Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Is TrackIR 5 still accurate without the use of a TrackClip, TrackHat, TrackVisor, whatever?

What do you mean? Some custom built IR rig?

I think he means with just the reflective dots that came with the original trackir.

You need a caps to put it on, any kind will do AFAIK. The trackhat is just that, a caps with a logo on it.

Edited by sparks50

Well If have question about err.. Su25 and Hind HUD-s. Are there any options that you can change HUD-s. I mean like you choose different hoods in helicopter/plane in action menu?

To be honest I don't like those HUD-s so much.. 1st they are identical. If I put google.com Su 25 HUD then first result will be this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/su%2025%20HUD/Balros/cockpit_su-25t.jpg or http://www.virtual-jabog32-mirror2.de/downloads/_pics/img_id125.jpg dunno about HIND-s because there isn't much info about it. 2nd thing is that it covers pretty much view. Make it more transparent could do a thing.

I would like to see better HUD-s but I'm not complain. Also in Internet there is pretty different models info and never knows which model dev's exactly used ;)

Edited by Mafia101

Dslyecxi have you set up or personalized a new TrackIr 5 profile to demonstrate the video?

If so, is it possible to download the same profile from somewhere?

Thanks.

Dslyecxi have you set up or personalized a new TrackIr 5 profile to demonstrate the video?

If so, is it possible to download the same profile from somewhere?

Thanks.

I've actually been using the default TIR5 profile, just with the sensitivity bumped up a fair amount. Works quite well. At some point I'm sure I'll customize it more, but right now this seems to be nice enough.

Ok, i thought you had made some sensitive adjustments to the default profile with quite caution.

I also scan sides a lot but i also like to know whats behind without moving the body. Though with this new software version 5 (beta) i note its somehow hard to look completely at the back as we can in real life (with corner of the eye) without configuring and editing the profile correctly. Thats why i asked for a downloadable profile link :)

Ok, i thought you had made some sensitive adjustments to the default profile with quite caution.

I also scan sides a lot but i also like to know whats behind without moving the body. Though with this new software version 5 (beta) i note its somehow hard to look completely at the back as we can in real life (with corner of the eye) without configuring and editing the profile correctly. Thats why i asked for a downloadable profile link :)

My sensitivity is set to 1.6 in the software by default. It's not an actual curve-tweak, it's just using that sensitivity slider. Seems to work well for me currently, but like I said, I'm sure I'll tweak it in the future.

To be honest I don't like those HUD-s so much.. 1st they are identical. If I put google.com Su 25 HUD then first result will be this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/su%2025%20HUD/Balros/cockpit_su-25t.jpg or http://www.virtual-jabog32-mirror2.de/downloads/_pics/img_id125.jpg

Those are from SU-25T. The old basic SU-25 does not have a modern hud.

Those are from SU-25T. The old basic SU-25 does not have a modern hud.

Well yes, it's SU-25T HUD. But OK then.. btw can you show me old HUD? :P

But does HIND have same HUD then? :p

I just noticed something that might be useful for some that keep getting TIR5 error and use AVG antivirus.

If you have AVG Anti Virus and if you keep getting an error message when you start your TIR5, go to AVG Resident Shield and deactivate it, or manage an exception to this program.

What do you mean? Some custom built IR rig?
No (IR) rigs at all, just your casual outfit. :D

What version have you used?

With a 3 + Vector, 4, or 5, you simply hit a key to recenter it in the event that you do something (ie: leave your computer, shift your chair dramatically, etc) that causes it to be a little 'off'. There's no "running a configuration tool" required. As to sitting with your head absolutely still - if you have a decent profile with some kind of low-sensitivity 'deadzone', that shouldn't be an issue, either.

I have version 4.

I run the configuration tool each time I play. The one with the two heads.

It runs in the background behind the game. I have to launch it first and put my hat on and then sometimes it hangs when I minimise the game and bla bla bla.

I can't be bothered. Not for infantry.

I don't enjoy fighting the config. Pressing the reset button when I have other things to do like fighting the enemy...

I look forward to the improvements you mentioned in ArmA 2.

I cant believe how ugly the TIR5 is compared to TIR4, frpm subtle and sexy to overdesigned space ship...

No (IR) rigs at all, just your casual outfit. :D

Wouldn't work at all. Hence the name "Track... IR". ;)

I run the configuration tool each time I play. The one with the two heads.

It runs in the background behind the game. I have to launch it first and put my hat on and then sometimes it hangs when I minimise the game and bla bla bla.

I can't be bothered. Not for infantry.

I don't enjoy fighting the config. Pressing the reset button when I have other things to do like fighting the enemy...

Hmn, this seems odd somehow. With TIR4 (or 5, for that matter), you simply have it run at start (windows start, that is), and then whenever you launch a game for the first time you sit in a 'center' position and tap a 'center' key. That's it. You don't have to open up any other programs or anything like that. You don't have to actually open the TrackIR software unless you intend to change something (ie: change the sensitivity curve or whatever).

Recentering is something you may have to do once every hour with a good config. It takes literally one second to do, if not less. It's really not a hassle or a distraction.

Wouldn't work at all. Hence the name "Track... IR". ;)
So, it's a purely passive IR sensor?

Has anybody experience with using an IR desklamp or sth?

Well yes, it's SU-25T HUD. But OK then.. btw can you show me old HUD? :P

But does HIND have same HUD then? :p

The only one I could find: :D

2yvucgo.jpg

Don't know about the Hind.

So, it's a purely passive IR sensor?

Has anybody experience with using an IR desklamp or sth?

It tracks a specific set of IR dots and uses the relationship between them to figure out a 6DOF representation of where your head is/is pointed/etc. Shining IR light on your face won't do anything, because the software isn't going to recognize that sort of input.

Just to clarify since people here seems to have misread my posts. There is nothing wrong with the video itself! On the contrary it's always nice to see some Arma 2 footage, especially some in high res.

What Im making a remark at is how the video was put forth on this forum. If anyone don't understand why, feel free to PM me.

Anyway Natural Point can advertise same as any other company. As to advertising on BIS's forums they work with BIS and have added their product to the richness of ArmA so they get special dispensation.

I can understand that, if thats the case.

But if we start seeing "Arma2 runs best with the Logitech G19" and "I7 for the real Arma2 experience" threads.

Then people might go with the "If you don't like it - don't watch the it" argument on this forum.

Also i am sharp enough to know if someone tries to sell anything to me, so what gives if they succed or not? It is my decision afterwards afterall..

Yeah but not everyone is as sharp as you, you know.

As for the replies saying Im just here to put down BIS, or that im jealous, negative etc.

I rather check out the other threads than go on about this forever, so yes this is me -> :rage:.

TrackIR is a specific piece of hardware.

It is specifically designed for very few games.

ArmA (BI Devs) supports TrackIR.

Go look at your ArmA key binds, they are already setup.

Yes, it WILL give you a better enjoyment of any game that supports it.

Yes, it needs more advertising.

Dslyecxi, thanks for the vid. Very informative stuff and the game is looking great!

I have a question - The one thing that bugged me in Arma1 with regard to TrackIR was that when you used your ironsight, your head movement was still active and because of the zoom factor associated with that, the smallest movement would often throw my aim off. As a semi-workaround, I had to bind my 'precision' key for TrackIR to the same key I used for stabilise/hold breath. This helped to a degree but still wasn't ideal.

Obviously with scoped weapons like the m24, this problem did not exist because your view was locked to the scope and yet you still had the ability to lean/zoom etc. The Arma1 demo, in my opinion, used a better method whereby when you went to ironsight mode, the x and y axes were disabled, allowing you to make use of the other TrackIR axes and yet it offered stability while aiming. Why they changed it for the final release, I'm still not sure.

Anyway, my question is: can this be remedied in Arma2 itself? Even better, does the new software give the option for a hotkey bind to disable/enable multiple axes on the fly? I begged and pleaded on the Naturalpoint forum for them to add this in a future software release. Just curious to know if it's possible.

BTW: Here's my request on Naturalpoint highlighting the issue: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=4803&Number=25451#Post25451

I noticed another thread where it seems sk3pt was asking for the same feature. Am I correct in my assumption on that one, sk3pt?

Edited by Col.Flanders
Added link

Yeah but not everyone is as sharp as you, you know.

Oh, thanks mate! Nice compliment...

Thats me -->:lecture:

All kind of opinions are voiced here, thats what we are here for, discussing so all do know more afterwards, its a community ie helping each other to achive more in the end...

:239:

Dslyecxi just showed a proper video, like the last time with ArmaI and TrackIR4 ... if you dont order with his code, he wont see a dime anyway and moreover if its a good joystick,keyboard whatnot which is specially good for using with Arma why not promote it? How should we know about it before actually buying it and maybe its not working properly with our beloved ArmaII? Now we know its working perfectly and insanely cool ... I dont think there will be any review or preview of TrackIR inside ArmaII from any of the 'regular' PC gamers magazines/sites soon, if at all..

Was his video too professional? Well, i wished more videos of games where that properly made and for some these things might even be nice work examples for their CV. Be it because of Videoediting,Scripting, Photography or whatnot.

Maybe this thread should have been inside a/the Hardware forum here (dont even know if there is one here) .. i mean its not much different than others discussing what best CPU and such to buy... i myself posted a link to one of these brainmouse thingy where you control your character via brainwaves... not even with video nor code... i did this because i somehow was interested in that thing, so i also asked if someone got that 90€ something 'tool'. IF i had one i would have done a video of it too.. just because i am Graphics Designer and i like videoediting and havent much done in this field lately ... so much for reasons to spend/waste many hours of taping and editing and just coming up with a concept.

OT:

I mean isnt it all gamers dream to have someday so massive multiplayer experiences that all ppl writing here at the forums get together sometime (hope in the near future +-5yr) to get a huge Arma brawl going? I imagine 500vs500 or more ppl going on for a battalion strength battle .. awesome!

(or what size would 500vs500 be? Division is bigger right?)

And Armaxx is going to be the first game that will enable us to do exactly that... there we can duel even better with TrackIR,Brainmouse and superkeyboards ...btw i use a Razermouse... awesome!

Edited by PhilippRauch

(or what size would 500vs500 be? Division is bigger right?)

And Armaxx is going to be the first game that will enable us to do exactly that... there we can duel even better with TrackIR,Brainmouse and superkeyboards ...btw i use a Razermouse... awesome!

Share your drugs, wanna have the same dream :drinking:

Great idea,but...what I want to see(I know,its quiet late..) is control your stance with it.

I dont mean crouching,but something between crouch and stand,I think this will give players more realistic feeling from game,and also tactics :)

I hope this will be in game,if not...then what about some DLC for loyal community?;-)

When I look at the TrackIR5 I wonder.. why on earth isn't such a cool device supported yet on consoles?

Look at how many fps-es there are.. would be extremely cool if the track ir also worked on a console.