was getting killed repeatedly by a german who was ninja'ing around our spawn buildings in Fallen Hero. Determined to out ninja the ninja, I took the high ground above him and finally spotted him thru a broken floor.

Opened up my pistol and he danced around my fire though he didnt know where I was all the while I'm strafing this circle of missing floor fire frantically.

Finally out of bullets, I threw a grenade to settle this once and for all but slipped thru the ceiling as I threw - we both got blowed up bad- but he was dismembered so I won :D