Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

It's hard to take you serious when you were like one of the major OFP: DR fan boys on the Consolemasters forums last year.

I have to agree with you. TWI has lost my respect with the incorporation of UAVs and now Mkb 42s that they said were used in Stalingrad. The only reason they are going to add this is so they can cater to the COD/CS:S kiddies.

If I was a OFP: DR fanboy I wouldn't be permanently banned by the fanboy moderators. Mkb42's were used in Stalingrad, the recon plane takes minutes to come, can be shot down, and only spots units in the open. Go back to your troll cave pls.

That stuff about the germans running with the rifle in one hand is ridiculous..

Why's that ? I think it's kinda cool, accurate and sure will save some people from friendly fire.

Graphism aren't great but well who gives a shit we play tactical shooters, great animations, well made ragdoll, dismemberments I think RO features quite nice enough good looking features already...

Knowing well RO I'm already very enthusiastic by what I've read, the features list is awesome.

It's hard to take you serious when you were like one of the major OFP: DR fan boys on the Consolemasters forums last year.

The pot calling the kettle black .. -_-'

Edited by dunedain

Will be there tanks in the game or it will be infantry only ?

EDIT

Sry..didnt see the trailer=)

Edited by DenisRUS

You also don't seem to realize that there will be relaxed-realism and full-realism modes.

We all know how that turned out with Consolemaster's OFP DR.

The pot calling the kettle black .. -_-'

I was never a fan boy of or a forum members of OFP DR.

Would you stop comparing TWI with Conmasters? Jesus, it's not like the TWI team is being run by Sion Lenton.

I think you are being way to prejudiced.

Also, as Leopardi says it will be a pc-only game so there is no need to simplify the game. Next to that TWI knows what made the original RO stand apart and sell so well.

A lot of the new features already offer us more things realism-wise than the original RO did, and offer a real improvement.

There are some dubious things that i dont feel sure about either, including the recon plane, but comparing it to CoD, CS, or any other arcade shooter is an assumption too quickly made.

For one, you can see the recon plane coming and hide yourself from it. If that is not an option, you can shoot it down. Even if it does spot you and you cant get it down in time, at first only the commander can see you on a minimap. After a while, the squad leaders will get to see you on the map, to simulate the commander relaying info to the SL's. A while after that all players get to see your location on the map. For the longest period of time, only 1 up to 3 players will be able to see you, and when they come to find you and arrive at your location 9 times out of 10 you will already have moved on somewhere else.

If anything, it could be used by you to ambush other players who come looking for you and in that regard the recon plane can be used both ways.

Obviously with a game the scale of RO:HOS there comes development costs which need to be accounted for. Simply put, that means RO:HOS needs to sell a certain amount of copies to get out of debt and make a profit.

It is because of this that a relaxed realism mode is put in, which says nothing about weapon strenght or any gameplay functionality other than extra HUD-elements helping a new player on his way. Which, in the old RO, could take several months.

However, notice the realism in 'relaxed realism'. It means realism with some extra helpers, not run and gun COD arcade.

Personally i am not thrilled about it either because i know you CAN master RO despite the learning curve. The learning curve is one of the things that drew me in, so the Lord knows i dont need a relaxed realism mode or any helpers of any kind. But from a business point of view, i can respect TWI's choice. It is not more than logical.

HOWEVER, this does not mean that TWI will pull off an OF:DR, GRAW or Vegas on us.

New video? Released thursday.

Looks like fallen heroes map. Yea fun but small map.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-red-orchestra/704271

Waiting till 2011 is going to be hard!

well Red Orchestra and particular the DH mod on 29th server(free download at steam) is gonna keep me busy anyway. :yay:

If you havent played DH on 29th server you dont know what you are missing. Great maps, great people to play with usually.

One thing overall I like with Red Orchestra is that players use VOIP alot, which by the way works flawless, no need for a third-party program or that you are required to have or use a headset + mick + that everybody can hear it obviously.

Edited by PrivateNoob

very nice ,

considering you can do perfect compare between actual RO:OST map and the upgraded one for RO:hOS

Yeah this game is looking very good, Im still worried about the AI it looks dumber then bricks.

Graphically though the game is amazing and I like the animation and physics alot so far, especially when he sniped the first guy 1:1 in realism

Yeah this game is looking very good, Im still worried about the AI it looks dumber then bricks.

Graphically though the game is amazing and I like the animation and physics alot so far, especially when he sniped the first guy 1:1 in realism

I wouldn't be too worried about the AI, multiplayer is the main thing.

Multiplayer Co-op is the main thing for me, so AI is still very important. It rendered the previous iteration of the game useless.

Which was a pity at the time and would be again as the rest of the game looks glorious.

Edited by Baff1

The first game was not made or intended for SP.

So, MP is the first and foremost direction of RO.

There is no need what so ever, to debate this !

Let's face it, the Bot's in UnrealE are shyte !!!

Don't even try to tempt me with an apple.:yay:

Game 2, as I like to call it, is also directed to wards a MP environment/ game-play.

Being a Fan Boy myself, I do have high hopes, (even if teh game it ain't got the right gun's, in the right timescale):aa:

They do have some HOT programmers over at TWI, keeping this in mind, I am simply waiting to see what they can pull out of the Hat, this time !

As for the Graphics, NP.

speak for yourself I dont do PVP

I do coop vs AI

I do coop vs AI

flash is coop any good ? fun experiance? I've only done pvp be interesting to give coop a go.

They do have some HOT programmers over at TWI, keeping this in mind, I am simply waiting to see what they can pull out of the Hat, this time

FACEPALM

As stated by Ramm, that girl is their office manager and not a programmer.

Human vs. Bots = ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZ

FACEPALMHuman vs. Bots = ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZ

My opinion is law communist scum now to Gitmo you go. :yay:

:j:

@Jazza

I havent played Red Orchestra in a long time, actually really never even played it saw how horrible the AI was went on PVP nothing but crap and hackers so I stop playing, but ill get this one since the guys over at TI are absoluetly awesome sauce.

I do coop vs AI

real players are better in this kind of game

FACEPALM

As stated by Ramm, that girl is their office manager and not a programmer.

I was is no way referring to the office manager. Your comment deserves a simple FPDR, thanks.

For me, any time they spend on AI and SP campaigns will have been pretty much wasted. That kind of thing is mildly diverting for ten minutes here and there.

Only the very best games are suitable for competitive PvP. When you get one of those, why play against bots? It's not going to be like Arma 2, where you have massive maps and missions with infinite variety. It's your opponents - and specifically how they work together as a team - that bring variety to RO.

I do coop vs AI

Original RO, as well as original game engine it comes from, was primarily intended for PvP. I wouldn't expect too much, if any, on AI part on this game. Meaning it wouldn't be my "awaited game for 2011" if I'd play coop mode exclusively.

Expect the sequel to not be for you, tbh

I havent played Red Orchestra in a long time, actually really never even played it saw how horrible the AI was went on PVP nothing but crap and hackers so I stop playing, but ill get this one since the guys over at TI are absoluetly awesome sauce.

Funny, i played RO during mod days and from the very second the retail game got released, and i have never witnessed anything that even remotely resembles a hack. I have seen however a great amount of people sucking at the game ;) simply because they expect it to be like every other online shooter and try to maintain that playstyle.

Do remember that if you start now, a lot of the current players have YEARS of experience before you. They WILL rape you.

However accusing somebody of hacking in RO is akin to calling somebody a camper in RO :p

There are some tards online these days however, since most of the old community have moved on to other games (yet frequently return because RO offers something other games just dont). However, if you stay away from the Ärische Kamper server, you should be fine. (Seriously, AK server just blows. I went on there a couple of times, but it seems it is a server run by a neonazi group of 15 year olds).

Oh, and playing an online only shooter against bots. Wow. Just wow :p

I dont know how you expected anything good to come from that.

Offline isnt called practice mode for no reason. Bots are target practice, nothing more. They might just as well be made out of cardboard :p

there were some cheats here and there in RO/RO:OST but it was rare ...

there weren't that many public releases and most of the cheaters moved on easier gamers

My Post was eaten by Retarded automatic system update POP up windows, while typing these fucking windows will pop up and when I click space because you only see it for a milisecond (it makes itself priority which I think is absoluetly retarded) it restarts my computer and deletes all my work I currently had.

Looking everywhere on my computer to kill all these windows updates and Shitty Scam Norton ones aswell.

anyways my reply was

bought RO liked it was only 20 bucks

i will buy ROHOS because it will be better in everyway and have a campaign

There needs to be more WW2 that are actually good like RO.

Looking everywhere on my computer to kill all these windows updates and Shitty Scam Norton ones aswell.

You use Norton? lol I would never visit the forums again If I admitted to using noobware.