Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

Xbox or PS3??

Me and my girlfriend decided that we should have a console as an entertaining theater (watch movies, play split screen games and pro evolution soccer with the guys etc)

Well ArmA2 and OFP2 are coming for console for which of the two consoles they both come? Cause I want to buy them both also anyone knows if these two games can be played over the internet with PC players?

OFP2 is being released on both Xbox and PS3. Although nothing has been confirmed about ArmA 2 (there are even some rumours that the console port has been binned, but they haven't been substantiated) the rumour mill reckons they'll go for the Xbox. So on that basis the Xbox may be a better choice.

anyone knows if these two games can be played over the internet with PC players?

Well, I bought a PS3 - mainly for the build-in Blueray player and the hard disk (standard sata - can be upgraded with any off the shelf disk for little money), the latter was important because I also use the PS3 to record TV programmes for later viewing. Also PSN is free (while XBox Life isn't). The PS3 is more expensive, but in my opinion it has more to offer than the Xbox 360 - for me that's a fair deal.

There's more than enough good games available for both consoles, no matter what your game preferences are. If you aren't fixed on a specific platform specific title (like MGS4 for the PS3 or Fable 2 for the XBox 360) your deciding factors should be whether you want the technological extras the PS3 has to offer, or whether you just want a cheap gaming platform. And if you just want party games, you should also consider the Wii.

If you wanna watch movies the XBox360 is out of question due to the noise it produces. You can play games from HD now, but as long as something spins in the disctray the noise is horrible.

Well, you could crank up your 5.1 system a bit, that might help.

Oh, and online gaming is free on the PS3 as i heard.

The PS3 is more expensive, but in my opinion it has more to offer than the Xbox 360 - for me that's a fair deal..

Well, if you take into account that you have to buy a special Wifi adaptor for the Xbox, they're almost the same price. (I assume that most people would want to avail of internet services on their console, and that most people don't have a router right beside their console)

Personally i feel the Xbox 360 is better. I have both the xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 and play more of the Xbox then the Playstation due to the xbox's larger game catalogue. I find the controller a lot better then the playstations too! Also i find the whole waiting 7 or more mins to load a game (i know its one off) on the playstation really annoying! I know you dont have to pay for playstation network, but to be honest the service you get from Xbox live is 2nd to none. Trying to think of some plus points for the playstation, but all i can think of is the blu-ray drive...

Edited by Jtec

There is no Xbox Live service by default in Greece. Its much easier to buy a PS3 and simply plug in an Ethernet cable or search for a wireless signal.

Its unconfirmed whether or not ArmA will come to the PS3.

But you stated that you want the PS3 as a media hub as well. The PS3 wins hands down here, simply because of how quiet it is and the fact that it can play Blu-Ray. The XMB is also intuitive and suitable for entertainment.

Thank you guys ;) PS3 will it be :)

I thought ARMAII isnt going to be on the PS3, its 360 only right?

Nobody knows for certain, although the rumours so far is that it's going to be Xbox only.

Thank you guys ;) PS3 will it be :)

You made the right choice, I have a X360 & friends PS3, the PS3 is years ahead, the X360 is not silent and if I has a choice today I would get a PS3 Get the wireless controllers for the PS3 & a charging docking station for it too. Online communities etc is all FREE ! on the PS3, SONY charge $0 for online, unlike Microsoft charging $80+ for microsoft Live every year.

Plus you got blue ray, blue tooth, usb (my friend has a bluetooth keyboard & mouse connected to his PS3 !

Finally there are some really good & cool games you and your Girlfriend can play...

:) ps3

PS3 has Quality but Xbox360 has quantity, in regards to every aspect of gaming, (games,etc.) I bought a X360 first because more of my friends have it and more games for it, but it got red-ringed like in 10mins of owning it, so i had to return it back and i got a PS3 instead, I have owned all the Playstations, but i don't have any brand loyalty to them, i just got them because they had more games at the time, they still survived even today, PS1 <14 years and running, but i donated to the diabetes associations,

PS3 is supposed to be the best Playstation ever made, but they say its too ahead of the curve, so when it does pick-up into mainstream, Xbox720 will be their to compete with it.

Sure there's more games for the XBox 360, if only because it's been over a year in the market before the PS3 was released. In the beginning (i.e. the first year or so) that WAS a problem for PS3 owners, but not anymore. By now there's so many good games out for the PS3, that - no matter what your favourite genre - you can enjoy a wide selection of quality games. After all you can only play so many games in a given amount of time...

Edited by Daddl
spelling/grammar