Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Have these maps and that update gone live yet because all I see are the same 3 maps?

Have these maps and that update gone live yet because all I see are the same 3 maps?

update is not up yet :(

Finally led leaderboard today!

Ok, ok, it was on the GrumpyOldMen server but still.... Whats great about this game is that kills are memorable as are situations you get into during firefights.

Got me thinkin, BI should really do that rumored Western they once had planned. Reason being, older guns and revolvers and single shots are just more fun IMO.

Can someone explain to me why everyone glows bright orange while inside a building and obviously under a shadow?

Im puzzled. :o

Can someone explain to me why everyone glows bright orange while inside a building and obviously under a shadow?

Turn bloom off. It's almost as silly as A2's radioactive cows.

Apparently, the updated beta files with the new maps have been sent to Steam, it's just a question of whether they have more than a skeleton staff on a Sunday and Holiday Monday :(

Apparently, the updated beta files with the new maps have been sent to Steam, it's just a question of whether they have more than a skeleton staff on a Sunday and Holiday Monday :(

This is why , sometimes i don't like Steam :mad::p

Ah! Further research reveals that this happen when you set shadows to 'low' and bloom on, making all player models glow, even in dark rooms.

Pretty much like a texture hack :j:

Hope they fix this at some point, although it's likely to be a 'feature' of Unreal Engine.

Ah! Further research reveals that this happen when you set shadows to 'low' and bloom on, making all player models glow, even in dark rooms.

Pretty much like a texture hack :j:

Hope they fix this at some point, although it's likely to be a 'feature' of Unreal Engine.

It better be fixed before they ship the game thats a crazy advantage over people who are using shadows, looking into buildings made easy when everyone is an orange.

The beta update is out, it's about 1.1 GB :)

Xeno

LOL, I'm guessing that patch did a lot of damage because no one is playing now.

I tried one of the new maps and it was laggy as hell and now the only place that people are playing seems to be tripwire's official and it is way over capacity.

Seems that the servers no longer enforce the player limits.

Well, the new maps don't show up in the browser, join your friends or via console.

Sadly, my stats won't track :(

I see them in the browser - but everything is empty.

Going to restart the router and this box :confused:

Everything is empty for me too!

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I did manage to join 2 servers by going on the Recently Played browsr list but nowhere else.

On the forums you have to apparently enter the server IP you want to join. I love server problems! RO1 all over again! (freaking frustrated as hell! dont turn this into RO1!)

Still hasn't fixed anything, I still cant get the game passed the splash screen.

If this dont work when the final release is out I guess I will have to abandon RO for good, and move on.

From what i have read, in the forums about it all probably should quit and get my money back while im at it,

seems like a big waste of time, or should I wait it out.

Still hasn't fixed anything, I still cant get the game passed the splash screen.

If this dont work when the final release is out I guess I will have to abandon RO for good, and move on.

From what i have read, in the forums about it all probably should quit and get my money back while im at it,

seems like a big waste of time, or should I wait it out.

I guess you need upgrade anyway - mainly win7 and some modern CPU

I bloody love this game, fills a great capability gap (CQB fighting & fun PvP) that Arma hasn't quite reached yet

Funnily enough I ran in to Mondkalb randomly while playing this the other day, heh

The ppsh is a lethal assault weapon, if you account for the first-two-rounds-recoil jump you can make decent ranged kills with it too

I'm getting this next week and really looking fw to it :D Any news about A.I. and fps performance on large maps?

I'm getting this next week and really looking fw to it :D Any news about A.I. and fps performance on large maps?

There are enough people to play without AI. The AI seen in the videos are set to retard levels, so the dev wouldn't get killed all the time. PvP is where it's at in Red Orchestra.

We haven't seen really large maps (2 km²+) yet. I think there will be lots of user created maps, too, so wait for the release of the SDK at launch.

Red October Factory was quite big. Can't say I had any problems running that one though.

Just for reference:

Asus P5KC

OCZ 4 GB DDR2-800

Intel Q9650 @ 3 GHz

MSI GTX 580

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Edited by colossus

started playing the beta last night... right after the patch was released on steam.. lol. så after two hours of waiting for a server to emerge I finally managed to play.

truely awesome gameplay from the hour i had... i hope itll prove to not be as buggy as people are claiming - personally I didnt have any issues after i acutally got into a server. atmosphere is great.