Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Ninja'd.

Edited by Smurf

YouTube version for those that don't like GameTrailers video system :

ByzxpwR7RWA

Yep it was just the footage the textures look much higher quality from a direct screen capture.

RO2 is going to be (enter cliche word) EPIC! :yay:

Need moar friends to play it with at launch!!!!!!

Yep it was just the footage the textures look much higher quality from a direct screen capture.

RO2 is going to be (enter cliche word) EPIC! :yay:

Need moar friends to play it with at launch!!!!!!

You have me? :D

First of all, i'd like to thank TWI for allowing me to do this.

I have been playing the beta for a while now and asked if i could do a bit of a preview on the game for Tangodown.nl (which owns redorchestra.nl too), as well as include a couple of screenshots, so here it is :)

Read it here:

http://www.redorchestra.nl/heroes-of-stalingrad/red-orchestra-2-beta-hands-on-preview/

I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Gameplay video on GT looks way way too hollywood-ish

That's strange for a game that claims to be realistic

It's just something like CS by gaming feeling. Unlike ARMA2 or upcoming Liberation 44, that could be a real war simulation with more armors, vehicles, troops in the map at the same time. And with their mission editor, lots of new fights and battles could be created. So RO seems not to suit my taste and not interested in shooting only.

Edited by FKPLACE

Yes but indefineable fun factor is here and I'm pretty sure most fun people here would agree with me.

Gameplay video on GT looks way way too hollywood-ish

That's strange for a game that claims to be realistic

So you'd show 1 1/2 minutes of the same scene? The guys from TWI want to lure in new players to the franchise (like me) and it seems that they're doing a pretty good job.

It's just something like CS by gaming feeling. Unlike ARMA2 or upcoming Liberation 44, that could be a real war simulation with more armors, vehicles, troops in the map at the same time. And with their mission editor, lots of new fights and battles could be created. So RO seems not to suit my taste and not interested in shooting only.

lol, you know that RO tanks do not blow up, when hit by 1 shell? They have proper penetration on tanks, hit one crewmember with the shell and he's dead, hit the ammo compartement and the tank blows up.

Edited by Mr. Charles

Yeah in fact the tanks of RO are quite a lot more realistic than those in ArmA 2, and the infantry simulation is pretty spot on too with its several hitzones.

For example, you can shoot someone in the heart and he will drop instantly but shoot him in the stomach and he is most likely to go into 'slow death'-mode.

And then there is ofcourse proper bullet penetration for stuff. If you read my preview i posted here yesterday you'll notice how i was able to shoot someone through the ceiling. THE CEILING!

I've yet to see ArmA to accomplish this. Or blindfiring mechanics.

And yes, some gameplay footage looks very run and gun. That's because most of these journalists are pretty used to call of duty tactics and naturally try to employ them in RO2 too. Sometimes they will get a kill, sure, but most of what i've seen so far from the gameplay trailers they get shot right after.

Several previews i've read are still very afraid of the learning curve because 'the RO faithful never miss'. Which you can read as 'i should improve my playstyle' :P

The gameplay looks, to me, just about identical to Battlefield 1942. Which is no bad thing in itself :)

So you'd show 1 1/2 minutes of the same scene? The guys from TWI want to lure in new players to the franchise (like me) and it seems that they're doing a pretty good job.

see below

lol, you know that RO tanks do not blow up, when hit by 1 shell? They have proper penetration on tanks, hit one crewmember with the shell and he's dead, hit the ammo compartement and the tank blows up.

See while they try to make this kind of stuff realistic - at the same time it looks rather like a fluff added to the usual arcade teamdeathmatch game which is what I mean. Surely details like these are nice but overall it doesn't give me an impression that this game will offer me something other TDM shooters won't.

It isn't a bad thing of course, but it isn't what people claim the game is.

I am not exactly a military buff here, but what is that rifle that shoots bursts?

Well how many Tanks do they have? 2? I think BIS would provide us with a proper tank interiour and penetration if we had only two Tanks in the Game...

Well how many Tanks do they have? 2? I think BIS would provide us with a proper tank interiour and penetration if we had only two Tanks in the Game...

There are the Panzer IV and T34/85, more tanks follow in later DLCs (free).

I am not exactly a military buff here, but what is that rifle that shoots bursts?

Which one? you probably seen AVT-40 ,which is fully automatic variant of SVT-40

It was already possible to kill separate crew members back in OFP 10 years ago by attacking the tank (OFP also had interiors, it's just strange BIS doesn't bother to model them anymore - OFP didn't have just 2 tanks)

Maybe BIS should have 2 tanks in the game because the current ones are just jokes modelling/simulation wise.

I just mean what you really want from a game. It depends personally. Of course, RO & ARMA series are different types and they focus on different features as well. I wont say which is better or not since that wont get any results. And only say what I'm personally interested in a military simulation game. ARMA just suits me much more. For RO fans or for both of them, of course, you justify your choices anyway.

It was already possible to kill separate crew members back in OFP 10 years ago by attacking the tank (OFP also had interiors, it's just strange BIS doesn't bother to model them anymore - OFP didn't have just 2 tanks)

1. proper references for interiors are very hard to find, especially for the russian side of things

2. Having them in just for the looks of it (which was the case for OFP back in the day, especially if you compare it with RO2 ones) it's a bit pointless.

Maybe BIS should have 2 tanks in the game because the current ones are just jokes modelling/simulation wise.

Simulation wise, maybe

Modelling wise? care to explain

IF BIS would have only 2 tanks (say m1a2 and t90) on the same level of RO, i am pretty you would be one the first persons who would whine about it...

RO2's interiors are for the looks as well

You are not getting a real simulation there either

Of course if BIS was to buy eSim... (one can only dream)