Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

This is a response to the message below... Placebo... I'm sorry, but I thoght my question will not be addressed in this 5000 page monster thread... this was the reason to post it in a separate thread...

Regards,

Markus

Edited by alpharesearch

As this is a TrackIR thread let's keep it to TrackIR please.

I would like to know how your TrackIR configuration for Arma 2 is.

The default hot keys are used by Arma 2, what keys do you use?

Also did you modify the default profile, changed any cures or do you use a different new profile? Is it possible to share the profile and settings.

Do you use all the axes, all the functions all the time or do you disable some things?

Thanks,

Markus

PS: I have the TrackIR 4 Pro with latest V4 software

My TrackIR has arrived this morning. Ordered last Sunday, shipped Monday and arrived today (Friday). It's all in one piece too which is even more awesome, looking forward to trying it out this evening.

Takes an hour or so to get use to it, but after that you won't want to play without it!

I am really tempted to buy a TrackIR....... everybody seems to be quite happy with.

Do you guys only use it for flying or also for ground combat?

i was happy with it , but it not work any more in arma2 !!!!

i dont what happen , still work in arma 1

I am really tempted to buy a TrackIR....... everybody seems to be quite happy with.

Do you guys only use it for flying or also for ground combat?

I find my TrackIR is useful for all sorts of things I didn't consider when I bought it. Originally I wanted to get the ability to look around while flying planes and sure enough I found that it was awesome to be able to look to my left and right while turning away from having bombed something. Later I discovered how good it was in helicopters as you can hover and look around for the next target or look down to see where you're landing etc.

On the ground it has added a whole new dimension to the game, I can just look round to see what's going on while I'm moving without changing direction. Really really handy in wheeled vehicles as well.

Mine works in Arma 2, if your on vista or win 7 make sure your running the trackir and arma2 in administrator mode.

TrackIR still enabled inthe controller settings?

What OS are you using?

Made any changes to the system, since it was working?

Im happy to see someone from NaturalPoint actually checks these fourms, I wonder if they have seen a huge spike in sales since the release of Arma 2.

I know I ordered one on Tuesday specifically for Arma 2, should be here on monday and I hope it runs flawlessly.

Dslyecxi, great video.

I'd been looking for an excuse to get back into PC gaming, and arma2 is definitely it. Luckily, me PC is current enough to run it well enough.

I bough TIR 1 when it first come out and loved it. I had no problem getting used to it. The only real problem I had was explaining it to people. I remember getting some gaming mates to try it and I think we had a 25% failure rate.

Some people just can't handle it. And once someone has failed with TrackIR they tend not to want anyone else to enjoy it either. A little like ex smokers.

There are also people who don't understand the principle and seemingly don't want to. I don't know what it is about this peripheral, but it always seems to cause arguments in gaming communities. I remember similar negative comments 6-years-ago in the iL2 community forums. It was a three-way war between padlock, snap view and TIR users.

Personally, I like the immersion of TIR and I'd rather pay for that than spent time learning cumbersome keystroke combinations and all the infernal programing that seems to go with it.

Anyway, my TIR should arrive from RC Simulations tomorrow.

Edited by BigDukSixx

thanks guys working now ,administrator mode was off

if you make a new profiel in arma2 , always check the controller settings

cya

eddyD

What other game uses the TrackIR in a way as good as for Arma 2? It looks cool for Arma2 but paying 150$ US for one game seems a lot and I don't plan to use many planes or choppers so it would only be used when I'm on foot... I don't know another game that allows the player to move his head like in Arma 2. Worth the money?

Edited by Dreossk

What other game uses the TrackIR in a way as good as for Arma 2? It looks cool for Arma2 but paying 150$ US for one game seems a lot and I don't plan to use many planes or choppers so it would only be used when I'm on foot... I don't know another game that allows the player to move his head like in Arma 2. Worth the money?

Additionally, if you know of a game that's in development, and you think it would be a great fit for TrackIR, let me know. I'm continually scouring for new games to match with TrackIR, but community involvement in this process is a tremendous help. I can't ever guarantee support, as the ultimate decision is in the hands of developers, but I can convey the wishes of the TrackIR community, as well as the selling points for head tracking in games.

Mine works in Arma 2, if your on vista or win 7 make sure your running the trackir and arma2 in administrator mode.
Oddly enough TIR 5 beta 4 software doesn't need to be Administrator to work with Arma 2 I've found. TIR 4 software does. I'm running Win 7 x64 btw.

P

Oddly enough TIR 5 beta 4 software doesn't need to be Administrator to work with Arma 2 I've found. TIR 4 software does. I'm running Win 7 x64 btw.

P

I think the primary issue is that TrackIR.exe and ArmA 2 need to be run on the same permission level. So, if one is being run on admin, the other should be. But, I don't think that TrackIR inherently needs to be run as an admin on any OS, in general. Edited by NaturalPoint_Seth
Argh... Vincent beat me to it... again! :D

I would like to know how your TrackIR configuration for Arma 2 is.

The default hot keys are used by Arma 2, what keys do you use?

Also did you modify the default profile, changed any cures or do you use a different new profile? Is it possible to share the profile and settings.

Do you use all the axes, all the functions all the time or do you disable some things?

Thanks,

Markus

PS: I have the TrackIR 4 Pro with latest V4 software

I use a Mac keyboard that has F13-F15. Just enough for the 3 keys needed for TrackIR.

BigDukSixx: you will need to activate it under controllers ingame. atleast thats whats needed in the full game.

Dslyecxi: I use the TrackIR 4 with the software for TrackIR 5 and a lot of the improvements you are talkin about in your video are also present if you just update the software and dont go buy new hardware.

the tracking feels more responsive in software version 5, than the old one. and the way you can tweak the smoothness is great in the new version.

the biggest reason im seeing for going for TrackIR 5 is the FOV of the new hardware. the smaller FOV on TrackIR 4 can be a problem on bigger screens.

Edited by NeZz_DK