Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

So what? In few days or weeks you will have everything unlocked and the game will be a "normal" one.

that would be like having to unlock your boots for ARMA3

TBH i dont really care. Even the Digital Deluxe thingy is a bargin at £23.99

ORDERED!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee:p:p:o:o

Meh, any kind of Beta and unlocked goodies are a bonus... even if they dont come off i'm not worried.

I dont mind giving tripwire a couple of extra ££.

So you have to unlock those 4 weapons, a bayonet, and a drum mag. Sounds an awful lot like CoD.

The weapons are unlocked as Hero weapons so you don't end up with everyone running about with these weapons (if I recall correctly, heroes have both advantages and disadvantages)

The bayonets you get anyway if you own Ostfront.

The drum mag and Mp40/II are just a part of their unlock system. There's nothing new about unlocking things by ranking up, I don't understand why if something has unlocks it's immediately criticized, and people stay saying "It sounds like CoD"

Nobody has even given this thing a chance, everyone goes on saying they need to do more, try new things and innovate. But the moment they do anything that's also anything like what is in 1 other brand they get so much criticism.

Trust in indie developers, and those developers that know what they are doing with their own series. It's not as if they're going to add something that'd screw the series over.

Edited by Ben_S

The drum mag and Mp40/II are just a part of their unlock system. There's nothing new about unlocking things by ranking up, I don't understand why if something has unlocks it's immediately criticized, and people stay saying "It sounds like CoD"

Maybe it's just because some recent games have really gone overboard with unlocking, but I think it's because of the elitist attitudes here where anything that's very game-like (as opposed to highly sim-like) is bad.

Unlocks for the sake of having unlocks like any other game or to emcourage pre-orders is stupid.

Unlocks that serve a purpose like encouraging teamwork is good.

Battlefield 2142 has a nearly perfect unlock system, The more teamwork stuff you did the more points you earned to unlock weapons.

Unlocking is just a trend. TWI wants sales so they implemented it.

I highly doubt the gameplay differs because of this.

Unlocks for the sake of having unlocks like any other game or to emcourage pre-orders is stupid.

They are merely day 1 unlocks for pre-orders, but you can still get them by playing the game normally.

I cannot complain about their methods because Tripwire is similar to BIS in the fact that they really put support behind their titles!

I frankly cannot wait to try the beta. I really liked what Red Orchestra 1 played like and I'm sure I'll enjoy Red Orchestra 2.

about the beta...

it's pretty clear it's actually just a "demo" in hopes of boosting sales.

I'm still getting it anyway, I just hope we get it a few days before the game releases...

For the love of roasted bananas the forum noobs are actually requesting Halo-esque game modes for multiplayer........

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm actually completely shocked that I haven't seen a "Will RO2 have Capture the Flag?" thread yet.........

I think it is going to be a great tactical action shooter.

For a start, cover will actually mean something. Unlike most shooters around.

Effective cover is something that is essential in a tactical shooter. In most of the mainstream games, if you take cover, you will soon have your head blown off by a sniper.

Its a game that will get your blood pumping and make you have to think about strategy. What's so wrong with that?

To be honest, ARMA2 has become too bogged down by pedantic "realism freaks" who are more concerned, with the exact ballistics of a .45, than they are with tactics and strategy. Got help you, if you mention, actually enjoying the game you play.

Ordered too.

Edited by householddog

we need to unlock a grade for ... a BAYONNET what the flying fuck ? did these guys lost thier minds or what, did they think all of these russian and german soldier charging without a bayonnet ? that's the most god damn retarded idea i've ever seen

we need to unlock a grade for ... a BAYONNET what the flying fuck ? did these guys lost thier minds or what, did they think all of these russian and german soldier charging without a bayonnet ? that's the most god damn retarded idea i've ever seen

/Rage?

I guess if you put 10 hrs into it, you've unlocked everything, so what's the big deal. There will also be neough unranked servers, which have everything unlocked.

People love drama...

/Rage?

I guess if you put 10 hrs into it, you've unlocked everything

10 hours ? ... mrf, that's short so ok, but i still prefer the i-have-everything-i-want-nao thing

and yeah /rage

Well, to be fair, the bayonet unlock is only in the "relaxed" realism servers.

If you play on custom servers or "realism" servers then you won't have to unlock things.

I read somewhere that this game is only playable through steam, anybody can confirm? If so, they just lost me as a customer, since i'll never do steam ever, too bad.

Steam only, bye bye...

Unlocks will not effect the game play/balance.

RO was made, then achievements were added, a lot of people moaned & groaned but at the end of the day "the game remains the same".

Have faith people.

Steam only, bye bye...

I never got the hate against Steam, I've never encountered any real issues. (A few text chat ones where the text is typed backwards in chats, problems with servers being overloaded and such) but nothing that I ever found to be more of a "oh dear, oh well, carry on" moment.

Ah hell, I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition. It was 20% off, like it or not. I usually buy the hard copy which I define as having long time replay value, but this was probably one of the few exceptions. The Euro is cheap these days so that's a plus.

So now apparently half of TWI forum newbies think you can tell the location of shooter by where you feel the bullet hit your body.

yeah I'm sure when you get shot in your lungs while patrolling through a city you'll be cognitively calculating where the shot came from..........

I have no hope for humanity

So now apparently half of TWI forum newbies think you can tell the location of shooter by where you feel the bullet hit your body.

yeah I'm sure when you get shot in your lungs while patrolling through a city you'll be cognitively calculating where the shot came from..........

I have no hope for humanity

1 Guy = 1/2 the TWI forum?

Exaggeration much?

1 Guy = 1/2 the TWI forum?

Exaggeration much?

two, maybe 3

and I said forum newbies.

;)

I just want the beta to come out so I can stab people and destroy buildings.

We have to announce that the release date for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is shifting back two weeks to September 13, 2011. While we understand the fans are clamoring to get their hands on the game, we felt we needed the extra two weeks to get it right and add the extra polish the game (and the players) deserve.

:(