Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Mostly in server browser or after joining the game

i will try that thx :)

-

That did not fix that :(

If you're getting crashes on the server browser/around there, I don't think there's a *real* fix.

I found just moving my cursor to the edge of the screen and not moving it until the server browser finishes updating, makes it better. Might just be a placebo for it once working after doing that, but hey, it's worth a shot. :p

Currently, Noone has figured out what causes the crash or has a valid fix.

Question,

Is it true that in the game RO2 actually uses your actual steam name as your name ingame,

and so unlike RO you cannot create a name via configuration menu?

Question,

Is it true that in the game RO2 actually uses your actual steam name as your name ingame,

yes, it's your steam name ;)

It's very good ,but keeping CTD :-/

For some strange reason I didn't CTD before I read that message. :Oo:

Have you tried disabling Steam Cloud and/or Hardware physics? It seems that this method works for some. Although, unfortunetly not for everyone. :(

Still, I think it's fairly good compared to the first game. If you look away from the obvious bugs, that is.

They should have stuck with the WASD settings for the tank turret though, and used the arrows for the movement commands. It seemed a bit more real to me.

For some strange reason I didn't CTD before I read that message. :Oo:

LOL RobertHammer is bad news :D

SB started crashing on me too now, it didn´t about an hour before when it only was very sluggish and ate up all my pc´s but at least w/o crashing..

Instant match though is a guaranteed ctd here :confused:

LOL RobertHammer is bad news :D

lmao! xD

I have tryed everything - it is something in the game and also that Fallen Fighters map keep crashing :(

Edited by RobertHammer

You know you can always change your Steam nickname to anything you want at any time, right?

Everyone is getting CTDs

I'd be amazed if anyone has played more than 15 minutes at a time

My problem is I can't change any of my settings! Nothing is there except for the video settings.[/QUOTe]

just played the first time over an hour without any ctd. cloud on/physhardware off. i didnt connect over the serverbrowser! as they wrote during installation, if u have probs join the ro2 steam group and connect through somebody to the game. dont know if that helps with ctd...cant imagine that..but give it it a try!

altough i rather died more often than killed someone hehee the game rocks and i will play more after our wednesday arma2 meeting and hope, i want get those mentioned ctd's.

gl getting rid of the ctd's

You know you can always change your Steam nickname to anything you want at any time, right?

Ya I knew that, been on steam since beta of RO1, but unlike RO where you can change your name ingame in the confguration menu,

you cannot in RO2, Im really trying to find out why they changed it.

I have the DDE of RO2 atm the game wont start for me, but Im doing a scan with system mechanic and I got a ton of errors from the install,

so i guess I will see after the fix if it will start.

Steam has clocked 6 hours of me playing today, I've only crashed a few times.

All of which were at the server browser, however, Tripwire did say that they've found the issue and are working on a fix (they said it'd probably be the first thing to be fixed)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/announcements/detail/1351300309590726458

First and foremost is the crash in the server browser. This appears to happen because of the ammount of servers and players. We are looking into it now and it should be among the first things fixed.

So far, I'm having some great fun playing, mostly dying, but I'm getting some gameplay in there too. hehe. :)

A word about stats, unlocks and stuff? It is enabled in the Beta?

You rank up during a round, but you start new everytime. So no.

I played A LOT today. I really like it. Great Game!

The only CTDs I've had have been in the server browser, or in other UIs like the stats displays post-match. In fact, a fair few of the menu screens and stuff seem to have problems, but the action itself has been all good for me. Turning off clouding seems like it may have helped a bit.

I've noticed that the game looks heaps better with the 'Enhanced' or 'War movie' PP filters turned on for me. I found my visuals were rather 'muddy' before I turned them on; blurry and very little contrast along surfaces. Running enhanced though, it's actually rather pretty.

The beta certainly has its problems and at the moment it can be hard to tell what's buggy and what's the result of taking stuff out for the beta, but the 2-3 hours I've played so far have been very enjoyable.

I'm missing my bayonets and drum mags; but I'm glad SMGs don't have daft recoil like they did in Ostfront, and the option for having a fully manual rifle action is welcome. Despite initially being a bit skeptical of unlocks and stuff in RO; I'm finding myself looking forward to the persistent honour system being implemented in the full release.

Yep, haven't crashed since running the UE3 Redist file.

Also, much better now that I changed ironsights so it isn't toggle.

Edit: Of course I now CTD'ed :(

Edited by froggyluv

Couldn't launch, did the UE redist file. Then it launched me to the server-browser where I couldn't see any servers,

so I exited and downloaded some custom server files. Now I can see the servers, and I join the first one I see. Crash to desktop.

Edited by sparks50

Liking it alot and the only CTDs I have had are server browser related.

This seems to be an element of game development that many developers have alot of trouble with :(

I'm finding myself looking forward to the persistent honour system being implemented in the full release.

This: When everybody reaches max level, everybody will appear as a "old, grumpy veteran" ingame? That would be silly...

First impressions are very, very good. Rock solid stability for me, other than the server browser. Weapons are great and seem very well balanced: SMGs are actually fun to use now, but there are still plenty of reasons to pick up a bolt. Some fun new game modes, too.

Hope BIS pay attention to how TWI implemented their cover system for A3.

Hope BIS pay attention to how TWI implemented their cover system for A3.

I have to admit, I really really like their use of cover system. I hate Deus Ex/Vegas style, but here, it works and works well.

Having so much fun with this, just spent the past two hours with the recoiless rifle. Couple of shots into the Ammo store on a tank and BOOM!

Update just came out.

It supposedly fixes the CTD issues at the Server list.

- Fixed the server browser being slow/laggy

- Fixed some crashing issues with the server browser

- Fixed certain maps crashing in countdown game mode when 64 players would respawn at the same time

- Fixed some icons getting stuck on the screen (FT1, FT2, etc)

- Fixed choosing (defaults) in the key config menu removing keys

- Fixed some debugging tools so us devs can figure out what is causing crashes easier

(Source)

This: When everybody reaches max level, everybody will appear as a "old, grumpy veteran" ingame? That would be silly...

I suppose the most appropriate method would be a perpetual bell-curve (or perhaps some assymetrical curve), so everyone doesn't reach max level?

I also like it a lot. Luckily I had not much problems with CTDs.

Spent already many hours playing it. The atmosphere of Ro2 is great.

The cover system is top notch.

Xeno