Sign in to follow this  
Alphadelta

Project 85 mission - Porto Assault

I couldn't find any Project 85 or campaigns missions, so I made this myself. It's a mission by mission campaign set that will be updated with a new mission every day or two.

Sorry there's no fancy intro or outro cutscenes, speech or infact any form of scripting.

MISSIONS 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uz6yld

MISSION 1 - Porto Assault - Day 1/14:00:

West German airbourne and regular army forces have landed on the Soviet protectorate of Porto. You and your squad of GRU Spetznas will use small craft to insert on the north eastern tip of the island. Once inserted, clear the town of Largo and move inland assaulting the German strong points along the axis of advance.

• Move quickly and quietly into the town of Largo and attack Objective 1.
  • Use the cover of the forest as you advance forward into a covered position to attack Objective 2.
  • Move slowly and assault the enemy infantry squad to the south at Objective 3.
  • Finally move on the enemy camp at Objective 4 be aware that your assault will be met by covering fire from a small enemy position to the rear.

SCREENSHOTS:

The plan

ad_porto_assault_01.jpg

The insertion

ad_porto_assault_02.jpg

The formation

ad_porto_assault_03.jpg

The silent take-down

ad_porto_assault_04.jpg

The death

ad_porto_assault_05.jpg

Edited by Alphadelta

The advance

ad_porto_assault_06.jpg

The stalker

ad_porto_assault_07.jpg

The preperation.

ad_porto_assault_08.jpg

Edited by Alphadelta

Nice simple fun mission!

Thanks for sharing Alphadelta!. :)

I got as far as the last objective, yet finally was gunned down.

Quite strong hostile resistance. :D

It is nice to play with P85 weapons and feel their weight, recoil etc.

You may want to post a note in the P85 thread too.

Thanks for trying it out. Glad you enjoyed it! I've found there to be quite a firefight taking OBJ's 2 and 3. OBJ4 is a PITA. They have a well concealed MG and a supporting MG in the rear left quarter. There's also an enemy marksman in north covering the ridge you must advance along.

It is nice to play with P85 weapons and feel their weight, recoil etc.

Yeah the P85 weapons are something else! You can really feel the difference between a G3 and an AK74.

I'll post the mission on the P85 thread now.

Cheers

Edited by Alphadelta

Great mission, it's great fun. Good work.

Downloading now. Sounds like some real fun to be had.

Thanks for creating this and sharing it!

:)

Thank you and I look forward to more :)

yes, thank you very much :)

we also work on missions, the more missions, the more fun

thanx agaaaaain :)

Glad you all like it. I'm happy to get feedback. So I've decided to extend this into a 6 mission set/campaign.

I'll release it mission by mission. Mission 2 occurs litterally seconds after the end of mission 1.

MISSION 2 - Porto counter-attack - Day 1/17:55

The West German forces that you forced off the ridge are retreating North West in panic. Its imperative that we cut them down before they can report back to HQ and inform their supperiors that we are only a recon force. It's likely that we'll be facing a fierce counter attack from the remaining platoons of the airbourne company to the west. Hold your ground and prevent them from over-running your ridgeline. Armour and mechanized infantry have been spotted to the South of Porto and it's probable that if their infantry attack fails, they'll move their remaining armour on your position. If this happens pull back to Largo and join up with the Naval Spetznas forces that have deployed to Largo.

• Cut-down the retreating airbourne squad to the west at Objective 1.
  • Prevent the remaining airbourne platoons from over-running your position on the ridge at Objective 2.
  • If armour is spotted, retreat back to Largo and link up with the Spetznas forces at Objective 3
  • Hold the town of Largo at Objective 4 and use the heavy weapons to stop the enemy armour.

SCREENSHOTS:

The fighting retreat

ad_porto_counter_01.jpg

The lack of mercy

ad_porto_counter_02.jpg

The ridgeline

ad_porto_counter_03.jpg

The camp

ad_porto_counter_04.jpg

Edited by Alphadelta

Note: I spent quite a lot of time on this one. I wrote a custom artillery script that links the firing of artillery pieces with the impacts they produce. I even wrote a script that makes the enemy search lights scan certain sectors.

Again this mission carries directly on from the previous mission starting shortly after the second mission finished. I hope you enjoy it.

MISSION 3 - The Guns of Porto - Day 1/19:15:

German heavily artillery has been air-lifted onto the Island and has started to Pound Largo. We must destroy this artillery before it destroys our bridge head. Currently we don't have air assets in the area, so this will be an infantry attack.Your first task is take out an enemy O.P (Observation point) that is being used to direct artillery on Largo. Once it's gone you'll be clear to move on the enemies checkpoint. Wait there while reserve forces move up to relieve you. Move through the junkyard and into Porto, locate and destroy the enemy artillery before joining our Observation point overlooking the enemy controlled ridge. You have two demolition experts on your team who will destroy the M109's.

• Move quietly through the forest to the South and clear the enemy observation point at Objective 1.
  • Advance on the enemy checkpoint at Objective 2 and wipe out any resistance.
  • Hold at Objective 3 and wait for relief to arrive.
  • Move through the junk yard and use the cover to advance upon the town entrance. Push through at Objective4.
  • Locate and destroy the three M109A3 artillery pieces at Objective 5 using your demolition experts.
  • Finally enter our observation point at Objective 6 and observe enemy movements.

SCREENSHOTS:

The Plan

ad_porto_gunsofporto_01.jpg

The aftermath

ad_porto_gunsofporto_02.jpg

The team

ad_porto_gunsofporto_03.jpg

The check point

ad_porto_gunsofporto_04.jpg

Edited by Alphadelta

The spotted

ad_porto_gunsofporto_05.jpg

The small guns

ad_porto_gunsofporto_06.jpg

The medium guns

ad_porto_gunsofporto_07.jpg

The Guns of Porto

ad_porto_gunsofporto_08.jpg

thank You very much for popularisation and playing our mod

Very nice work, Porto is a beautiful map, and project85 is just excellent.

it is great to see missions for both porto and P85.

regards./

Thanks for testing the missions gents. Any feedback? I'm interested about how difficult you find them.

thank You very much for popularisation and playing our mod

No problem Vilas. Feel free to include my campaign with your mod if you are struggling to find other mission makers. :)

Note: Mission 4 is a spotting mission. Your task is to direct artillery onto a ridgeline.

MISSION 4 - The High Ground - Day 2/04:30:

The ridgeline running to your east is garrisoned by the remaining German forces on the Island. Over-night they strengthened their positions and reinforced their defenses. Fortunately, high commanded had the forsight to air-lift a pair of 2S1 122MM artillery pieces on to the Island. From your position you have the best view of the defenses.

Your responsibility in this mission will be to direct artillery fire onto their fortified positions using your hand-held radio. The first task will be to bring artillery fire onto their battery of M119's. This battery has a direct view on our attack path and with it destroyed, advancing will be much faster. Once the enemy battery is destroyed you must radio HQ and declare that we are free to advance to Phase Line Blue. You are then free to choose targets at your discretion. Once you feel resistance has been weakened enough, inform HQ via radio that we are clear to advance to Phase Line Green and the engagement will begin. The enemy has a reserve in the rear guarding supplies. If they feel pressed this reserve will be pushed onto the ridge. They must be destroyed.

The artillery fire coordinates and round type are controlled through the radio found on your map window. Coordinates are moved in increments of 10 meters. You should use smoke to spot fall of your rounds before requesting HE (High explosive). You can also start and stop the artillery using the radio. You have 60 HE rounds at your disposal and as many smoke rounds as you require.

• Use the artillery to take out the enemy battery at Objective 1.
  • Call our forces forward to Phase Line Blue and destroy any resistance at Objective 2.
  • Call our forces forward to Phase Line Green and destroy any resistance at Objective 3.
  • Crush the remaining reserve forces at Objective 4

SCREENSHOTS

The plan

ad_porto_highground_01.jpg

The previous night's work

ad_porto_highground_02.jpg

The debate

ad_porto_highground_03.jpg

The fog of war

ad_porto_highground_04.jpg

Edited by Alphadelta

The lone ranger

ad_porto_highground_05.jpg

The spotter

ad_porto_highground_06.jpg

The Audrey Murphy wannae

ad_porto_highground_07.jpg

The close proximity.

ad_porto_highground_08.jpg

1920 x 1200 FullHD ;-)

Click on the picture to enlarge.

arma1s.jpg

arma2s.jpg

arma3s.jpg

arma4s.jpg

arma5s.jpg

Nice screenshots!! :) Hope you enjoyed the missions. Did you try 3 and 4 yet?

Number 5 coming very soon.

MISSION 5 - Smash and Grab - Day 2/06:10:

The German forces have been retreating off the island all morning. At this point we have no clear idea where they're heading and we want to find out. Porto is being controlled by the Island militia, loyal to the foreign forces. They are poorly armed and lack heavy weapons. One of our agents has reported that today there will be a meeting between a German Colonel and a rebel officer. We believe this meeting will takeplace on a roof-top position down by the docks. You are going to insert at LZ-Xray, move through the town, find the enemy officers. Kill the rebel officer and take the German captive. Continue east, clearing AAA threats until you reach LZ-Zulu. You will be extracted by helicopter.

• Insert Via Mi-17 at LZ-XRay.
  • Take out the checkpoint at Objective 2.
  • Move to the target building at the Target Building and execute the rebel leader. Don't kill any foreign nationals!
  • Caputure the enemy colonel at the Target Building.
  • Clear the staging point of potential AAA threats Objective 5
  • Extract via Mi-17 at LZ-Zulu

SCREENSHOTS

The plan

ad_porto_smashandgrab_01.jpg

The Chopper

ad_porto_smashandgrab_02.jpg

The boys

ad_porto_smashandgrab_03.jpg

The final turn

ad_porto_smashandgrab_04.jpg

The insertion