Sign in to follow this  
celery

CLY PVP missions (beta)

yeah, know these sites already, but first i need to get a team together...playing alone isnt so much fun...:o

It doesn't support AI so you won't have any opposition in SP.

I know it doesnt... But is there a way?

I have a TVT and Some Opfor and Blufor AI on the map for fill They will fight each other but walk right past the Players... My mission will be finly done if i can get the Ai to shot at me... i have been Trying to get it to work for 2 days now.. Any help?

I know it doesnt... But is there a way?

I have a TVT and Some Opfor and Blufor AI on the map for fill They will fight each other but walk right past the Players... My mission will be finly done if i can get the Ai to shot at me... i have been Trying to get it to work for 2 days now.. Any help?

Remove _unit setCaptive true in spawn.sqs.

Remove _unit setCaptive true in spawn.sqs.

i tried that.... the Freindly AI shoots me as i spawn

i tried that.... the Freindly AI shoots me as i spawn

If it's a team mission, I'd recommend removing the addRating command.

*sniff* *sniff*... do I smell Vodka! :D

EDIT: For all the lovers of Celerys maps/missions please go here and vote...

Edited by 76

*sniff* *sniff*... do I smell Vodka! :D

EDIT: For all the lovers of Celerys maps/missions please go here and vote...

You crack me up! :lol:

I'll probably make it for CAA1 at some point. What bothers me though is that all aircraft explode with the fury of a thousand suns, destroying all other aircraft within 15 meters, making close range dogfighting very bothersome.

Sorry for being a lazy pig for the past two months. To appease your wrath I'm pushing out Road Rage for A2 probably within the week. :)

I'm currently pondering if I should include a nitro boost feature similar to the rarely seen Road Rage v1.08 in Arma 1. The car will go faster when you press the appropriate key and it empties your fuel tank quickly. However, the handling feels a bit unnatural. Perhaps I'll make it a parameter option at first and see if it adds anything to the experience.

To appease your wrath I'm pushing out Road Rage for A2 probably within the week.

sweet

-Ziggy-;1576566']if you can get a turbo script to work on any wheeled vehicle other than a bicycle or motorcycle' date=' I would be VERY interested in knowing how.

coughStuntmancough...;)[/quote']

If you're in a hurry, here is what I've done so far:

cly_keypress.sqs

~0.1

CLY_key_roadrageaction=actionKeys "ToggleWeapons"+actionKeys "ReloadMagazine"

;Keyboard
findDisplay 46 displaySetEventHandler ["KeyDown","if ((_this select 1) in CLY_key_roadrageaction) then {CLY_roadrageaction=true}"]
findDisplay 46 displaySetEventHandler ["KeyUp","if ((_this select 1) in CLY_key_roadrageaction) then {CLY_roadrageaction=false}"]

;Re-check keys in case the player remaps them mid-game
#loop
~5
CLY_key_roadrageaction=actionKeys "ToggleWeapons"+actionKeys "ReloadMagazine"
goto "loop"

cly_turbo.sqs

_maxspeed=200

#start
@alive player and player!=vehicle player
_vehicle=(vehicle player)
CLY_roadrageaction=false

#loop
?!alive player or player==vehicle player:goto "start"
?!CLY_roadrageaction:_greenlight=1
?CLY_roadrageaction and getPos _vehicle select 2<0.1 and _greenlight==1:goto "turbo"
~0.1
goto "loop"

#turbo
?!alive player or player==(vehicle player):goto "start"
?fuel _vehicle<=0.01:_greenlight=0;goto "loop"
?(!CLY_roadrageaction or getPos _vehicle select 2>0.1 or speed _vehicle<2) and _greenlight==1:goto "loop"
_vel=velocity _vehicle
_dir=vectordir _vehicle
?speed _vehicle<_maxspeed and getPos _vehicle select 2<0.1:_vehicle setVelocity [(_vel select 0)+((_dir select 0)*5),(_vel select 1)+((_dir select 1)*5),(_vel select 2)+((_dir select 2)*5)];_vehicle setFuel (fuel _vehicle)-0.0025
~0.01
goto "turbo"

Sorry for being a lazy pig for the past two months. To appease your wrath I'm pushing out Road Rage for A2 probably within the week. :)

More than happy to wait, nitro would be nice but its not what makes Road Rage... Road Rage :)

Hows the 'Camel Rage' coming along.... have you found a way around the blast radius issue? must be a pain in the ass.

Good luck, PvP fans will be looking forward to it :)

Hows the 'Camel Rage' coming along.... have you found a way around the blast radius issue? must be a pain in the ass.

At the moment there's no way around it. The only hope is that BIS gets rid of the obligatory mid-air explosion (or makes it relative to fuel and ammo level like in A1) when an aircraft reaches 0 health.

Road Rage is ready for online testing. I'll make a download available on Sunday evening when I've found a relatively bug-free release candidate.

this time I have a dedicated server I can use for testing instead of me hosting using the server.exe

link removed

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

DM Road Rage v0.81 (beta)

Road Rage is a car deathmatch where you drive around in Chernogorsk shooting your enemies with rockets. You have to keep your speed above 30 km/h or your car catches fire and burns. There is a turbo feature that makes your car accelerate faster by pressing any key assigned to reload, toggle weapons or quick command. The turbo consumes fuel but you can refuel by jumping off the ramps or going through tunnels that also refill your ammunition.

>>Download<<

a2_rr1.jpg

a2_rr2.jpg

Possible known issue: The ending might not trigger for a reason I'm not sure of. I possibly fixed it for this version but can't be sure because the ending works on player-hosted servers and I don't have a dedicated one at my disposal.

Edited by Celery

Sweet!

Thank you :)

It's up on one of my servers for testing (USA PvP - No ACE) if anyone wants to try it. This particular server will most likely only be up a few more days so try it while you can. It's not in the auto-rotation (just in case it doesn't end properly like Celery stated) so vote yourself admin (#vote admin yourname) and select it. And have fun! ;)

My feedback:

I played it last night with one other person (who had a hard time figuring it out?). I had to explain how to spawn vehicles, etc... which I thought you did a fine job of putting in hints to explain it. So I didn't understand his problem...

I found the turbo button annoying, as I remapped a few keys (space bar mainly). I steer with A and D, which makes it hard to press R or F. I will probably configure a joystick just for this map, so don't change nothing on my account. I'll work around it.

Anyways, I liked it a lot. I was able to escape the perimeters though (I figured you intended for that not to happen) and was able to cruise around Chernarus ducking under bridges to keep my gas up.

Proper feedback would be more than 2 people playing it (with one getting frustrated and quitting), so I'm sorry I don't have more for you...

Thanks though for releasing it, I will keep trying to test it.

EDIT - Had 5 people playing and it was a blast. I agree with needing more ramps (as said below) and I realize now you didn't have the barriers blocking all the exits, just the roads. So disregard my comment about being able to sneak out.

Warning - watch out for flying jeeps!

arma2%202010-03-01%2011-57-34-65_resize.jpg

Edited by Mosh
more stuff

Played it today with 5 people. And I'd like to descibe the mission with a picture:

-> :yay: <-

Haven't had that much fun in a long time...

Extraordinary good job! :)

I suggest adding barriers to the docks to prevent/discourage driving into the water. More ramps please, they are more fun than driving under obstacles and are an easier to identify rearm/refuel point.

I will provide more feedback after a proper mp round.

its on the SBS server also... just vote yourself in as admin.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate all feedback and suggestions. More ramps it is then! ;)

Can anyone confirm if the ending works on dedicated servers?

I found the turbo button annoying, as I remapped a few keys (space bar mainly). I steer with A and D, which makes it hard to press R or F. I will probably configure a joystick just for this map, so don't change nothing on my account. I'll work around it.

I'm open to suggestions in assigning more actions to the turbo. Any action that has no use during driving can be assigned, however game controllers are still out because the user interface event handler doesn't return the true control ID on button press. With the mouse it was fairly easy to figure out by adding the primary mouse button ID to the returned button index, and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to do with joysticks and pads. I could map all controller buttons other than #1 to the turbo but I'd prefer a more sophisticated solution.

Anyways, I liked it a lot. I was able to escape the perimeters though (I figured you intended for that not to happen) and was able to cruise around Chernarus ducking under bridges to keep my gas up.

No borders was an intentional solution, the lax roadblocks are a gentle nudge to keep where the action is, since common sense dictates that you won't find anything to kill outside town. And if you're having an epic chase, I thought it best not to restrict it artificially.