Sign in to follow this  
meuhey

I have a question

Hi, this game look awesome reminds me of ofp. I wanted to know if in this game it will be possible to not follow the campaing and just do whatever scenario I want? For exemple, I want to be a civilian trying to escape/survive from the military forces, like going into the woods hunting and making a small fire/camp. I always was an infantry only in ofp and sometimes in the mission I could just run away and explore the enormous map. I hope its doable as I never really liked to be a squad leader and command others in OFP and pretty much all of the missions requires squad play. Let's pray the multiplayer will be good so maybe I could enjoy missions more.

You can do that in ArmA2 as well. Nothing stops you from exploring the country, the best way to do this is starting the editor and place yourself as a playable unit with an vehicle of your choice. :)

but will there be military factions and civilians doing what they ahve to do??? Can battles against factions occurs in a editor???

but will there be military factions and civilians doing what they ahve to do??? Can battles against factions occurs in a editor???

From what I've read, Arma2 will have special logic objects that will activate certain features of the game, such as an active civilian population. So you can set yourself in the editor, place a single logic object and voila - you can walk around a living map. At least that's the example I've read.

Military factions you will probably have to place yourself though. In general, any unit you encouter in the campaign should be placeable in the editor, so you can create any kind of scenario you want.

@Meuhey

Once you get a little bit experienced with the editor and script implementation you can use scripts that dynamically add populous to the map. It's possible that the out-of-the-box campaign will have what your looking for, but if it's not there it's very possible for this to be made.

In OFP someone made a SP mission called "forgotten solders", same principal. in ArmA I made a few COOP missions that have civilian, domestic security, and national security forces occupying and patrolling all over south sahrani.

i just bought arma on steam, the editor is pretty empty Id have to make all the scenario but i'm not good modder. what is exactly a warfare map???

Welcome to the joy of editing. However since this is the ArmA2 forum it would be totally off-topic to discuss ArmA editing questions here.

For your first steps I recommend you read the excellent Editing Guide by Mr-Murray, it answers a lot of your questions. If you run into problems you still can use the ArmA Editing Forum.

thank you vary much moderator and sorry for the offtopic, i will now try the first mission of arma! I hope arma 2 has dynamic ai!!!!

thank you vary much moderator and sorry for the offtopic, i will now try the first mission of arma! I hope arma 2 has dynamic ai!!!!

No! Dont play the ArmA1 campaign! It will completely ruin all your hopes for ArmA2! :eek:

i cannot even pass the first mission i need some trackir, not enough field of view : /