Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

If I had to point out one issue... I have the pro clip and my wireless headphones are now basically wired. But other than that minor complaint this thing is awesome.

Maybe it's time for me to invest in wireless USB hub?

It's only wired for power to the LEDs though right? Maybe some battery powered doohickey could be made for it.

It's only wired for power to the LEDs though right? Maybe some battery powered doohickey could be made for it.

Yes I have the Pro Clip wire plugged into my G15, so it's not a big issue... until I stand up and start walking.

EDIT - That is a good idea though... looking into possibilities. I'm sure it can be done.

EDIT AGAIN - http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Instant-Charger-Lithium-universal/dp/B002FU6KF2 was looking at this as an option, but not sure if it is too much power, don't want to fry anything...

Or I could just strap a laptop with USB ports to my back... :D

Edited by Mosh
stuff

It only needs USB power. I am sure a battery powered dohicky would work fine.

-X

I have my TrackClip Pro running from a battery pack and it works fine. The only problem is that it needs 4-AAA batteries; which add quite a bit of weight to my headphones (but they are just some cheapo Logitech ones).

So it IS possible (maybe NP will develop something similar in the future :bounce3: )

I have my TrackClip Pro running from a battery pack and it works fine. The only problem is that it needs 4-AAA batteries; which add quite a bit of weight to my headphones (but they are just some cheapo Logitech ones).

So it IS possible (maybe NP will develop something similar in the future :bounce3: )

I went ahead and ordered http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Instant-Charger-Lithium-universal/dp/B002FU6KF2. It will be here in a couple days and I'll let you all know how it works. Looks lighter than anything I could build myself.

The wire does bother me enough to not use the TrackIR until I get the battery... :o

EDIT - works great

Edited by Mosh
more stuff

I have a slight problem with TrackIR 5 in the command menus. It seems that the command cursor is tied to the TIR viewpoint in Arma2. This means when you turn your head the cursor moves as well. Unfortunatly the movement is sluggish and in conflict with the mouse making issuing commands very difficult. I tried the same thing in Arma 1 and it worked fine, with the mouse only controlling the cursor when commanding. Is there a setting somewhere I have misconfigured? Disabling TIR makes the commands work just fine.

Just to clarify this happens when you select a squad member with the F keys or when you go into command mode via the space bar or delete key.

i was hoping that by now this would be possible but dont know what other software /scrips you use besides the trackIR software to make it work..?

I have a slight problem with TrackIR 5 in the command menus. It seems that the command cursor is tied to the TIR viewpoint in Arma2. This means when you turn your head the cursor moves as well. Unfortunatly the movement is sluggish and in conflict with the mouse making issuing commands very difficult. I tried the same thing in Arma 1 and it worked fine, with the mouse only controlling the cursor when commanding. Is there a setting somewhere I have misconfigured? Disabling TIR makes the commands work just fine.

Just to clarify this happens when you select a squad member with the F keys or when you go into command mode via the space bar or delete key.

Are you running the latest version? I am sure it worked like this at one point but reverted back to the command reticule being only mouse controlled after an update.

I remember it well as I use the command cursor to keep my bearings some times while useing TrackIR and it was different between A2 and OA.

Bavvo: I think you have TrackIR linked to the wrong things in ARMA key bindings.

Should only be on view.

I have TrackIR5 and never had that happen

Cool, thanks. I have reset to defaults and that cured it. Just need to remap carefully now.

just got mine today and everytime i look left via the software or ingame it just zooms in, haven't a clue what I'm doing with it atm :d:

EDIT

Works fine when trackClip is selected in software, but has the dodgy zoom when trackClip Pro is selected (I am using the latter).

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;2238062']just got mine today and everytime i look left via the software or ingame it just zooms in' date=' haven't a clue what I'm doing with it atm :d:

EDIT

Works fine when trackClip is selected in software, but has the dodgy zoom when trackClip Pro is selected (I am using the latter).[/quote']

Do you wear glasses? I ask because I do for reading & computer, and I note that TrackIR will sometimes glitch a little in its movement because of reflections off the lenses. I angle my glasses down a little (by tucking the legs under the hat) and it's fine.

Also, don't forget to reset the view. I use the END key as it doesn't seem bound in any games I have using TrackIR.

You can verify what it's doing in the TrackIR software - it shows you the movement.

Do you wear glasses? I ask because I do for reading & computer, and I note that TrackIR will sometimes glitch a little in its movement because of reflections off the lenses. I angle my glasses down a little (by tucking the legs under the hat) and it's fine.

No I don't wear glasses, and I'm using the track clip pro.

It's all good now though guys, thanks for the help. Pro tip: don't put the sensors upside down :p

_______

Has anybody go some good profiles for ArmA 2 here?

I use Seth - FPS. I downloaded it from their forums. It's worked great so far, and of course you can tweak the profile to your liking.

Yeah I've been using that up until now had to adjust the speed of the tracking as its too little for me, I dont like using such huge head movements when in game.