Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

"then new pe"

Sod dodgeball...

A game of British Bulldogs is all that you need in school biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A game of British Bulldogs is all that you need in school biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ohhh my God that brings back memories! However, I have even more memories of another game we used to play. The basic idea was to get the ball into the opposing teams goal. By any means necessary. The game soon aquired the nickname 'Murderball' biggrin.gif . Another game that taught you to be quick on your feet and have good passing skills. It was either that or get the shit kicked out of you by the opposing team. And I mean the whole team.

It appears that our "generation" all over the world have all played the same PE games, just under different names.

Kinda cool biggrin.gif

And look! We all turned out ok!  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds like Jungleball : )<span id='postcolor'>

LOL I imagine there are a hundred different names for it. It's proper name should be 'Kill the idiot who is stupid enough to have the ball'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That game is fun smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, great fun. Just as long as you don't hold on to the ball for too long!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 06 2002,18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And look! We all turned out ok!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Speak for yourself wink.gif hehehehe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DaCrytter @ Mar. 06 2002,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds like Jungleball : )<span id='postcolor'>

LOL I imagine there are a hundred different names for it. It's proper name should be 'Kill the idiot who is stupid enough to have the ball'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That game is fun  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, great fun. Just as long as you don't hold on to the ball for too long!<span id='postcolor'>

We had a game like that as well....

It was know by the rather un-PC (back when that was ok) name of "Smear The Queer"....the queer being the one with the ball...

I remember playing "Smear The Queer" with an football(america football).You would get like 10 people (maybe more or less) and run around the field,then if wimp out you fumble it. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sheesh that's all bollocks, it's a parents job to raise a child so he isn't violent, it's a parents job to raise a child so he feels special and not left out in the world etc.

It's a school's job to educate, to stimulate mind and body, the rest is a parent's role. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not sure of the USA rules for dodgeball but we played something similar at school from time to time and we all loved it, it was great fun, it wasn't about making victims and all that utter bullshit, it was a test of speed, reflexes, skill, throwing aim etc. etc. etc. When we played it we used to run about laughing like insane lil children (which of course we were )

Seems to me that kids these days are growing up more with these developmental problems BECAUSE of these things that are put in place supposedly to avoid developmental problems, if you "molly coddle" children they grow up to be fuckwits, plain and simple <span id='postcolor'>

Placebo, you have just discovered the "cause" of those pesky lil' fuckwits that are generally known as "Townies" smile.gif Those little vermins are destroying Britain, I'm afraid, and the reason is bad/non-existant parenting. School educates the academics and the thinking, but social behavour etc. etc. is with the parents. People don't realise that discipline and rules are the way to go.

@ nordin dk

British Bulldogs when I played in junior school involved around 25 + of kids standing line across at one end of the playground and just one kid standing in the middle of the playground.

The 25 + group of kids would then charge to the other end of the playground whilst the kid in the middle had to stop one of them by ANY means whatsoever ( usually violence masquerading as "rough and tumble".

The kid he managed to stop would then be on his side, and the charge would start again. Eventually, there would be 25+ kids in the middle just waiting to kick the crap out of the last kid (the winner) who would have to charge to the end of the playground.

There was no ball involved though.

I'm sure every school has their own variation on it and I think it was eventually banned in Britain due to the amount of very serious injuries. confused.gif

Ahh I remember my old school many years ago we had a nice painful version of tag yep what we did would have one person being it but instead of having to get you they had to hit you with a tennis ball which they smashed at you with a tennis racket and when you were hit you were it after you got over the pain from where ever they hit you if your were a sadist type person you would aim low smile.gif .

Yep that was survival of the fittest as any fat person got annihilated on big target

Yep this brings back happy memories

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (colt @ Mar. 06 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@ nordin dk

British Bulldogs when I played in junior school involved around 25 + of kids standing line across at one end of the playground and just one kid standing in the middle of the playground.

The 25 + group of kids would then charge to the other end of the playground whilst the kid in the middle had to stop one of them by ANY means whatsoever ( usually violence masquerading as "rough and tumble".

The kid he managed to stop would then be on his side, and the charge would start again. Eventually, there would be 25+ kids in the middle just waiting to kick the crap out of the last kid (the winner) who would have to charge to the end of the playground.

There was no ball involved though.

I'm sure every school has their own variation on it and I think it was eventually banned in Britain due to the amount of very serious injuries. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is on the olympic program next summer-olympics i believe. biggrin.gif

Injuries...schminjuries. That never stopped the real sports from getting popular, like curling and chess.

If wrestling, rugby, boxing, icehockey etc. is legal in most of the world, why should <span style='color:red'>British Bulldog</span> then be illegal. I sense a great injustice here, and I fear the <span style='color:white'>Shadow People</span> are involved.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 06 2002,13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anyone remember "red rover"?<span id='postcolor'>

Yep... two teams put in two lines and one team had to choose the one who was gonna one who was to run into their line (which they held together with their arms) and break the line (and no, not their arms either). I played that real well... about.. 80% of the time I broke the position I got into... (and toppled their entire line at the same time... half of the time I broke the line)

On another note, we also played a version of dodgeball in which we had two opposing teams and a border to seperate their areas. Anyone who had the ball was to throow it at the eney, and whoever was hit was made a prisoner of the opposing team. The "prisons" were held in the back areas of the team areas, and within throwing range of the opposition. If you threw a ball at a captive team member and he/she caught it, they could either come back to their area and be with their team or throw it at the enemy and get one out. If the ball was caught by an opposing team member after you threw it at him/her, you were out and made a prisoner of the other team.

With all this talk of childhood games like 'dodge ball', 'red rover', and 'British bulldog' and the like, I was thinking.......Maybe we should all meet somewhere and just play it already instead of talking about it! smile.gif

We can all wear name tags: 'Hello, my name is 'Assault (CAN)' tounge.gif

LOL,

Tyler

can;t believe they classified basketball as 'competitive'....

this is a bit too far..... sad.gif

thanx a lot aggressive parents!! mad.gif

they couldn't hold themselves, and get into fight, now they are making kids pay the proce for not being able to hold themselves

Here in Germany it is even worse. Ten years ago many parents tried to grow a little Boris Becker or Steffi Graf. Today only the names have changed and not the circumstances...

Today many children have to be like Michael Schumacher or Martin Schmitt.

Why don`t let them decide what they like to do (play)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 07 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here in Germany it is even worse. Ten years ago many parents tried to grow a little Boris Becker or Steffi Graf. Today only the names have changed and not the circumstances...

Today many children have to be like Michael Schumacher oder Martin Schmitt.

Why don`t let them decide what they like to do (play)?<span id='postcolor'>

Boris Yeltsin?

I know Germans love beer, but vodka? what the heck are these parent's thinking? do they want to make their kids an alcoholics? tounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Quote: Michael Schumacher oder Martin Schmitt.

daemn..that's a long name... (joking)

I know what 'oder' means in German. but Ich bin dumbkoft.

that's the only German I learned from my 3yrs of German in american highschool. that was 4yrs ago!

I guess it all boils down to being famous and earning tons of money in short time. I mean, look at famous atheletes. They make astronomical amounts in 10yrs, if they become famous. I guess parents wants that... sad.gif

Uups, sorry sad.gif

That "oder" slipped out somehow. I`ve corrected it already wink.gif

I like my native language, but I guess for most of you it sounds like klingon... So I better stay with english tounge.gif

RED ROVER RED ROVER WE WANT 'BOB' TO COME OVER and then BOB runs over and you almost decapitate him whilst almost breaking your own arm....ahhh the good old days, but it was right, it taught competition and strategy(who wasnt a wuss!wink.gif

Life is competitive, kids HAVE to be prepeared for it and they have to be tauhg the importance of competing WHITHIN the rules, outlawing violence is simply goin to create losers, them kkids are goin to come into the real world badly adjusted and they are goin to fail in everything,

I play football(Soccer) and during trainin its extremely competitive, people get hurt and annooyed but at the ned of the day everythings fine, (unless your and arsehole in which case you get chucked out of the team!wink.gif

BOLLOCKS to this 'new pe' all it will do is create the tramps of the future..

Yep. Kids should be taught this: 'Some you win, some you lose'

That's life. You can't always win.

lol i remember dodgeball...it wasnt banned when we played it then the teachers saw us and banned the game. but we still played it and ended up in the deans office quite often.

we most played red rover except without the RED ROVER RED ROVER WE WANT 'BOB' TO COME OVER part. it was brutal (for the last poor soul left to be hit). lol one false slip by the oppsition, and you could bring back your whole entire team back.

yes children.. sit in your noce quiet, non violent, non competitive, non ANYTHING school.. then go how and watch the power rangers slaughter the meatball man in their regan era robots in a massive orgy of violent spandex.. then we can watch pro-wresteling too!