Sign in to follow this  
Creation

"Wild animals that roam the atmospheric forests".

IMO a quite simple AI behaviour, e.g. for animals like rabbits or deers, would be for them to keep a minimum distance off a man.

Whenever the player is detected, much like the enemies detect him (by hearing or seeing), that would make them run away until they are, 50/100m away. Or at least out of visual contact.

When there's no one around, they could just roam in a predefined area, for example within a forest's borders.

That would be really cool ... no honestly... some kind of new map like CTI now its CTA, the more 'precious' animals you can catch without killing them (well or maybe by killing them ;) ) ... or the local Zoo had a big escape, catch the dangerous animals before they reach the capital (capitol?) ... even as PvP maybe, also as PvA (Player vs. Animal, where one human player is the animal side, like Serial Killer just now its an Werewolf .. hehe, in dark he gets his 'animal vehicle' at day hes a ordinary chenarus citizen)

or for Saharani Life it would open up new possibilities to earn, legal, money .. or even illegal as poacher hunting 'precious' animals, bountyhunter style...

i go mad on thoughts so i better stop or i cry wolf .. lol

Hi all

We already have a predator in the form of Dogs, the first ArmA video showed one attacking the player.

Animals will be modded by the community!

A veritable zoo will be the result.

Then we need to work on FSMs for them to get variable responses.

Wolves, Lions, Tigers, leopards etc. can be modded off Dogs

Deer, antelope, sheep etc will be modded off cows

Bears off the Pigs along with badgers, raccoons etc.

Apes off the suspected Bigfoot.

We need some fish though.

Wow imagine the Aquarium Screen saver you could make with ArmA II ! :yay:

This will be as important to future MODs as guns and aircraft.

Kind Regards walker

We can't forget Elephants, they could be used as war elephants carrying Howitzers on their backs :yay:

and Rhinos that can ram tanks into burning heaps of steel

also we can do some cavalry charges WW1 style :292:

i can imagine things going wrong if u add predators. example: your doing a mission, your a sniper whos just crawled the last couple of miles to assasinate your target using a sniper. you get to your position. you see your target. you aim and are about to fire when a bear appears right behind you and either eats you or chases you off towards the enemy where your gunned down.

now that would be lol/smash key board moment

i can imagine things going wrong if u add predators. example: your doing a mission, your a sniper whos just crawled the last couple of miles to assasinate your target using a sniper. you get to your position. you see your target. you aim and are about to fire when a bear appears right behind you and either eats you or chases you off towards the enemy where your gunned down.

now that would be lol/smash key board moment

Beware of the Russian Bear! :D

I doubt there are much predators in any mentionable scale in such built up areas in central Europe anyway. This isn't Alaska. I miss some deers though.

Edited by sparks50

True true it shouldnt be Farma 2, I just used to think etc. on the RHIB "wow if a whale popped up now i'd poop myself"

72;1276231']Yep i remember that too. Imagine lying on a hill looking into a village far away for enemies. All of a sudden you see a flock of birds flying off down there - you know there are someone moving around there! :)

They said this would be in long time ago. Maybe forgotten - maybe in.

Yeah, that would be great! - You know what would be even better? YOU are trying to sneak up on an enemy encampment through the woods, you are a bit careless and all of a sudden a nearby flock of birds fly up. An enemy sentry shouts out and "O crap, the T72s start rolling over.."

Birds can scramble all by themselves without a human nearby. Would be lame if bird activity was caused only by humans.

Birds can scramble all by themselves without a human nearby. Would be lame if bird activity was caused only by humans.

Very true. That would also make such a feature all the more interesting. A seemingly "startled" flock of birds erupting majestically from a forest might imply that there is someone there - but not necessarily.

Having such things happen randomly, would change a scenario from "Look, over there! Startled birds mean enemies. Let's go kill them!" to something more like "Look, over there! Startled birds. We should go check it out, just to be sure."

Much cooler in my opinion. :)

Male capercaillie taking off from small distance from players side... That can cause some What-the-f*ck-was-that! moments at start. Sound is loud and quite majestic, naturally only if BIS model whole bird and manages to model it's sound when it rises to it's wings (and beats branches with them) well.

Or Moose circling around base at night. That can keep guards alert quite well. Rabbit or some other small critter in near by bushes moving like enemy recon would, slowly and cautiously with noise which barely can be heard.

Could create some quite interesting situations.

And rats. Packs of rats fighting on dumps, farms etc. At least i don't like sound of it at all.

Animals should react properly to each other and the environment.

Some animals flock others don't or simply don't have relative members due to hunting or other reasons.

Hares, deers, horses, etc usually dont like to be in the vicinity of dogs. Cows are very neutral and interested in other creatures. Cats obviously don't like dogs and nocturnals are most active during night time.

Animals usually indicate there is water nearby, which can be a vital feature for gameplay.

I hope that not only vertebrata creatures are in the game but also insects like mosquitoes which can also be used as an indication for water.

And I don't expect simulated biological interactions like predation and scavenging are coded in the animal AI, but some basic animal AI logic should be in the game.

Edited by SgtH3nry3

@SWAT_BigBear:

Excellent stuff. Does this exist as a script only or do you need addon? If script I see a lot of changes I would have to do, but the idea is just brilliant.

I followed the thread but it seems to have come to a halt.

DMarkwick (author) last post was in April 08', which he talks of scripts that trigger the birds.

Read his thread, and you will know just as much as I.

The last post in it could be feasible.

anyone played The hunter??? its good