Sign in to follow this  
celery

CLY PVP missions (beta)

This thread is for discussing my future pvp missions in Arma 2. I will release public beta versions here for evaluation.

Beta missions released:

Tequila Sunshine v0.86c

Ranch III v0.86c

UAV Rage v0.84

Road Rage v0.81

Deathmatch Plus v0.88

Shipment v0.89b

Vodka Fest v0.90a

Vanilla: Chernarus v0.90

Browse the thread for newer releases as I'm too lazy to update this post.

Edited by Celery

TDM Zombies!

Zombies vs. survivors team deathmatch. Zombies have heightened senses and physique.

Yes. :D

I never really got around to making a decent version of playable zombies in CZM (Dont know if Charonos added it in later versions but i doubt it). Anyway, if you need any zombie related help ill be around for ArmA2 as well. Seeing as 'reloading while moving' is a possibilty now 'punching while moving' or something similiar could make this pretty interesting/playable from a zombie POV.

DM Migrant

Freely roaming DM with large respawn moving to center of player mass.

Though i prefer TDM i really like this concept.

hhmmm Zombies in a large scale map :p

what to do what to do

Yes. :D

I never really got around to making a decent version of playable zombies in CZM (Dont know if Charonos added it in later versions but i doubt it). Anyway, if you need any zombie related help ill be around for ArmA2 as well. Seeing as 'reloading while moving' is a possibilty now 'punching while moving' or something similiar could make this pretty interesting/playable from a zombie POV.

I've already made DM Zombies! in Armed Assault with quite advanced zombie mechanics such as leaping, smelling, groaning and vulnerability only to headshots and fire. The TDM version is basically just an official change of game mode because the original mission was often played with teams anyway.

If animals are playable in A2, I will absolutely have a field day! :cool:

I can think of so many crazy ideas involving dogs, shotguns and animal on animal violence that I'd rather keep the wildest dreams to myself for now. :292:

Edited by Celery

Can't wait for hunting missions :D

How about some more objective based PvP missions?

Example, a USMC squad of 5 players must attack and destroy a radio tower being guarded by at least two times the amount of Spetsnaz. I've always wondered what CoD would be like if people actually patrolled an area carefully.

Edited by An-225

How about some more objective based PvP missions?

Example, a USMC squad of 5 players must attack and destroy a radio tower being guarded by at least two times the amount of Spetsnaz? I've always wondered what CoD would be like if people actually patrolled an area carefully.

I might make something vaguely similar in regard to gameplay mechanics but in my experience objective pvp is extremely hard to do properly in a way that fun is had by everyone. You have to remember that you can't set the skill level of players and that they will always expect actions that the other team needs to do in order to win. Designing a pvp mission is all about taking the human factor into account when it comes to rules and possibilities. Quick Counter-Strike style objective missions are a possibility.

bistudio.com

"Ever wondered what it’s like to be hunted like a wild boar? The Hunted challenge provides unique insight from an animal’s point of view. A ranger is on his way, but poachers are closing in on your tracks."

I think I came a little bit.

I was thinking about standard features to add to my missions and here are some easily implemented ones:

End stats

In addition to most kills, it's possible to show the best kill/death ratio, longest distance kill, most effective player (kills/time), best accuracy (kills/shots fired) and the likes. That way there can be many "winners" in addition to the number one player on the score board, not to mention multiple things you might want to achieve. I've already tried this in DM Long Range and some string related bugs aside it works fine.

Standardized script template with variable activation

It's mostly a technical feature but in the long run it saves time and makes it easier and faster to make the mission I want without having to write new scripts for each mission. In practise it means that all special stuff such as leg protection and healing, prone/camp restriction, accuracy/power boost and so on are all ready to be used in each mission file, activated with the flick of a boolean variable.

Also some experimental equipment that are theoretically possible with scripting (no mods required):

FAG 9000

A shotgun-type projectile launcher that flings a large and deadly slug at your enemies. The more you reload, the more you'll have ammo for it. In reality it's a flare launcher with script enhanced muzzle velocity making the flares deadly. I already made it in Armed Assault and it works fine save for unreliable kill detection.

Homing bunnies

Unleash a ferocious bunny that homes in on the nearest enemy it sees, hops to it and explodes in a magnificent manner. Alternatively it could be remotely controlled by the player if I can find a way to do it.

Heartbeat detector

You will get audible feedback based on how close you are pointing the thing at another player. It requires some advanced math scripting but it can be done. Unfortunately I'm not very advanced at mathematics.

Violator beam

As seen in Quake Wars. I've actually made it work in Armed Assault and let me tell you, it's awesome. Basically you paint a vector with a laser designator and a giant laser beam will come from the sky and demolish everything in its path (everything that has a classname that is). My only concern is how to make it work in multiplayer synchronization and kill detection-wise.

Remote controlled missile

If I can find out how to change the movement vector of rockets/missiles, this should be a piece of cake.

Edited by Celery

If you're in ET:QW things, plz, try for their whole artillery system. I love it (as I love the whole game)

If you're in ET:QW things, plz, try for their whole artillery system. I love it (as I love the whole game)

I've played the demo a couple of times and that's it. How is the artillery system special?

In ET:QW a field ops can place artillery in certain places, usually bases or camps. He can then go to the front line and use a kind of targeting laser to pick a target or position that the artillery should fire upon. Alternatively he can throw a an airstrike marker, which is basically a glorified smoke grenade.

EDIT: I just realized, I misinterpreted your question. I don't know how the ET:QW system is special, tbh.

lol @ violator beam :D its like the Ion cannon from C&C games where Gdi special weapon/support power :)

Well, it's like MadDogX described. It's "special" compared to a "point on map & clic for magic arty to kill your ennemies" system in that :

- there is a real artillery gun that can be disabled (nothing new compared to Warfare, there) and placed at will by field ops

- Artillery has range limitation (is it the case in warfare?)

- Engineering class of the opposite faction can put up anti-artillery turrets to protect a zone from artillery fire.

- you have to lock with your laser marker for a certain amount of time. Meaning you must go in the front and act as FAC, you can't stay in the back and get it working with impunity. Tbh, I've seen the same in public Warfare in ArmA with FAC directing arty and air fire, but I also liked ETQW version.

- artillery are of several types, there's 1 specific "anti-vehicle" artillery (not really artillery in this case, but ET:QW is not really realistic settings ;) ), firing a salvo of rockets spaced by few seconds each, which will follow your laser designator, meaning you can redirect the rocket in-flight. You can also lock the rocket targets on moving vehicles and don't bother aiming afterwards (kind of like the Hellfire LOAL mode)

The fact that ennemy can counter you and protect his most important assets kind of enhance teamplay (in fact, ETQW is full of gameplay done like that).

You can in turn counter the counter with different methods, ofc. Violator/Airstrike are amongst these methods (not blocked by anti artillery turrets)

Well, don't get me started on QuakeWars, I could go on and on for hours :D

Edited by whisper

That's an interesting system, I'll see if I can do it for some of my larger missions (if there will be any). The whole ETQW system definitely is worth checking out as a game mode for Arma 2.

If anyone is interested in seeing how my Violator works in Armed Assault, here's a YouTube link:

lol...great job Celery!..thats really violating! :D

This preview was quite an interesting read. It looks like I have to make a deathmatch on the carrier's deck, it just needs to be done. If the "outlands" are properly made in the final release, I might abuse it as well. The addition of plane countermeasures is a very interesting one and I'll probably make a proper jet deathmatch at long last because AA missiles aren't so overpowered anymore.

That's an interesting system, I'll see if I can do it for some of my larger missions (if there will be any). The whole ETQW system definitely is worth checking out as a game mode for Arma 2.

MCY should have gone ETQW instead of CoD4, honestly ;) Tried a bit to get the PS guys into it at that time, but not enough, aparently :)

Yes celery please make ARMA2 VODKA! Love that one and i can just imagine how awesome it will be... :)

72;1288010']Yes celery please make ARMA2 VODKA! Love that one and i can just imagine how awesome it will be... :)

Rahmadi is included in the game so you can be sure of that. :803:

Yeah DM VODKA is a must have!

Celery, let me place the objects and create the first buggy mission and then you can polish it again. ;)

@whisper: we played the ETQW demo and that was enough for us...:p

Of course, ETQW being for real men, & all, I can imagine ! ;)

/flex

(forward the msg to Jolly, of whom I'll go seeking infos, if his alpine bar is kicking asses or not)

How about animalz with laser beamz DM! :D :turn:

Isn't that a bit far fetched???