Sign in to follow this  
Cazzah

How to use addons/mods?

I may sound way noob here, but how do you mod,

could some one teach me or just direct me to somewhere were i can learn how to mod ArmA?

Thanks

OFPEC.com is also a good starting point, it has also lots of tutorials...

also see some of the guide ebooks in my signature, they have also lot of useful information, not exactly about modding, but about editing and gameplay in general!

ok so i made a bit of a douche of myself then, i just wanna know how to add other peoples work, i have nor the skill or the time to do it :P

Practice makes perfect. Keep practicing after you read some tutorials you'll eventually get good.

thanks alot guys, but when i try to put it into my ArmA demo, it says i need 'extended _eventHandler' so i went to armaholic and downloaded 'Extended_init_eventHandler' and then when i go to open the game it says corrupt data found..

is it just cause im running off the demo or cause im doing it wrong?

Thanks

You'll kinda need the actual game there, Cazzah. :p

yeah its working now, just i didnt wanna risk it, cause i had to pay up a bit to get the game, cause there was only one left within 200k of where i lived so it was a fair bit more expensive.

Still check my signatures 'Must reads' contain a lot of useful info, especially for new ArmAholics ;), and its FREE! as in freebeer !

google Brsseb's tutorials.

Thats where i started. Now i have project RACS......

google Brsseb's tutorials.

Brsseb's tutorials are really great, they made me into it

Changed the thread title, guys he wants to know how to use addons/mods and not how to create new stuff. Brsseb's tutorials are useless here. He also got the game already, he doesn't need another one from Sprocket.