Sign in to follow this  
Creation

"Wild animals that roam the atmospheric forests".

Heres where we can discuss the animals that are features in Arma 2. Why? Because when me and my friends are not serious we like to mess around, and the first thing we are going to do in Arma 2 is find some heavy weaponry and go hunting.

So what animals are confirmed to be in Arma 2 heres the list of the ones ive currently seen.

-Dog (german shepard from trailer)

-Goat

-Wild pig

Ive heard that cows and bears would be featured, most likely a rumor, anyone have a list or any more to add to the list?

Cows can be seen in various Arma 2 videos.

Maybe fish ? Since we have a lake ingame :p

How the hell can you guys forget about the BIGFOOT to the north.

I'm still crossing my fingers that someone will make an ArmA2 - Deer Hunter mod. :)

I'm still crossing my fingers that someone will make an ArmA2 - Deer Hunter mod. :)

Did your read the discption about the new armory mode?

Seems that ArmA will feature something like that, ok as animal not as hunter but maybe you also can play it as huntermode. :)

Im just glad the glad the game world will be more alive, One of the things I didn't like about Armed Assault, was how the world felt kinda empty and dead.

What about small birds that fly up when people approach or when guns are fired?

They said in 2007 that they want to implement this if you are in woods.... so far all seems to have forgotten it (maybe even BIS?)....

I would love such little things for the atmosphere - would even more raise the immersion of the beautiful Chernarus Landscape!

I just hope that the animals have some sort of AI too, which i didnt see so far, theres a video around showing a firefight and the cow in the background just walks around, following its predefined waypoints! :)

They said in 2007 that they want to implement this if you are in woods.... so far all seems to have forgotten it (maybe even BIS?)....

I would love such little things for the atmosphere - would even more raise the immersion of the beautiful Chernarus Landscape!

Yep i remember that too. Imagine lying on a hill looking into a village far away for enemies. All of a sudden you see a flock of birds flying off down there - you know there are someone moving around there! :)

They said this would be in long time ago. Maybe forgotten - maybe in.

Hunter mod? Like hunting rabbits using a tank?

There are chickens.

This screenshots shows a "Hunted" game mode where you need to survive. It would be funny if you played as the chicken.

4-arma2_preview_pcgames_april_update_49.jpg.

Did your read the discption about the new armory mode?

Seems that ArmA will feature something like that, ok as animal not as hunter but maybe you also can play it as huntermode. :)

Yeah I read that. Apparently you control an animal (wild boar?), running away from hunters to be rescued by someone. Sounds like a lot of fun but it's not really what I had in mind.

I was mainly wondering whether there would be any deer in the game, or if not, how difficult it would be to adapt existing animal animations and FSMs for them. I would also prefer to play as the hunter, not as the deer. :)

@Discussion about birds flying from trees:

Why would BIS need to code that into the engine? It could just as easily be scripted in missions. I believe some people have already done that in ArmA1.

Hunter mod? Like hunting rabbits using a tank?

There are chickens.

This screenshots shows a "Hunted" game mode where you need to survive. It would be funny if you played as the chicken.

Haha, that would be funny if the hunters had to get the RIGHT chicken. Go hide in a chicken coop. (out of spite they'd just satchel the damn thing, lol)

Hunting Mode would really be cool and would be a nice touch in SP & MP :bounce3:

And all the live stock should have an AI that is OFF by default but can be turned on in the mission, so that they have that "flee" opportunity if you make too much sound or come too close..

And a hunting mission with laser or false bullets which does not kill but give you a point depending on where you hit him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=66945&highlight=birds

Maybe?

There seems to be a lack of predators, also nocturnal animals will make it awesome.

You hear a scratching sound and a fox/badger emerges from its burrow, it sniffs the air cautiously. You move forward slowly to get a better look and the small creature darts back into its burrow. You send an M67 Frag grenade after it for being such a wimp

Seriously though if animals are spawnable from editor im making animal hordes.

Edited by Creation

There seems to be a lack of predators,

I believe predator styled animals will not be included for game mechanic reasons, as they could interfere with the game Ai soldiers, a similar reason was quoted with FC2.

BIS have gone further than any other milsim by including real animals like horses, cows, dogs, rabbits, boar etc etc... at the end of the day it;s a military shooter not an animal farm game.

Look forward to an interesting title.

It's official: nobody wants to fight wars in ArmA II.

GOL is going yettie hunting up in the hills

Hi all

Today 03:54 PM

Creation There seems to be a lack of predators, also nocturnal animals will make it awesome.

We already have a predator in the form of Dogs, the first ArmA video showed one attacking the player.

Animals will be modded by the community!

A veritable zoo will be the result.

Then we need to work on FSMs for them to get variable responses.

Wolves, Lions, Tigers, leopards etc. can be modded off Dogs

Deer, antelope, sheep etc will be modded off cows

Bears off the Pigs along with badgers, raccoons etc.

Apes off the suspected Bigfoot.

We need some fish though.

Wow imagine the Aquarium Screen saver you could make with ArmA II ! :yay:

This will be as important to future MODs as guns and aircraft.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Spelling